Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 04-25-2008, 07:03 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

Smile Weekend Warriors April 25 - 27

Le'ts get the ball rolling this weekend! Shorts and bathing suit weather is just around the corner.

I weigh in at 132.6 this morning and am determined to make that .6 go away by Monday!

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 08:32 AM   #2  
Feelin good in my skin

Height: 5'9"

Good Morning Weekend Warriors....

Dagmar.. Count me in!

I had a stellar week - I am trying South Beach Diet to take off these last few pounds... So far I've taken off 3lbs. I am hoping to continue down this path. And have a successful weekend.

I'll check in! We can do it!!!
Marathon Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 04:37 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 171/ticker/145

Height: 5' 6.5"

Hi Weekend Warriors. Is it okay if I join in? Weekends are totally my achilles' heel. I allow myself a bit higher calorie count than on weekdays within my plan, but at least once a month I totally binge and go well over that. Once it even got me so discouraged that I fell right off the wagon and stayed there for nearly a month.

I actually just started losing that weight after getting back on track, so I lost quickly this last week -- back down to 156.0 from 159.4. I think that means I'm not going to aim to lose any more over the weekend, just maintain. We can do it!!
coldbrightday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 05:36 PM   #4  
Hardwork...Dedication

S/C/G: 156/142/128

Height: 5'6

Hi Weekend Warriors!

I'm dedicated to getting through this weekend without losing my mind and jumping off the wagon! After maintaining my weight last weekend, I decided to kick it up a notch this week. I re-started Extreme Fat Smash and added 2 more workouts to my schedule. I don't weigh in again till Monday....but I feel better even if I haven't lost a pound!

Good luck everyone!

Last edited by dangerouscurves76; 04-25-2008 at 05:44 PM.
dangerouscurves76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 07:07 PM   #5  

coldbrightday

Jump right in! We're all prone to pigging out on the weekend here. That's why this thread was started - to stop that!

Dagmar
Old 04-25-2008, 10:56 PM   #6  
needs constant reminding

S/C/G: 164/maintenance since 8/08

Hi warriors!
I've got and wine tasting party this weekend...oooohhhhh.....
My plan is to save a bunch of cals, yet not get there starving, so I can indulge a bit. Oh yeah, she's also doing different cheeses and a salmon....yummmm
But I finally saw a new number this week- 152.5 and I want the scale to go down further....
decisions, decisions... good choices, bad choices.. my hand my mouth, every bite is a choice.... gotta keep this in my head!!

kittycat40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 11:00 PM   #7  
just a few more...

S/C/G: 138/112.4/105

Height: 5'1"

ahhh the weekend is here!! tomorrow we are leaving the house really early and headed out for a daytrip about an hour from here. Of course that means both lunch and dinner will be on the road. It will be a battle of being healthy and frugal, not always an easy thing but I'll do my best.
batmomm2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 09:27 AM   #8  

Angry Friday night - ARRRGGHHH!!

We went for a walk, DH and I. And on the way back we stopped in at the grocery store to get milk and bread. He grabbed a container of ice cream for his snack and I grabbed a small container of pumpkin seeds.

Somehow, after I finished the seeds my brain decided that the ice cream would follow. Damn it!

I will stay OP for the rest of the weekend, even if I have to spend every minute at home locked in my office.

I want that 132 so much more than I want unhealthy snacks. I want that 132 on the scale on Monday.

I did do my strength workout this morning and I'm trying out a new yoga DVD this evening, instead of sitting in front of the TV.

Dagmar
Old 04-26-2008, 12:01 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 170/143/125

i just weighed in at 134 - i think it may be just because it's nearing noon and i haven't eaten since last night around 6:30 BUT my goal is to be 134 on monday.

today i am getting lunch with my mom and i work this weekend - both of which are tough! i work 2nd shift and the last two hours are a little slow so we often end up snacking. last time i tried bringing my own healthy snacks, so i guess i should try that again. if i'm going to eat at 10pm i'd rather it be some fruit and nuts than ice cream or chips.

dagmar, ice cream is a HUGE weakness of mine. stay on the wagon the rest of the weekend and that one treat shouldn't kill you.
iriswhispers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 08:21 PM   #10  
just a few more...

well if you need to kick me off the thread I'll understand...

out of town from very early this morning, so the good batmomm packed granola bars and grapes for everyone for breakfast, some leftover veg pizza for lunch and then on the way home we stopped at a new place and I had an 8" cheesesteak w/onion rings And the worst part is that it was so damned good.

If this lump in my belly ever settles I do plan to sneak off to the gym-thank god for 24 hr gyms.
Old 04-27-2008, 01:11 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 170/143/125

24 hour gyms? what a divine idea.... wish there was one of those around here!
iriswhispers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 01:23 AM   #12  
needs constant reminding

S/C/G: 164/maintenance since 8/08

Just got in from my parrty. I dd ok w/ the wine and cheese part---- then I entered the other room and saw a big platter of italian meats.... started getting a little crazy... caught myself and stopped. All in all as far as I can tell with my pseudo calorie counts.... 360 cals over what I shoot for. Not too insane, but I was a-ok until the platter. But, sanity did come forth.

Planning to go to a new exercise class with some friends from the party tomorrow am. I did want to run on treadmill and do some serious sweating. But, may do this class. DH is ok with both... kind of doubts me tho.

good night warriors!
kittycat40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 11:17 AM   #13  
just a few more...

well the scale hasn't realized my slip ups yet so I got to see a nice new number today I have to run today but decided to opt for the extra sleep this morning and then I'll run later on today somewhere between 8-12miles.

I have a marathon next weekend so I should be in taper mode but my training has been crappy so one more good run would be nice.
Old 04-27-2008, 02:03 PM   #14  

Red face Beers of the world

I rarely drink. DH and I were in the liquor store yesterday buying a bottle of wine as a hostess gift.

For some reason ( and I did figure it out this morning) DH and I decided to do a tasting of various kinds of beer from eastern European countries last night. So we also bought 5 different single bottles of beer.

I had tastes of 3 of them and actually drank the two smallest ones. That was not such a huge calorie overload but it set me off on a food binge .

DH has promised to start his diet for real after Tuesday when he writes his economics exam. I hope he means it.

Dagmar
Old 04-27-2008, 03:28 PM   #15  
Hardwork...Dedication

S/C/G: 156/142/128

Height: 5'6

Smile

Hi warriors!

It's Sun afternoon and I'm pretty happy with myself. I've managed to get through most of the weekend without any major slips! In fact, I was so worried that I would binge last night that I didn't eat enough! Later, I realized that I was well under my calorie limit!

My allergies are really starting to kick my butt...so I'm not sure I'll get up the energy to workout tonight. Maybe a quick nap after I finish posting will help.
dangerouscurves76 is offline   Reply With Quote