Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 03-25-2008, 04:39 PM   #1  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

Unhappy I busted through the plateau....dang...

All my life I have found that set point theory kind of works with my body. I have places my body will settle at and it is as much "effort" to gain as lose at those places. Not really effort of course, but in those plateaus I can overeat more often than you would think and not gain weight. Or I can be strict and diet and not lose weight. But once I push the limit on either side, I tend to move rather quickly 4-6 lbs to the next one...either up or down as the case may be.

Anyway I have been bouncing around the 130-133 plateau for about 6 months (after sabotaging my way up from 127) but determined overeating and self sabotaging behavior have busted the plateau....I woke up one day 2 weeks ago at 137 and have been bouncing around 134-137 ever since.

You would think I would know better, but I was pretty darned determined to self-sabotage.

I have to go back because my pants are uncomfortable now. I have been living in sweats as part of the denial. Hopefully I have caught it in time to not settle in the new plateau. Sometimes if i catch it quickly enough I will come back down at a reasonable pace.

And looking back over my weight log I was more successful when I had time based mini goals, so I am re-instituting one. 130 by my next 10K. (May 3rd)

Last edited by ennay; 03-25-2008 at 04:44 PM.
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 12:12 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Hey stranger! Haven't seen much of you lately. I always just assume that's because I haven't been browsing very thoroughly. But you've been hiding in your sweatpants!
I shoulda thought to look there
I keep washing and rewearing the same two sets of scrubs

Honey, you are not the only bouncing Featherweight . Don't be a stranger. We'll catch the joy of Spring approaching and be down to slender weight again soon.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 08:30 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 158/142/at or below 135 lbs.

Height: 5'5"

I've been breaking plateaus right on up to the 20 lb or so gain that I've seen in the last 3-4 years (and this without having kids!). That is the reason I'm here. I, too, can become VERY complacent, and the next thing I know I'm no longer 130 ... then I'm suddenly no longer in the low 130s... then I'd be thrilled to see 135... oops, suddenly I'm hoving around 140 (!!!)... and now, I'm around 145!

Good for you, Ennay, to recognize and nip it in the bud! And Susan, I'm rotating just the same couple pairs of pants and skirts for work... this is no way to live!
walking2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 09:48 PM   #4  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

I did good today right up until I was sitting at the lunch table waiting for dd to finish eating so we could leave the restaurant and ate 1/2 a loaf of bread with butter. I dont even LIKE sourdough. I just like butter.
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 09:56 PM   #5  
Ilene the Bean

''Bouncing Featherweights'' I love that!! Count me in as one of those
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote