Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 03-25-2008, 09:30 AM   #16  
focus creates results

S/C/G: 167/125/110

Height: 5'0"

Too much information but I switched from the Costco brand to two ply charmin (it was on sale) and my daughter clogged the toilet. At least it didnt' overflow. Our plunger is god knows where (I think in our garage of all places) and I have to go hunt it down.

I loaded the kiddies in their Radio Flyer and went for a total 3 mile walk. That was nice. Did arms and legs yesterday.

Gotta go hunt down that plunger. Ew.
Lekhika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 09:54 AM   #17  
Ilene the Bean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lekhika View Post
Too much information but I switched from the Costco brand to two ply charmin (it was on sale) and my daughter clogged the toilet. At least it didnt' overflow. Our plunger is god knows where (I think in our garage of all places) and I have to go hunt it down.

Gotta go hunt down that plunger. Ew.
We cannot use anything "fancy" when it comes to toilet paper, just the Walmart cheap stuff otherwise we clog our toilets too... My mother's toilets are the same, she had to switch also...
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 11:03 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 155/135

Height: 5'5"

Hello, my name is Deb.... and I'm a chocoholic. I have been on a chocolate binge since my dealer E.B. came to town. I am in need of a serious intervention ... or a few hours on the elliptical. I have decided to keep weighing everyday - I need to see the consciences. Eck!
Just Deb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 11:10 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

I saw EB in my town this weekend too. Right on the main street ... sadly parents were letting their children go right up and talk to him. Tsk!

Relax Deb, you're safe here and among friends.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 12:00 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 170/143/125

Height: 5'4"

marathon mom, i think it'll fall off fast - i can never trust my weights at that TOM. keep at your efforts!

lekhika and ilene honestly i can only use thin crappy TP too. i'm glad to know other people have this issue!! lol

deb and susan, EB was here too. he's been making his rounds. while i have resisted the reese's he somehow talked my mother into making a divine chocolate cake with my favorite CARAMEL icing. she must be in cahoots with him!

i went back to the gym yesterday (finally!!) after not being able to move my neck since friday. would you believe i sprained a ligament in my neck turning off my alarm clock?? i am still grappling with that concept. all i can do right now is low impact stuff, and no lifting.
iriswhispers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 12:08 PM   #21  
Ilene the Bean

I went for a jog this morning I was running away from EB .... I was good yesterday ...

Today WILL be good also...
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 12:35 PM   #22  

Today I did 20 minutes of dance type cardio with my HRM on ... very enlightening. Tomorrow I will do more and I'll get my rate up higher.
Old 03-25-2008, 04:21 PM   #23  

The last two days I have been so hungry! I have been unable to exercise which makes it even worse. This whole week might be an exercise bust for me, gotta try to be good with food. It's a crazy cycle that way.

We also should use the crappy toilet paper (we have a cesspool) but DH complains it's too rough for his delicate bottom (ha, ha) so instead we get the good stuff and I live in constant fear of a cesspool nightmare.

Amy

Last edited by timetostart; 03-25-2008 at 04:23 PM.
timetostart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 04:47 PM   #24  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

HAH! I feel justified that I prefer rough scott tissue to that fluffy soft stuff. Our toilets clog enough already.

Well. I am back and need to crank it up. Readjusted my metabolism on fitday to follow what seems to be more accurate now..

3/22 - deficit 889
3/23 - deficit 253
3/24 - deficit 934

Last edited by ennay; 03-25-2008 at 05:06 PM.
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 05:17 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Hmmm....not Charmin, but Cottonelle here. We use the cheap stuff at work (only because we buy in bulk at Costco) but as far as I'm concerned, I simply use more of the cheap stuff, so it'd clog regardless of what we used. We don't have clogging issues, though.

Sunday I'm in a 5k with Chico (doggie dash 20 pounds and over category). I don't know how well we'll do--my stamina rarely lasts more than 1 mile at a time. We'll see.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 07:19 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Thumbs up Old toilets are good toilets

We have one of the older, larger flush toilets (shhh, don't want the toilet police to track me down and remove it) in the downstairs loo and you can put yards of paper down it. I know 'cause DH does something "other" than the usual with toilet paper and then throws reams of the stuff in the toilet without flushing it down. For awhile I was convinced he was flossing with it .

Out delicate little new, less water per flush toilet upstairs will take 4 squares of paper, and will sometimes spit those back up after a couple of minutes. We have plungers in both bathrooms and I always have to take one along to my doggie sits. It seems none of my clients have bodily functions that require a toilet that actually works.

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 07:30 PM   #27  

Question How weird is this?

So you know how, on Sunday night when you decide that you will definitely get back OP on Monday, you then eat everything in sight 'cause it's not cheating 'til the next day?

Well, I'm sitting here waiting for the trainer to show up for our consult, and I'm eating like a little

There's no planned dinner since DH is at school and I did have one of those car repair bills that required me to sit down after I saw the number (ever cry at the dealership? No discount for that at Toyota ).

But this is truly ridiculous. I have all sorts of healthy foods in the house and I did have a dinner plan. All down the toilet (the one that does flush ). I feel like an idiot .

I think, after tonite, I really have to follow through and stay OP. Michelle, the trainer, will actually see me every week. I can't lie to her (not that I EVER lie at 3FC ).

Darn it! What have I done? I have to be healthy now.

Oh yeah, that's what I want, isn't it????

Dagmar
Old 03-25-2008, 07:37 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Dagmar, you are half way there, keep going!!
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 12:24 AM   #29  

I think Dagmar should write a book. Doesn't everyone else just really enjoy reading her posts? Those last two were great!
Old 03-26-2008, 05:45 AM   #30  

Thumbs up The trainer is so nice!

I got a BOB! Very knowledgeable in a nice way. And I think she will be firm with me but not a nag .

She thinks all I need for now are some more dumbells (which I felt like after she left ), a stability ball, and maybe some resistance bands.

That a relief! How would I have explained that I couldn't use her services after all 'cause I had to have my car fixed instead of myself ? Although that's probably an excuse she hasn't heard from any of her clients .

I figured out, about 5 minutes after she left, that I had been eating like a little because I was so anxious about her judging me. SILLY ME!!!

Dagmar