Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 03-18-2008, 12:00 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

I'm having a tough day. DH had a friend stop in last night and spend the night and we were up til way past midnight talking so I didn't get much more than 4 hours of sleep. I think I would have liked it better had we been celebrating my birthday instead...oh, well, we'll celebrate that on Wednesday. Until then, I need to get through the day.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 12:38 PM   #17  
TBL Red Team Member

S/C/G: 132/129/120

Height: 5'4.5"

Barb, I'm starting to wonder the same thing. On my travel project, I eat at restaurants for every meal 4 days/week, and usually have work obligations for 14 hours/day. If I switched to just trying to maintain, my life would be a lot easier I think. But then again, I seem to be gaining now, even when I'm trying to lose... I just feel like the decrease in pressure would help.
Scenestealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 01:48 PM   #18  
Token Rooster? ;)

S/C/G: 185/138/~135 to maintain

Height: 5' 6"

Hello featherweights! Things have been going well so far -- on-track with exercise though not as vigilant with my calorie counting, but I've been eating healthfully (and probably within 100 calories of my limit by the end of the day).

On Sunday I made a delicious thai green curry with tofu that went wonderfully with whole wheat spaghetti. Still have half of it in the fridge, will probably try it on brown rice tonight or tomorrow night.

Most exciting news this week is that I'm a finalist at my workplace's "healthy recipes" contest (in light of national nutrition month) - I entered a whole wheat caprese-style sandwich made with ripe tomatoes, baby spinach, mozzarella, a little garlic infused olive oil and onions caramelized with balsamic vinegar & honey. Crossing fingers and everything else that I'll win (first prize is a mountain bike that retails for $500).

Anyhow, hope alls well with y'all and keep up the good work!
AquaWarlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 02:27 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 170/143/125

Height: 5'4"

aquawarlock, your recipes both sound delicious! good luck with winning the workplace contest. (and if you want to share that recipe or the curry one here, i'd be excited to try them )

i'm trying to pull myself back together after a couple of days of not eating well and not going to the gym. second shift just kills me sometimes. luckily i don't work tonight, but i've got lots of other things to do - namely catching up on laundry and cleaning up the apartment a bit.
iriswhispers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 03:10 PM   #20  
focus creates results

S/C/G: 167/125/110

Height: 5'0"

AquaWarlock
I adore Thai anything. It's probably one of the things I miss most about NYC. But interms of weight loss...I suppose that is a good thing too!

justdeb, iriswhispers, BluetoBlue

Summer is great for light eating. I do like the idea of a cold cucumber soup with a yogurt base...just thinking of it makes me long for summer. Oh yeah and fresh tomatoes with a sprinkle of sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper...Oh the glory!

BluetoBlue
I like the idea of the sandwiches...maybe some roasted eggplant and red peppers....just slapped on a whole wheat wrap...oooh the goodness that is eggplant! I tend to like my salad no frills, just a shredded head of Romaine with my dressing of the week.

THanks for all the super suggestions!!

Well, me...I've started a new dumbbell routine this week. THe weights and bench were a gift from my husband for my birthday and they are awesome. I've downloaded some sample workouts and it's amazing that you can work the entire body with just simple dumbbells and a bench.

I did arms and legs today and woo...after my legs and arms were quivery...(is that a word at all?). Feeling really good about getting back to the strength training....I've been feeling very flabby...like a thin fat...if that makes any sense.

I'll likely follow up with a half hour cardio workout on the treadmill in the evening. I feel so fulfilled when I'm on plan with the exercise.
Lekhika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 06:41 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Lekhika Could you provide the links for some of those sample workouts with the weights and bench? I'm rethinking the Bowflex.

Thanks!

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 07:30 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 158/142/at or below 135 lbs.

Height: 5'5"

Oh, Allison... HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I hope you have a wonderful celebration once your "guest" is on his way :-)
walking2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 09:22 PM   #23  
focus creates results

Dagmar

It's my pleasure...this is the first site that I came across..

Another great site...just to read if nothing else..

I switched it up a bit and am starting to do part by part. On monday I did chest, shoulder and ab work. TOday I did arms and legs. Tomorrow I'll do back and abs and chest. The day after that arms and shoulders, and Friday legs and abs...Weekend off.

I find that I get way more exhausted during cardio...so I'm toned down the intensity and length of my cardio workouts from 1.15hrs to 45m (10 minute cool down to loosedn up those muscles)

I do have one more link but it's not on my laptop..I'll hunt it down and kill it for you in the morning.
Old 03-19-2008, 05:39 AM   #24  

Talking Happy Birthday Allison!

Dagmar
Old 03-19-2008, 05:48 AM   #25  

Unhappy Where's my motivation?

I think I left it in a snowbank somewhere .

I'm trying to get excited about the workout room and personal trainer. Right now it's just another big project that I don't really have the energy for yet .

I'm sure I'll feel better once I get the garage sorted out but I was looking forward to having some time to just sit and read this holiday weekend. Ne pas Bob (northern Ontario speak again). DH wants it done NOW!!!

I ate a whole tray of cowboy cookies last night - didn't want them but I can't seem to break out of this funk.

It's odd - I know the food won't help but I can't seem to get the energy to resist it and do something else. I'm going to be back in the 140's if I can't get this under control. And that will depress me even further.

Time to go shower. I'd like to just crawl back into bed and spend the day there.

Dagmar (bleeecccch!)
Old 03-19-2008, 06:51 AM   #26  

Allison, Happy Birthday! Have a wonderful day celebrating YOU!!!!
Old 03-19-2008, 08:48 AM   #27  
focus creates results

Happy birthday Allison!
Old 03-19-2008, 10:45 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Oh Allison! Happy birthday!
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 11:15 AM   #29  

Susan, you doing ok?
Old 03-19-2008, 11:18 AM   #30  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Thanks for all the birthday wishes. I did have a good day, but I didn't make my birthday goal (not even close actually). I am recommitting on Thursday, so this afternoon I'll be working on my plan.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote