Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 12-28-2007, 11:06 PM   #1  

Height: 5'6"

Unhappy feeling depressed, found this forum.. have been gaining

It's taken a lot of time and effort for me to lose weight.. I used to weigh almost 200, but got down to about 131. However, in the past few months I've managed to gain 10 pounds and am feeling greatly depressed about it. I don't know if it's the stress of my graduate school program or a new birth control pill I'm on (was on Yasmin, now I'm on Junel 1.5/30 (generic of Loestrin) or a combination. Anyway, I just feel like I want to eat all the time, and it's definitely caught up with me. I used to work out at least twice a week (with a few months here and there with no working out, but I never gained this much weight), but I've just started back after about a four-month hiatus.

Anyway, encouragement? I feel embarrassed to wear any of my nicer clothes or even to see anyone. I know I look a lot worse in my mind than I probably do in person, but I keep looking down at my stomach and feeling really crappy. My weight has always been something bothersome.

Thanks everyone, it's nice to find a forum like this.
BLLgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 07:37 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 152/143/125

Height: 5'3"

Default Well you're at the right place now...

I know EXACTLY how you feel. I've gained about 20 pounds in the past year or so. I HATE to go anywhere. I wear big baggy clothes and leave my nice clothes hanging in the closet. I hold my arms at my waist at ALL times...I hate it and NOW is the time to get rid of it! This site WILL motivate you - these women on here are incredible!
Crabbykate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 12:07 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

BLLgirl

You lost 70 lbs. That's amazing! You've got what it takes to lose the new 10 gained. I think we'll all be taking "holiday" weight off in January .

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 01:12 PM   #4  
Ilene the Bean

Dagmar said it well, we WILL all be taking off Holiday poundage in January... Join us now in the weekly Featherweights chat...

Oh, and to 3FC
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 04:00 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 152/140/130

Height: 5'5"

Hey, 10 pounds isn't that bad - you did good to come here and resolve to do something about it before it becomes 20 or 30! Welcome!
Janie Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 05:32 PM   #6  

Thanks, ladies - you're right. I need to not let school get me so stressed out and always turning to food. It's weird how all of a sudden, it was like I put on weight. Also, has anyone had this problem with this particular type of birth control? I think I'm going to switch back to the old brand.

It's crazy how much food there is during the holidays. Something is happening every day involving food!
Old 12-30-2007, 02:14 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

Exclamation celebrating without food???

In many other cultures there are celebrations that are not centered on food. Dancing, singing and body adornment are the common activities . Although now that I think about it there usually is a feast in there somewhere.

Oh well, couldn't imagine my family dancing around the Christmas tree with their faces painted . Now I could very well see DH and I doing this (particularly after a bit of bourbon). We haven't got a firm plan for New Year's eve yet (darn northern Ontario folks can't make up their blankety blank minds about anything until the last minute) so maybe I'll suggest it

Dagmar (snow is coming tonite - yikes!)
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 02:47 PM   #8  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

Gosh do I know how you feel. It's hard to understand just how uncomfortable an extra 10 pounds is after losing a significant amount unless you've been there. It sucks! I'm sorry it has got you so down, but hey, you're here now and you can get things going in the right direction! And I agree with Janie, that right now is the perfect time to get things going and not when you are 20-30 pounds in the hole. And congrats on your weightloss!
junebug41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 03:01 PM   #9  

Thanks Jen! And yes, this site totally gets me motivated. I'm ready to get that poundage off! I'd love to be a solid 130 lbs, and that's my goal.
Old 02-18-2008, 02:46 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 207/ticker/135

Height: 5'8"

I've put on 8 lbs. I feel it big time. I'm embarrassed of it too. I feel that everyone is waiting to watch me put the weight back on. I want to lose 20lbs now. We can do it. This is definitely the first step on getting back on a routine.
justdoit37 is offline   Reply With Quote