Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 11-09-2007, 05:44 AM   #46  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

Default Banking your cals

Laura That might be the solution for you when eating at business functions. If you know you're going to a high-cal lunch then eat less the night or whole day before.

That also might backfire as you'll be soooo hungry that you'll overeat at the business function. I guess you just have to work out the "ultimate" solution yourself thru trial and error .

Welcome to the healthy lifestyle

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 06:14 AM   #47  
kaw

S/C/G: 159-ish/145/140-ish

Height: 5' 8.75"

On business meetings, here's a solution: become the boss! That way, if anyone gives you sh**, um, grief, you can fire their a**, em, erm, butts.

Shees, who put the vinegar in my coffee this morning?

Kim

Last edited by kaw; 11-09-2007 at 06:14 AM.
kaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 07:58 AM   #48  

Question Blog?

Hey Kim!

Sorry, not up on the terminology but just read a few of your entries on 14 x 40, (is that what is referred to as a blog?)

OUCH! But a lot of it rang true.

You seem to have a lot more motivation than most folks. I think serious weight lifting ( and compared to most of us that is what you're doing) takes a lot of concentration and focus and is extremely goals-oriented, yes?

Would that have had an effect on your ability to successfully diet? Practicing focus and control in one area leading to the same habits in another?

Dagmar
Old 11-09-2007, 08:03 AM   #49  
TBL Red Team Member

S/C/G: 132/129/120

Height: 5'4.5"

Ha, I really like that idea, Kim

I just went to a cardio sculpt class that totally kicked my butt! Wow. I wasn't planning on going, and found out about it last night while I was leaving the gym (after a pretty intense upper body workout). This class turned out to be much harder than any other group fitness class I've done, and it was awesome. I think I will be sore for a while but I feel great! So now between the workout and saving some calories last night, I have about 600 extra calories I can use today, which is definitely much needed.

Have a great Friday, everyone!
Scenestealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 09:40 AM   #50  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Morning folks!
I'm off to the chiropractor in an hour or so. I yawned and stretched yesterday and something popped in my neck. We were short staffed so I couldn't go home. In desperation, I took a muscle relaxant last night. ZOMBIE! I slept off and on for over 13 hrs. I do not recommend this.

Now that I'm up and about, it's not much better ... and I got called to work for 3 pm (still short) so ... hopefully Dr Tom can help me.

I don't like this whine whine whine ... And I KNOW that stuff like this doesn't happen if I exercise regularly.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 11:25 AM   #51  
TBL Red Team Member

Hope you feel better, Susan!

My room at the office today has a big platter of pastries that just smell all... pastry-y and delicious. You know, that doughy, frosting-y, fruity smell? I am having a hard time but so far haven't succumbed, and have been sucking down water to keep my mouth busy. I'm going out to a business lunch and then later a business dinner, and then for drinks after that though, so I am already getting tons of extra calories and cannot let myself have one of these. Sigh.
Old 11-09-2007, 11:48 AM   #52  

My chiropractor is one of the sweetest men you'd ever meet. So incredibly nice! But I know I've been told!
I missed an appt a year ago (a year? seriously that long?) After we'd been discussing how important it was for me to be careful of my shoulders especially if lifting weights.
So it's me and an icepack all weekend and another appt first thing Monday morning.
Old 11-09-2007, 12:02 PM   #53  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Good morning everyone! And happy Friday!!!

My big plans for the weekend are to get my hair chopped and then plan my menus for the next few weeks. I'm going to eliminate bread and pasta for a few weeks to get back on track. I kind of go overboard when eating either of those things so I've got to steer away from my famous panini sandwiches and pastas.

I think I should ask DH for a gym membership for Christmas--perhaps if HE goes to buy it, he'll get one for himself.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 05:38 PM   #54  

Quote:
Originally Posted by alinnell View Post

I think I should ask DH for a gym membership for Christmas--perhaps if HE goes to buy it, he'll get one for himself.
It's never the getting of the membership that's a problem with my DH - he's joined 4 gyms so far. Goes for 2-3 weeks and that's it - over. Music too loud, machines not right, no trainers handy , etc. etc. SIGH.

Dagmar
Old 11-10-2007, 12:22 AM   #55  

Did you all read this post of Meg's?
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=126818

I loved it!
There's a line about if you can shoot it or grow it ... Fabulous! Kinda reminds me of 'lean proteins and things that grow'. Not muffins and chicken pot pie huh?
Old 11-10-2007, 07:21 AM   #56  

Thumbs up Shoot it or grow it

That is a great line! I'm already looking at the stuff in my fridge with "new" eyes.

I looked at those pics of the women bodybuilders with the six packs and that's definitely a look I don't want for myself. I have strong belly and back muscles but I like to have a bit of "softness" covering them. I've even grown fond of my little "menopot".

I can wear quite low rise jeans without any "muffin top". The trick is to have a tiny bit of stretch in 'em so they hug you instead of squeezing you. Two of the three brands I found at zazu (?) fit beautifully.

I tried weight lifting at the gym a couple of times but was too intimidated by the other people there . I also found it way too narcissistic to spend that amount of time "sculpting" my body.

I applaud everyone who does lift and who has a killer body that they put that kind of effort and dedication into. It's just not for me personally.

Dagmar (still soft and cuddly)
Old 11-10-2007, 09:24 AM   #57  
TBL Red Team Member

I want a somewhat sculpted body (arms and legs defined), but those abs were a bit scary-looking to me. I'd like to have a trim waist but not that six-pack.

Unfortunately, yesterday even though I avoided those pastries, I drank too much and went nuts at night and so was over my calories for the day by 1,773! Even after saving 200 calories the day before, I basically ate two days of calories. Ew. Today I have my figure skating class, which I usually count as my exercise for the day, but today I'm definitely going to hit the gym as well and also try to eat lightly. That was unfortunately way more of a cheat day than I was anticipating!

Hope everyone else had a better Friday than me and is staying on plan!
Old 11-10-2007, 08:59 PM   #58  

Height: 5'6

Bad news: went off plan today...loaded baked potato...steak...you get the gist.

Good news: take a peek at my ticker...143! I haven't been that low in probably 3 years!

As for my holiday party plan: I plan on filling up on water and carrot sticks before...so I just have a couple of goodies and not the whole tray! As for Thanksgiving and Christmas Day only...anything goes (after all, it is a holiday)
michelinwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 06:46 AM   #59  

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelinwoman View Post

As for my holiday party plan: I plan on filling up on water and carrot sticks before...so I just have a couple of goodies and not the whole tray! As for Thanksgiving and Christmas Day only...anything goes (after all, it is a holiday)
Sometimes you just have to forget about the whole diet thing and just enjoy the holiday, the food, and the company of those you love.

You can always repair any damage within a few days. I'm taking the same tack with eating out for dinner. I am making smarter choices (had poached fruit last night instead of chocolate cake for dessert) but I'm leaving the calorie counter/plan and all the rest of the dieting paraphernalia at home.

I know I have to eat less calories today and already did yesterday to allow indulgence at dinner so I will be fine by Monday.

Dagmar
Old 11-11-2007, 07:02 AM   #60  

Talking This is funny but a little OT

So the DH and I went to an upscale restaurant last night. I dressed for the occasion because it so seldom happens. We generally eat at "no tablecloths" places .

My "hot mamma" dress has quite a plunging neckline and I also bought a new bra that enhances what cleavage I've got . Now you have to understand that I never had cleavage until menopause - sometimes life gives you gifts at the most unexpected times, yes? And I don't exactly have bountiful breasts.

So there we are, in this fancy resto with mirrors all around, and I keep looking down at my own neckline and checking myself out in the mirrors. I think I can sum up what kept going through my mind as follows:

"Wow, this is really cool. I have cleavage, out in public. This is really kinda cool".

Then I look across at the DH and he is just struggling to keep from bursting out laughing. So I stick out my chest and throw him a little pout (I never do stuff like that) and he just goes off into hysterical laughter. He had to get up and go to the rest room to compose himself.

Well, I "cleaved" him 3 times during the meal . I think our waiter was a bit concerned that we were high or something becasue we were laughing so hard.

You can dress me up but . . .

Dagmar