Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 10-14-2007, 01:14 AM   #46  
Doing this for me!

S/C/G: 147/139.0/130

Height: 5'4"

Hi Everyone!

Just got back from a friend's wedding...it was beautiful!!!!

Cats Tongue - I switched over about 1.5 months ago I read a book called "The Ethics of What We Eat" by Peter Singer (I highly recommend it, if you haven't read it!), and it discusses the ethical and environmental implications of factory farming. After reading it, I decided that I couldn't feel good about eating meat anymore. How long have you been a vegetarian for? Good luck with all of your midterms...Do you go to U Vic?

Good Night Everyone! Tomorrow the calorie counting begins...
stiebena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 05:59 AM   #47  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

It's very very quiet here at 6 in the morning. Whenever you get up ... remember us shift workers would ya?

Just kidding! Have a lovely relaxing Sunday everyone!
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 01:05 PM   #48  
Sleek and Fit. Finally.

S/C/G: 159/139.4/135

Height: 5'5"

Hey all.

Happy News I'm down 1.2lbs since I last weighed in...

And that means the 140s!!!! WOOT! WOOT!!!!!!!

Nic - I've been a vegetarian since... grade 10. It'll be 5 years in January I think. Wow. Can't believe it lasted this long. It all started for me because a friend of mine was a serious vegetarian (she went vegan, the nutter ) and I thought, maybe I'll give this a try. My mom and dad got me a book for christmas after I mentioned it like once... And then I decided, well I'll try for a week and five years later...
And I am a UVIC student. I love it here. It's beautiful. Where do you go to school? What are you studying?

rswlchick - 9miles. o.0 wow. Good for you! Are you training for something? I have to do a long run today, but it's only going to be like 10k, which isn't even 5miles. hee hee. I'd like to get back up to 1/2marathon distances though.

Susan - Here's a moment for all you shift workers. Honestly, changing your patterns around all the time is amazing. And it's quiet here too, but in a nice lazy (late) Sunday morning kind of way..... ahhhh.

Well I must be off to get stuff done before I go for my run and get loads of work all finished up. Have a lovely sunday Featherweights.
Cats tongue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 09:21 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 158/142/at or below 135 lbs.

Height: 5'5"

DAGMAR -- This is for you -- that is, IF you are still in the city, and IF you are online: From my friend: The Indian restaurant is on 1st ave just south of 6th st. A taxi driver can take you. it has a 2 word name where the second word is long and the first word is something like Milon. The restaurant is on the west side of the street - it is upstairs and it’s the one with all the lights. Be careful because there are 2 indian restaurants side by side all loaded with mostly red lights, when looking at the restaurants, go to the one on the left (or south) -- the waiters are often standing on the stairs outside trying to beckon customers in. Go to the one on the left - it is fabulous and you won't regret it! And you won't forget it!

Ok - how are those for sketchy directions to a restaurant?!

My day was ok, but I'm very sad the weekend is OVER. Where did it go?

Here's hoping everyone has a great week!
walking2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 09:55 PM   #50  
Doing this for me!

S/C/G: 147/139.0/130

Height: 5'4"

I feel your pain Claire! I am also sad that my weekend is over!!!! *Sigh*

My first real day of calorie counting went well...I came in at just a hair over 1200 calories, and I went for a 6K run. I guess that's a step in the right direction!

Cat's Tongue - Wow, that's a long time!! It seems like your parents were very supportive of you! My parents are pretty good about it too, aside from not knowing what to cook for me (but I don't live at home, so usually its not a problem). I go to McMaster University in Hamilton...I'm in my fifth year of genetics co-op I've never been to BC, but my cousin lives in Vancouver, and I've always wanted to go out for a visit...it sounds gorgeous! What are you studying?
stiebena is offline   Reply With Quote