Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 08-20-2007, 07:38 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

Talking Planning and Chat for Aug 20-26

Good Morning all! Hope you all have a great week!

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 07:42 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Red face Never again

I was waiting for someone else to start this. Had to edit my first try and now we have two threads again. Darn! I will not try to start this particular thread ever again - I'm jinxed!

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 08:04 AM   #3  
Doing this for me!

S/C/G: 147/139.0/130

heehee cute.

Well, I was bad last night...its okay though, it was planned. I went out for dinner with some girlfriends for a girls night. I did well with the actual dinner entree, of grilled salmon, a bit of rice, and seasonal veggies. BUT, I had dessert and a mochaccino (yummy!!!)...and the waiter treated us to glasses of champagne on the house. Its okay though...considering what I could have eaten, I didn't do to bad...back on track today, and I'm sure I can still lose this week
stiebena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 08:44 AM   #4  
Living Light

S/C/G: 171/171/160

I am off to a great start as I went to bed at a decent time last night which meant I was able to rise at 6 AM no problem. I w/i on Monday morning and I am holding at 154. Two weeks now at that weight, but I am glad because it is a new low for me in years and I have not been eating OP, so I am just glad I haven't gained.

I expect to stay OP today with the great start I've gotten.
Clykk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 09:22 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Ah the new thread looks just fine!

Morning everyone! I'm still within my target weight zone, inspite of summer parties. But I am faaar behind on my August walking goal. I should be able to take care of that while I'm on vacation. I see that my car has a pretty flat tire so ... no shopping today
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 09:43 AM   #6  
Whittlin

S/C/G: 170/144/140

Height: 5'6"

Good morning, Dagmar, I was thinking you should write a letter to the editor about dog walkers' positive benefits to the community.

Hi steibena, hope your prediction is right and you lose some this week. Sounds like you should.

Next Monday will be the charm, Carolyn. Having a good Monday is always a good sign.

You and me both with the tire problems, Susan, and this is back-to-school shopping time.

Interruption of plans is a big problem to overcome, isn't it? Last week I was interrupted for many hours at a time (to the point of almost a day once) by the needs of extended family, mostly medical. I couldn't be home much, got hungry while out, was under a lot of stress. No doubt the weight has crept up but I'm not weighing until things calm down.

I'm really counting on some nice, ordinary days this week in which to get back to normal planning with my own refrigerator, my own kitchen, my own schedule, working out, and calm days.
Whittlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 11:24 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Good morning!

I'm thinking of going back home already this morning. Feeling a little dizzy, headachy and pukey. Ick. I don't want to be sick.

Buddy update~he's doing better each day. The nystagmus seems to be gone (that's where his eyes keep darting around because he can't focus on anything due to the dizziness). His head tilt is not as pronounced. He still has a hard time getting on his feet and he walks like a drunk sailor. He is still refusing most foods (including plain chicken and steak). Thank goodness for satin balls (a concoction made from raw ground beef, egg, Total cereal, uncooked oats, wheat germ, oil and molasses). I'm not an advocate of raw feeding, but he's had small amounts of this and is keeping it down, so I won't complain. I just have to keep an eye on his water consumption--that is what seems to make him throw up.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 11:32 AM   #8  
not giving up

S/C/G: 190/?/125

Height: 5'7"

Good morning!

I'm recovering from my weekend trip to Keuka Lake. I had lots of wine and restaurant food. My friends and I had fun visiting wineries, going to a craft fair, and hanging out by the lake.

Today I'm back OP and I'm definitely going to the gym after work!
GreenT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 11:42 AM   #9  
not giving up

S/C/G: 190/?/125

Height: 5'7"

Allison, I hope you feel better. Maybe if you go home and lie down that will help.

It's good to hear that Buddy is doing better!
GreenT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 12:37 PM   #10  
Ilene the Bean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudpie View Post
I was waiting for someone else to start this. Had to edit my first try and now we have two threads again. Darn! I will not try to start this particular thread ever again - I'm jinxed!

Dagmar
I fixed it no problem, start the thread any time
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 12:39 PM   #11  
Ilene the Bean

Awww, to Allison and Buddy .... Get well soon ...

Back to work today... Sucks to work for a living... Thank goodness it's only part-time...

To the gym after work.... It's a gorgeous cool day I should go running...
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 12:59 PM   #12  
Constant Vigilance

S/C/G: 150/132/<130

Height: just under 5'4"

This morning my weight was 1.5 lbs above goal! I can't believe how close I am (my evening weight is already at goal). When I weighed myself after exercising yesterday, I was only .5 above goal. Maybe by the end of August I really will be at goal.

More eggplant is on the menu for this week and I also have one off-plan meal. It's at a business conference, so I'm sure there will be lots of unhealthy food that I have to avoid in between meals in addition to trying to make healthy choices for lunch. Why does every business conference have to be a food orgy? I'm considering bringing my own snacks because I know they won't have anything healthy to eat for snacks.

I skipped my run on Sunday and went to the gym instead (well, I did run to the gym, but it is only about a mile away). The prior week's run was miserable; I cramped badly amost the whole time (it's hard to run while holding your side but I'm getting good at it). Because I was cramping, my pace had to be slower, so my time was eight min behind my best time and my body just isn't used to the slower pace so my back and legs were killing me by the time I was done (and then sore all day). So I'm giving up on the running for a while.

alinnell--I'm glad to hear that Buddy is doing a little better and I hope he continues to recover. I hope you aren't coming down with the stomach flu; that .

SusanB--Bummer on the flat tire; I guess your car is just trying to help you get you closer to your walking goal .

Dagmar--you did great with the thread. I'm sure the extra thread is just some cyberspace hiccup. Don't be discouraged; we've all found the right one.

stiebena--It sounds like you did great on your dinner out.

Clykk--Isn't it reassuring to know that you can add some calories to your diet and not gain weight? Sometimes I worry that I'll gain as soon as I add few calories, so a few off-plan days where I don't gain always come as a relief.

Whittlin--I know what you mean. It's really hard to stay on plan when I can't control when, where, and what I eat. Hopefully this week will be quieter for you.

GreenT--Sounds like your trip was a lot of fun.

Ilene--I agree, this work thing really gets in the way of my life.
BlueToBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 01:12 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Okay, feeling better now. That was weird--an hour of dizziness and sour stomach and headache. Anyway, a couple Advil and I'm good to go! I'm glad I'm not sick--tomorrow is my run day!

Barbara~sorry to hear you're having such running problems! Hopefully your soreness will not last long.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 02:10 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

I've been scratching my head all morning about supper. It's really quite cool today ... homemade, oven on type cool. Finally I decided ... walked to the grocer ... So I have a nice roast in the oven with onions and carrots and potatoes. Very soon it'll smell heavenly!

I did some nice upper body while watching What Not To Wear this afternoon. Man, I love that show!
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 04:46 PM   #15  

I am here! I actually did not cheat on my weight watchers last week and I lost 4 lbs! I looked at my old diet log and I have not gained any weight in a year (but I feel much larger!). I only ate out once and did well. I also attended two parties on Saturday and passed on cake and ice cream twice! I couldn't believe it.

How do you have time to work out? This really stresses me out. I used to work out daily. Now I have a 19-month old and an hour drive each way to work. By the time we get home, it is time for her dinner! I sometimes get on the treadmill beside her highchair while she is eating. I don't want to go to a gym with a daycare because she is in daycare all day! My husband works late-he usually is not home until she is in bed. I might try to find the energy tonight to get on the treadmill after she goes to bed!
ashleybeth01 is offline   Reply With Quote