Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 08-02-2007, 01:52 PM   #1  

Talking The Best Workout Tape EVER!! in the WORLD

So I'm new to this forum-- I've been on weight watchers for a while and I've written a bit in that forum over there, but I never knew there was a featherweights subforum! I'm 20 years old, 5'8, right now i'm at 169 and I want to get within a healthy BMI range, which i'm pretty close to. Ideally, I'd like to be between 155 and 160 sometime soon. But anyway,

I FOUND THE BEST WORKOUT TAPE... EVER.

I decided I'd start doing workout tapes because I'm at college and in the winter, walking 15 minutes to the gym there and back is BRUTALLY cold. Even running there and back sucks-- not to mention it adds a half an hour onto my workout time. Now I can just jiggle myself all over the place in the comfort of my own apartment right in front of my tv.

On ebay I bought a workout lot of about 18 tapes, and I find that I like most of them. But ONE of them is a diamond in the rough...

http://www.amazon.com/Shape-Your-Wor.../dp/6303471714

It's called Cindy Crawford's Shape Your Body- I have a completely new respect for her This intense trainer guy named Radu is also in it. It was made in 1993 (you can tell it's early 90's by the music and the way she's dressed haha-- but I'm still completely obsessed with this tape ). It has 3 workouts-- two of which are about 40 minutes long, and the last of which is an "in a hurry" workout only 10 minutes long for when you're running out the door. It incorporates some modified ballet moves that give you buns of steel, ab work, work with weights-- goes over every part of the body! I only use 3 lb weights because I'm lazy. It's one of the only tapes I've done that, first of all I want to stick to and find motivating, and second of all, actually tones your body! The tape got some criticism for her doing the moves too fast, but hey, I see results, and I didn't hurt myself when I did it.

Cindy --><--Me

Totally recommend.

Anyone else have any good workout tape recommendations? Doing the same one over and over again gets boring.
Christine1128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 05:15 PM   #2  
How Bad do you want it?

S/C/G: 140/135.5/120

Height: 5'1"

Cindy,

Welcome! I often depend on my favorite work out tapes to help me fit exercise into a tight schedule. I just have no time to get to a gym, change clothes, work out, shower, change clothes, drive home! Also--Michigan winters can be confining. Popping a tape into the player works!

My faves: Slim in Six Ramp It Up, and most Billy Blanks Tae Bo.

Rock On! cuppa
cuppajoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 05:49 PM   #3  
Ironman in Training

S/C/G: 302/205/150

Height: 5'5

I'm not a light-weight, but I also love that DVD your talking about.

I also find the Turbojam ones really fun especially the cardio party ones only DVD that I was ever excited to do over and over. I takes a few time through to get all the steps, but it was worth it when I did!
Idealmuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 10:06 AM   #4  

Height: 5'6

My fav is Denise Austin's Hit the Spot series "Fat Burning Blast". I hate the first workout on this tape...but the second one incorporates weights and easy, fun moves (I'm too uncoordinated to do difficult dance moves ). I wish I had it on DVD, but I think it is only available on VHS!
michelinwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 05:02 PM   #5  

Christine

Join us on the weekly Featherweights thread
3fcuser1058250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 05:04 PM   #6  

Idealmuse -- Even if you're not a featherweight you can join in our weekly thread you know, eventually you'll be a featherweight
3fcuser1058250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 06:20 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 153.5/107.5/105

Height: 5'0"

I joined Push.tv and just got my first DVD about two weeks ago. Overall I'm really liking it. The music isn't great, but oh well and some of the moves could be timed better, for example, if it were me, I'd do all the stability ball exercises at once, then all the floor stuff and then all the standing stuff, but in this she has grab the ball, do one thing, get on the floor do another, get back up and get the ball...etc. I find it slightly annoying but I guess it's all more movement right. The only other small complaint is you have to move fast between moves to get into the next position b/c she moves into the next one quickly. Otherwise, I find it challenging, but not so much that I can't do it or don't want to do it, I find I'm slightly sore (in a good way) the day after doing it and I'm noticing improvement already. Best of all, in another week, I start a new workout that's slightly harder and in two more weeks, I get a new DVD with 2 more workouts to build on it even more.
goinforthegold is offline   Reply With Quote