Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 06-29-2007, 09:35 AM   #1  
Doing this for me!

S/C/G: 147/139.0/130

Height: 5'4"

Default NSV's?

Has anybody had any NSVs lately?

For me, I was standing in front of the mirror this morning in my bra and underpants, and I think that my belly area is looking better than before I started this whole thing! It may just be that it was in the morning before breakfast, but I felt pretty darn good. Now I've only lost four pounds, so I ascribe the difference to eating better and being less full and bloaty I think
stiebena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 09:44 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Yes, actually ... those two pairs of jeans from the back of the closet? They fit! Mind you they're so dated looking that I won't wear them out but they fit.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 10:15 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 157/133.4/130

Height: 5'5"

This was a cool one - on Monday, I went to a step class that is not the one that I ordinarily attend - and afterwards, the instructor asked me which branch of the club I taught at! Apparently I move like an aerobics instructor - I thought that was awesome.
Su-Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 12:37 PM   #4  
Mens sana in corpore sano

S/C/G: 165/121/120ish

Height: 5'2 (157 cm)

I don't know if it classifies as a NSV exactly, but earlier on today, I was trying on clothes in a store... And in spite of seeing myself half-naked in those awful mirrors that make anyone look fat and gross anyway, with my cellulite and my thick legs, the first thing that came to mind was "Hey, I'm not bad at all".

Maybe I'm deluded... Or maybe I've simply learnt to accept my body the way it is, and that it doesn't matter that much if it will never be 'perfect'.
Kery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 01:10 PM   #5  
Token Rooster? ;)

S/C/G: 185/138/~135 to maintain

Height: 5' 6"

My yoga instructor complementing me on my flexibility -- apparently I can stretch, bend and maintain positions better than most of my female classmates (though this is a beginner's class.)
AquaWarlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 02:50 PM   #6  
Constant Vigilance

S/C/G: 150/132/<130

Height: just under 5'4"

Wow! Those are all awesome NSVs.

For me it was having my SO spontaneously (with no prompting whatsoever from me) say "wow, you're really developing some definition in your abs!" This from a man who never complements me without prompting and rarely notices stuff like that. A while back he also told me he wished he looked as good in his clothes as I look in mine (he is thin as a rail and usually pretty smug about it). I had prompted for it (I was asking if an outfit made me look fat), but it was still such a nice thing to hear.

In fact, being able to ask if an outfit makes me look fat is an NSV. When I was at my heaviest, I never had to ask this question because I already knew the answer.
BlueToBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 06:11 PM   #7  
Doing this for me!

S/C/G: 147/139.0/130

Height: 5'4"

Congrats everybody! Those are all fantastic!
stiebena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 07:50 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

I guess this was an NSV although it is a bit aggravating.

I got out the razor today ... and meant business ... summer/bathing suit business ... if you get my drift. Darned near stood on my head and cut myself twice. Then I tried on my itsy bitsy yellow bikini .... It's too big!
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 08:23 PM   #9  

I went to the store yesterday and put on a dress that I thought was a size 14. I was disappointed that it was just slightly tight. But I thought well I am really a 16 and shouldn't be trying to fit into a 14. Still I thought I would fit into a 14 better than that. When I got it off and was putting it back on the hanger I noticed that it was really a 12 on the inside. It had been mis-labled. I was just a hair away from fitting into a 12!
AnnRue is offline   Reply With Quote