Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 06-17-2007, 10:08 AM   #1  

Default Sputtering / Intro

Hi all I am new to 3F chicks. I would have put this in the into section but it looks like no one checks that.

Last year I lost 40 lbs. I won't get into how I did it. But I just tried to be reasonable and listen to my body. In March I had a lot of personal problems (cold / parent in nursing home ) and I backed off for a while. But ever since I just can't get back on. I haven't gained but I haven't lost. I want to lose 20 more lbs but it is so slow.

I am trying to rev back up again and find what I need to do. It is hard. I feel so lost because the *margins* are tighter now. I can't cheat a little and I can't skip exercise or I won't lose. And everyone says "try this or try that" and very little helps.

I wish there was a diet book for someone like me who is like on the second diet -- or part two.
Ann
AnnRue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 10:27 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Welcome and good luck. Do you have a diet and exercise plan? By the way there is a lot of activity on the introduction forum, you can get a lot of really good information there.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 10:46 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

Thumbs up Weekly chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnRue View Post
I wish there was a diet book for someone like me who is like on the second diet -- or part two.
Ann
I'm also on Diet Part 2. Haven't found a book for it though. I lost 10 lbs last year by just eating less in the evenings. Now I'm trying to get an additional 15 lbs. off mainly because I'm turned 50 this year and don't want the middle age spread to spread any further.

There are all sorts of new issues brought up in the weekly chat threads. It's also very supportive if you falter. And the women (and our one guy) are really nice!

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 11:17 AM   #4  

Default Plan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bargoo View Post
Welcome and good luck. Do you have a diet and exercise plan? By the way there is a lot of activity on the introduction forum, you can get a lot of really good information there.
Yes I am eating about 1350 calories each day. I am not sure about my exercise. I have a very active job. A large building and I do a lot of walking. I guess about 100 cals per day just walking around. Then I exercise about 90 cals each day on machines or walking.

I believe I have a slow metabolism. Likely due to dieting most of my life. In the last few months I have tried drinking more water; eating more (just gained); eating less (felt sick) and upping exercise (felt sick) I have had a doctor check and I am physically fine. Half the problem is not really knowing what to do. I was kind of serious about that "diet part two" book as there is not a ton of direction for those who get half way there.

My plan is just to cut a lot of the extras that might have been sabotaging me -- for instance I was eating a muffin every morning thinking it had about 300 cals and 5 grams of sugar but found it had 500 cals and 20 g's of sugar -- and just to stick to it for a while without wavering -- after all eventually the weight will come off. Right?
AnnRue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 12:14 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

I wish there were a book, too. 30 pounds lost last year and I've been working on the last 10 pounds for the past 6 months to no avail. I'm officially "starting over" tomorrow. What has worked for me in the past is cutting out all bread and cutting down at lunch, so that's what I'm going for again.

Good luck to us all!
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 12:56 PM   #6  
BabyFatBeGone

S/C/G: 163/145/130

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

I am in the same boat. Over the last few months I lost 16 pounds. I would ideally like to lose another 17 lbs but the scale is just not budging. Will look for ideas on this thread
BabyFatGone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 03:12 PM   #7  
Ilene the Bean

Newbies ...

As Featherweights we are all in the same boat, and there are no books for the "Second Time Around" unfortunately *sigh*... BUT we are all here for each other, so join in on the weekly thread ...
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote