Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 06-13-2007, 02:54 PM   #1  
I'll think of something

Height: 5'1"

Unhappy Feeling Down

Well, after putting it off for months I finally broke down and registered for this site . After checking the various forums I posted my story on featherweights since I don't have much to lose and I thought it would be the best place to get support and encouragement.

Yeah, right.

I have not received a single reply to my post, no encouragement, no welcome, no support, no nothing.

The feelings of depression and rejection I am experiencing are increased by the fact that someone who posted her story after me has already received several replies to her post. Then again, I'm brand new and she was returning after an absence.

Still it hurts.
marlu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 03:02 PM   #2  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Hmm - I can't find a thread in the introduction forum, and the only thread I see for you is one asking how you lose tummy fat, which has been replied to by 7 people.

Maybe because you posted in the general "my story" thread, and not in your own thread, you didn't get as many replies? I'd recommend re-posting your story in its OWN thread, where it is more likely to be seen and replied to. I regularly peruse the "Introductions" forum for newbies, and people there generally get responses. When a story is buried as deeply as yours is, deep in an 80+ post thread in the featherweights forum, it isn't likely to be seen or replied to.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 03:07 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

I'm sorry your post was overlooked. Sometimes we have specific threads that we look at often and miss older threads or new threads. I hope you stick around! Try joining in on the weekly chat thread:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=114770
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 03:51 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 155/150/125-130

Height: 5' 5"

Marlu, I read your intro ... I was wondering what you are planning on doing to lose weight this time? Obviously the starvation diet and laxatives aren't a good long-term solution!
Kilketay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 04:00 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 196/160/125

Height: 5'5"

Marlu...I'm sorry that you didn't get any responses to your intro story. I haven't been up to the intro section to read it, but i will head that way in just a minute. I have to say...I never go to the intro areas. I figure i will just get to know other people by seeing them posting in threads that i am either interested in replying to or just interested in reading. I don't think i ever introduced myself in one of those threads either....i just jumped in and started posting.

Well...i definately want to welcome you to the board and i'm sure you'll get more welcomes too. There really are alot of people here who are very supportive. Please just jump into a thread post away or ask whatever questions you need to and we'll do our best to help you out.

Okay..I'm going up to see if i can find your story too. be back soon!!!
lumifan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 05:44 PM   #6  
I'll think of something

"Marlu, I read your intro ... I was wondering what you are planning on doing to lose weight this time? Obviously the starvation diet and laxatives aren't a good long-term solution!"

I tried to make it clear that I did those things years ago. I starved myself in high school and I took laxatives and starved myself in my early twenties. I'm well into my forties now.

As for a current plan, I'm still trying to figure that one out.

Thanks for the replies, I really needed to hear them.

Last edited by marlu; 06-13-2007 at 05:46 PM. Reason: Forgot to use quotation marks
marlu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 08:23 AM   #7  

Height: 5'6

Marlu: This is the best place if you don't have much to lose...we're all in the same boat! Sorry no one responded to your post. I didn't see it. Post on the current weekly forums that SusanB creates and everyone will see and respond! Hang in there!
michelinwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 10:12 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 157/133.4/130

It's interesting to hear people say they rarely/never go into the Intro area. . .why do we have an Intro area if not to welcome new people?

Me, I just rarely make it to the site at all. . .
Su-Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 11:07 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 196/160/125

Quote:
Originally Posted by Su-Bee View Post
It's interesting to hear people say they rarely/never go into the Intro area. . .why do we have an Intro area if not to welcome new people? .
I know...you're right su-bee....i should really go into that section more often. when i started coming here, i just started posting. i never really introduced myself. people have just gotten to know me by my responses to the post.

But Marlu, i do hope you are feeling better. I don't know what kind of plan you want to try or think you can stick with but i love calorie counting. it is very easy to me because i can eat anything that i want, i just have to get the calories for one serving and make sure i don't eat over a certain number of calories. or one day if i am just not that hungry, i can carry over my extra calories to another day and maybe have a little more if i am hungrier the next day. I just think this is a plan i could stick with for life.
lumifan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 11:14 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

I wonder what you were expecting. These forums are composed of people just like you. There is no welcoming committee, no official greeter. Someone may respond to and maybe no one will, I get lots of helpful information from these forums even tho it may not be directed to me by name.How many people have you welcomed?
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 11:49 AM   #11  
Token Rooster? ;)

S/C/G: 185/138/~135 to maintain

Height: 5' 6"

Sorry that some of your earlier post seems ignored, but as bargoo noted, there is not much of a "welcome wagon" on this particular sub-forum (the bulk of that is in our "Introduction" sub-forum), and I thought it was a bit inconsiderate of you to create this thread about us not supporting you when, indeed, we have (as noted by another commenter about replies to your other threads e.g. getting rid of the gut.) Sorry if I'm being too blunt & upfront about this.

Have a little patience with us and feel free to jump in, even if you may not get a response. While we all have a common goal of losing some weight (and maintaining that loss) we're all real people too with other things to do as well, sometimes we can't respond we forgot about the thread, don't have the time to type out as long a reply as we want to, or maybe just felt your thread is so good we have nothing to add

In any case, hopefully you aren't discouraged from visiting 3FC & wish you the best in your weight loss progress (and seeing more of you around in the future.)
AquaWarlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 03:12 PM   #12  
How Bad do you want it?

S/C/G: 140/135.5/120

Hi marlu,

I've been here a week or so--these folks are great. Just jump in and post your thoughts and plans. I only have my plan sorta sketched out and have already gotten some good pointers just by reading the posts. How much are you trying to lose?

Also, just to cheer you up--go check out the posts on the "What Popular Food Grosses You Out?" Thread--pretty funny stuff.

best wishes--cuppa
cuppajoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 02:17 PM   #13  

Height: 5'6

Cuppa: I just wanted to tell you that every time I see the little puppy in the McDonalds cup it makes me smile.....it is SO CUTE!
michelinwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 03:23 PM   #14  
Ilene the Bean

We're sorry that you've been overlooked Marlu, it certainly wasn't done on purpose .... Once you get the hang of navigating the site and posting in the right places you'll get noticed more...

to 3FC and welcome to Featherweights ...
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 01:50 AM   #15  
How Bad do you want it?

S/C/G: 140/135.5/120

Michelin--

And every time I see your bikini-michelin-girl I wonder where you'd EVER find a pic like that--groovy!!

cups
cuppajoe is offline   Reply With Quote