Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 05-30-2007, 11:16 AM   #31  
Sleek and Fit. Finally.

S/C/G: 159/139.4/135

Height: 5'5"

Hey all! Missed out on coming here yesterday so I thought I'd have billions of posts to read, but it didn't take me long at all.

Ennay- I don't really use quick post, so no problems here. Hope it starts working for you.

Aquawarlock - 3:30am is a horrible wake up time. Yuck. I have trouble getting up at quarter to seven. hahaha

Michelinwoman - I know that when it gets hot here (30 degrees or higher celcious) I have to get up early to exercise, it's impossible to even walk outside after like 9am.... Fortunately it's not quite there yet. And I'm like you too, a thicker waist: I've always carried all my extra weight there. My goal is to get under 30 inches.

Whitlin - Tomorrow's my measurement day! I'm excited to get them all (a little scared too). I just started TOM so my weight will probably be a little high... still it'll be good to have some motivation.

I'm about to be off to the gym for a core class, looking forward to it. Plus I'm biking there and back, which is all downhill there and all uphill back, so it'll be good long workout.

Good luck with all your goals today Featherweights.
Cats tongue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 11:20 AM   #32  
Whittlin

S/C/G: 170/144/140

Height: 5'6"

doughnut, you'll definitely get there!

michelinwoman, if you check out the real plan on their website, it is not starvation at all like it used to be back when they first started but pretty good calorie counts by individual's weights, lots of vegetables, fruits. I probably add the powder to a fruit smoothie once a day, on average, and don't begrudge it, since the rest of my diet is mostly God-made foods. Their plan was judged second-best mainstream weightloss plan by Consumer Reports, with Weight Watchers coming in first. Good job on the walking and yoga. We're also blessed with a lot of produce coming into season now in the SE, so maybe you can substitute with good 'ol 'mater sammiches and (olive-oil-) fried squash!

Subject of knee problems - The video workouts I do are physical therapy based (but kick your rear, believe me) and lots of folks with knee problems do them. And it's cooler in the house! They're by Teresa Tapp. There's a website for them and Dr. Perricone recommends them in his new book.

Oh, Oh! 'mater sammiches remind me - Recommendation
Sara Lee "100% Whole Wheat Soft and Smooth" sandwich bread, 70 calories per slice. This has just appeared in our area within the last few weeks (I know different areas have items distributed at different times - ?). My children like the texture as much as their favorite (very white-flour) ones and don't complain about sandwiches with "Mom's whole-grain stuff" any more. Little one does not even pull off the crust. This is perfect timing for my household for hot-weather-out-of-school sandwich-season.
Whittlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 12:45 PM   #33  
Constant Vigilance

S/C/G: 150/132/<130

Height: just under 5'4"

I'm meeting a couple of friends for pedicures and dinner tonight. My toes are looking pretty shabby and the weather is warming up (sandals time!) so I've been counting the days since we set it up last week.

Aquawarlock - 3:30 AM? Yuck! Getting up that early throws me off for the whole day. I can never figure out how much to eat when I'm awake for that many extra hours.

Michelinwoman - exercising when it's hot is no fun. If it's really hot here (which is actually not that hot compared to the rest of the country and only happens for about two weeks out of the summer), I sometimes get up early, wait until evening when it's cooled off a bit, or go swimming. You can't beat swimming for exercise in hot weather and it would be way easier on your knees. Or if you don't swim, you could run (or walk fast) in the pool. That is still great exercise and way easier on your knees. I have used a treadclimber (that is the combination stairs and treadmill, right?) at my gym. I use it for 15 minutes about once a week (I try to use incorporate several different machines into my cardio). It does kick my butt. I don't have knee problems so I can't say how it would be for your knees.

Mater Sammiches: Fried squash, even with olive oil, is never going to fit into my calorie plan, but I definitely love tomato sandwiches (even if I do pronouce them differently, being from the north and all). There's nothing like a tomato fresh-picked from the garden and warmed by the sun. I also love love love tomato pie , but it's a little hard to work into my calories.
BlueToBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 12:49 PM   #34  
One Busy Mom!

S/C/G: 149/166/130

Height: 5' 4"

Okay, well, the scale went back down 1.5 today, so I am hopign you all are right and it was just water weight. Of course I've been good today so far so I'm hoping it will keep going down!
Treighsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 01:03 PM   #35  
Doughnut

S/C/G: 161.4/158.6/130

Height: 5'5.5"

walking2lose - more than happy to keep an eye on you. Our stats are similar albeit that I'd prefer yours!

Whenever I feel like this, prepared to think about doing it but not really feeling like it, I think about something 2Fru once said. Where is she by the way? It went along the lines of sometimes you have to do it even when you're not feeling it. I'm definitely not feeling it, not at all, but I have been doing it. I'm hoping that'll make me feel like it before too long.

So, crappy day at work with two more scheduled crappy days to go but it's nearly teatime and I'm still on plan. That's the main thing.
Doughnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 01:58 PM   #36  
Token Rooster? ;)

S/C/G: 185/138/~135 to maintain

Height: 5' 6"

not even 11AM yet here and I'm already lethargic -- good on my calories so far ~450; will be eating a light lunch today (LeanCuisine plus some extra greens) and going out to Applebees with mom for dinner before or after our movie (thank goodness for their WW menu, not necessarily the most delicious healthy eats around but at least it's not yet another number I have to guesstimate.)

I think I'll be taking a nap in my car during my lunch hour too -- given how quick it takes to prepare & eat a LC.

Hope I get to leave work early today and, more importantly, have the energy for my 30 min. of exercise today (kickboxing & abs)
AquaWarlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 03:53 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

this working for a living just blows!

I've left part of supper up to the 'boys' and I'm going to stretch out for a few minutes.

Is it hot anywhere else? Whew!
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 08:24 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 156/133/130

Height: 5'2"

It's been cooking here the last few days, Susan. And I agree with the work comment

It's been 90 degrees here the last few days and every time I get in my car (for lunch or after work) it is baking hot

I've been doing pretty good the last couple of days on my calories. I usually weigh every day but I'm going to wait until my official weigh day (Friday) since I had a really, really bad 5 day weekend

Hope everyone had a great day and staying cool (literally).
abbyin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 09:01 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 158/142/at or below 135 lbs.

Hi all,

Doughnut - I love that quote from 2Fru and yes, I hope I feel that spark again soon. Since I'm not as motivated as I would like to be lately, I'm glad I have a exercise buddy who sometimes feels 'up' when I'm 'down'... and vice versa. Today she forced me on a vigorous 1 hour 10 minute speed walk. I had to jog a little to keep up with her, which was good because I needed it! The weather here was beautiful, and we got to have a good chat and catch up on things. So, of course, I'm glad we went

I think a big part of my problem lately is that I've been very busy and overwhelmed with lots of things -- finishing the last couple weeks of school (piles of grading to do, exams to write, classes to teach) and balancing lots of personal stuff now too. I tend to get myself exhausted when I have TOO much going on (I don't sleep well when I'm stressed... arghh... hate that!!), and the fatigue fuels my lack of motivation... and the vicious cycle of being too tired to exercise, too busy to pack lunch, etc. begins! Aqua - you might be feeling my pain, getting up at 3:30 today!

Anyway, the good news is that I'm aware of my pattern and trying to break out of it. I decide how I want my life to be... right? So, today was a good day exercise wise and a so-so day food wise. I'm looking at just maintaining this week.
walking2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 10:56 PM   #40  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

hot here too, which is rare especially this time of year
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 03:16 AM   #41  

S/C/G: 138

Hi everyone back to the site after missing a few days. Today/Yesterday now was DD 14th bDAY. We had a party for her last weekend. I ate tons of bad stuff. Went to the Dr.s today and I was still 134. Cant seem to get out of the 30's. My back is starting to feel better so I am going to try some easy walking in the neighborhood. LSAT are this Sat so studying alot. Oh reason for the Dr visit, lump in the breast getting bigger. He thinks its a cyst. whew!!! So I go for mamogram and ultra sound next week. I was parinoid because I had cervical cancer 12 yrs ago. I think I am becoming a hypocondriac. I had only been to the obgyn yrly before thisd lil stint with my back. PS I am barely eating anything and still not losing. I really dont feel hungry either. Alot of stress lately. Today I ate tea, a slim fast w/ protien and McD's !/4 lb meal. I know but I was out. Yesterday I ate a small breakfast and chineese. tried to stick to the vegt and meat dishes. Good luck w/ swimsuit season all. Put mine on for the pool party and my DD was scaredgood thing they make big wraps.
Angela1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 03:25 AM   #42  

S/C/G: 138

Default Sara Lee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whittlin View Post
doughnut, you'll definitely get there!

Oh, Oh! 'mater sammiches remind me - Recommendation
Sara Lee "100% Whole Wheat Soft and Smooth" sandwich bread, 70 calories per slice. This has just appeared in our area within the last few weeks (I know different areas have items distributed at different times - ?). My children like the texture as much as their favorite (very white-flour) ones and don't complain about sandwiches with "Mom's whole-grain stuff" any more. Little one does not even pull off the crust. This is perfect timing for my household for hot-weather-out-of-school sandwich-season.

My SO owns a Sara Lee bread route. We work it all the time. The best low sugar is thier delightful. It has less calories but a nice soft texture like s&s. But not made w/ corn syrup solids. Honey Wheat is the best seller in the area. PS Earth grains and grants farm are also Sara Lee Products. Be careful of thier bagels and engligh muffins bigger and more caloriew than other brands. I am a bread geek
Angela1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 05:47 AM   #43  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Morning! The nice thing about getting up this early is that it IS cool right now.

Getting below 130 is my bugaboo too. It definitely takes work ie cardio.
A bit of salty, bloat and I'll be sorry I added that line to my sig.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 08:55 AM   #44  
Ilene the Bean

Raining here today... Warmish though but not hot...

I've been thinking about 2f too and where she's been...I miss her

We heard from the insurance and the car is a write-off... $11,500 damage on a car worth $15,000... We're kind of glad because there could have been lots of unseen damage that could have popped up further down the road...
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 10:54 AM   #45  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

ilene, yeah its almost always better to have it totalled out. Except that you never get enough to cover buying another one.

W: 2039/(2000-2100)

Ugh what an afternoon. Despite the heat I decided it would be a good idea to pop the kiddos in the stroller and walk downtown to the farmer's market. At about 5:30 they were hot, the baby was hungry and I was melting. Thats when I discovered that the stroller didnt fit through most of the doors downtown (double stroller - does fit through the door of the pizza place, but most of the old buildings have narrow doors) the place I had told dh to meet us at didnt have high chairs so I didnt have a way to sit with 2 kids even if I did leave the stroller outside, and then I opened the cooler bag to find icepack, a bib, a baby spoon and no actual food. DOH! He didnt want to nurse. Because of the heat I had brought a bottle of diluted juice and he eventually took that. Thank goodness because his poor little cheeks were so red from the heat, it was too much to consider walking home before he cooled off. dh came and rescued us.

Then shock of shockers...we decided to split the special because usually the portions are HUGE and the special was actually a reasonable portion size, so we were both a bit hungry after. BUT Oregon strawberries are RIPE! bought a half flat at the market.
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote