Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 05-24-2007, 07:01 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

Question New 14-day challenge?

Just an idea - would like some feed back from you all.

How about a 14-day swimsuit challenge?

It would start on Mon. June 4 and end on Sun. June 17. We all would try on our favourite swimsuit (the one we like ourselves in best) at the beginning .Then for two weeks we would maintain or change whatever habits we chose, with the image of how we want to look in our suit kept in our minds. (I would be inclined to just try on my suit every couple of days as I'm not great at visualization).

At the end we would see how much closer we have come to that image we have kept of ourselves with our "killer" beach bodies.

I really think this would give me the I need to really lose some lbs. and it might be fun too!

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 10:39 AM   #2  
Ilene the Bean

I'm not going to participate because I just don't do well on challenges, it seems that I just want to eat more when I have a challenge I have no idea why... Good luck to everyone who will participate...
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 12:11 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

I'm kind of like Ilene. I've failed at all the challenges I've participated in--not that they are good ideas, though. I just don't do well on them.

Good luck to those of you who decide to do it!!!
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 12:18 PM   #4  
April

S/C/G: 165/ticker/130

Height: 5'6"

I think I need to do some kind of a challenge...I'm just not getting off to a great start. After a month I'm about the same. Just keep bouncing around. I'd like to have a sustained loss. I'm in!
midearthseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 02:01 PM   #5  
Woman on a Mission

S/C/G: 167/see ticker/120

I will do this with you! I sometimes do well on challenges, sometimes not, but I'll give it a shot!
mamajones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 07:54 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Default Change the challenge?

Can anyone think of a different way to set up the challenge so that we don't have to go back to the beginning every time we go off plan? I know this is what makes it a challenge but there must be another way to do this.

Maybe go back one day, rather than all the way back to the beginning, whenever we slip? Are there set rules for these things?

Thanks,
Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 11:16 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudpie View Post
Can anyone think of a different way to set up the challenge so that we don't have to go back to the beginning every time we go off plan? I know this is what makes it a challenge but there must be another way to do this.

Maybe go back one day, rather than all the way back to the beginning, whenever we slip? Are there set rules for these things?

Thanks,
Dagmar
You could just have a date 14 days in the future and have it end there. That's the Holiday challenges are set up.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 10:20 AM   #8  
April

S/C/G: 165/ticker/130

Height: 5'6"

Well, I bought a killer new swimsuit yesterday. It's the closest thing to a bikini that I've had in years and the closest I'll get till a tummy tuck! LOL! I is really great EXCEPT for the love handles and thighs rubbing! GRRR! I had forgotten about the terms of this challenge till I thought'd I'd check, since we're supposed to start Monday. Looks like I'm right on track!
midearthseeker is offline   Reply With Quote