Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Closed Thread

Old 04-21-2007, 04:39 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 174/137/135

Height: 5"5

Hey, Whittlin! Thanks for the note. I'm definitely feeling better. Ironically, I'm fluctuating weight-wise like everyone it seems. I tried to blame that on the fender bender as well, but my DH gave me that indulgent look that said I was reaching! HAHAHA

All in all, my spirits are up. I'm hoping for some decent spring weather next week. I've been dying to get the bike tuned up and ready to ride. I bought it near the end of the season and didn't get a lot of riding in before the rains. I intend to make up for it this year!

Hope all is well to everyone!

Kylie
Old 04-21-2007, 11:21 PM   #77  
Ilene the Bean

S/C/G: 165/149/140

Height: 5'3"

I had a fantastic day today ... It all started when I picked up my new bike and I LOVE IT ! So I did two sessions of 20k on my new bike, It was an awesomely beautiful day too... In between the two rides I washed windows...According to Fitday I burned 1237 calories ... Life is good!! Plus food was good too

Barbara -- That's a great one, I'd love to fluctuate in the lower 10# range too ...

Everyone seems to be up in spirits ... I think Spring is showing in everyone's mood ...
Old 04-22-2007, 07:38 AM   #78  

S/C/G: 148/144/130

Height: 5'5

Thank you for all your kind words for my cat, he has not returned.

Congrats on such a great day Ilene.

Can't say the same, it's always hard on the weekends for me. Let's see, where to begin, nice weather means beer. I've had two of those. Nice weather also means icecream. Then there was the cookies... I'm sure there was other stuff but I am in denial. I did take out my spring clothes, and they all look great! So, it's incentive to keep going.

Still having trouble getting to the gym. I only get to really see my family on the weekends and we want to go for a picnic today. Monday morning I have homework. My SO isn't home in the evenings, he works, so that's bust. I am going to have to try to go before work, at 5:30. Maybe if I do short bursts, four days a week, 40 miniutes in the morning. Going to post for a buddy I think.

Have a great weekend all!

Dana
Old 04-22-2007, 09:33 AM   #79  
Doughnut

S/C/G: 161.4/158.6/130

Height: 5'5.5"

The run of gorgeous, sunburning weather we've had here over the past couple of weeks seems to be at an end. Never mind, I'm in a good mood anyway.

Had a bad day on Friday when I wandered (should that be marched?) way off plan but yesterday I got right back on and today is going well too.
I've also started with a bit of experimental cooking which, if you knew me, you'd know quite how scary that could be.

Dana I totally hear you about the exercise - I'm rubbish at doing it. I'm OK when I've got into the routine but if something happens to break me out of it it takes me weeks of procrastination to start doing it again. I WILL do 30 mins today. It may not be a lot but it's 30 mins more than I've done for the last 2 weeks. Except for walking. I'm good at working.
Old 04-22-2007, 10:02 AM   #80  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Hi everybody! We're home.
Sad news about another young person. My husband's boss's son was killed in a car accident while we were away. 18 y o, new car, gravel road, no seat belt ... So I'm going to do some therapeutic house cleaning and then we're off to the funeral home this afternoon. So sad.
Old 04-22-2007, 12:34 PM   #81  

S/C/G: 174/137/135

Height: 5"5

SusanB,
I'm so sorry to hear about your husband's boss's son. My heart goes out to everyone. Take care.

Kylie
Old 04-22-2007, 09:48 PM   #82  

Height: 5'6

Hi all! I had another bad few days...too much eating! I am going to try to get back on track this week and start a walking program. I have been able to stay more motivated in the past if I know I am working toward a walking goal. SusanB, sorry to hear about your bosses son. I really feel for their family.

p.s. I ended up looking pretty darn good at the event even with the extra fat! Thank goodness for makeup, heels and hair products!!
Old 04-22-2007, 11:25 PM   #83  

S/C/G: 167/140/128

Height: 5'2"

Hey ladies! I'm just heartbroken for the ladies with the cats and the poor boss. I've been so paranoid about the pet foods with that massive recall that seems to grow every week that I've been feeding my dog strictly human food (she especially loves the canned corned beef hash heated in the microwave and the cheap tuna).

Still fluctuating as I was last week when I last posted. Grrrrrrrrrrrr. Today I'm at 141, still haven't been able to break into the 130's for the past few weeks. Now my calorie deficit chart is showing that I should have lost 12 pounds in 14 weeks, but I've only lost 10 lbs. TOM came around a few days ago so hoping that will account for this. My chart has been so accurate so I don't know what's going on now. I have been eating more since I got my elliptical and starting burning way more calories. So wondering if its better to eat less and exercise less than the opposite. Who knows but I'm just hoping this scale will get moving again this week.

We all seem to have the same problem of going off plan a lot. But luckily we're featherweights for a reason: we're also pretty good at getting back OP right away. Summer's-a-commin' ladies so let's do it!
Old 04-23-2007, 05:56 AM   #84  
Doughnut

S/C/G: 161.4/158.6/130

Height: 5'5.5"

Susan I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of yet another young life. When I was 17 several people I knew or knew of (and one actual friend) died over the course of the year as they got their licences and new cars. It's such a waste.

Mami I certainly think it's too early to panic. 10lbs is awesome and as you said yourself there may be a reason for it not being lower which you can't judge for a couple of days. Eating lots and exercising lots seems to suit you and is a plan you seem to be able to stick to and lose weight. Unless you're in an actual race or something I wouldn't change anything you're otherwise happy with for the sake of 2lbs - not worth it. Having said that, I do think there'll come a time when you're going to have to cut calories a bit to lose but I wouldn't do it until you have to.

Well I broke my own rule and weighed myself this morning but I'm not going to change my ticker as I don't believe what it said - although I'd like to . I am now going to put my scales somewhere really inconvenient so that getting on them is a major chore. Any ideas?

I broke another promise yesterday and didn't do any exercise at all. Why am I so rubbish at this?
Old 04-23-2007, 07:38 AM   #85  

S/C/G: 148/144/130

Height: 5'5

Susan- so sorry to hear about such tragic events.

Mami- I always but on a couple pounds during TOM, I never weigh myself in that period of time. Who knows, maybe it will melt off in a couple days.

Doughnut- You totally described me, once the cycle is broken it takes me forever to get back. errrrr frustrating

This has been a bad, bad weekend. I ate way too much icecream, some french fries, beer... my my, I'm gonna have to work hard to keep it off.
Well, I am going to try to get back on track, still have a goal of 2Lbs, for the end of the month to make, and I think I can still do it.

Have a great week all!
Old 04-23-2007, 07:42 AM   #86  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Shall we begin a new week folks?
Old 04-23-2007, 11:19 AM   #87  

This has been a great week. Right on plan, and according to my scale am back where I'd like to be - and then some. Registered as high as 153 and as low as (today) 146. Will see what it decides to be next week to stay and change my ticker YAY!
Closed Thread