Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Closed Thread

Old 04-19-2007, 11:58 PM   #61  
Ilene the Bean

Yes, Mami and Abbyin, I'm the same way, good for 3-4 days then the weekend happens, mine often start on Thursdays ... then gain what I've lost ... Vicious circle ...

I've been ok on the exercise front and food too this week... I had a couple of run-ins with cholocate, but my calories were low enough ... The weather is finally nice and I'm back to running outside instead of the dreadmill Thank gawd!!

Well, getting late here, gotta get to bed
Old 04-20-2007, 05:40 AM   #62  
Doughnut

S/C/G: 161.4/158.6/130

Height: 5'5.5"

Mami - I know exactly what you mean about bouncing. I've been bouncing around with 148-149 for weeks now. I've no idea what I currently weigh as I got so fed up with it I stopped weighing. I bet you a pound to the dollar though that it's 148 or 149! (Actually given the current exchange rate I'll reverse that bet)

Having said all that I've been bouncing because I haven't done enough to shift anything - it's not like rocket science in my case. I've not unfairly plateaued.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbyin View Post
I've seen your post on here for a long time and I have been here for a long time and it's time to get busy. No more sabotaging and no more excuses!

We can do this.
Yes - that struck a chord. I'm doing well this week food wise and haven just got to get on with it. Exercise, well I just hate it
Old 04-20-2007, 05:56 AM   #63  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

Unhappy

I fell apart last night. My poor cat was in to the vet for tests all of Tuesday. We got him back Tues night and he hasn't been able to walk since. We thought it was the anaesthetic on Wed. but, by now Fri., it's obvious they did something to him while handling him. The vet "suspects" it's a slipped disc. We have to take him back again today although my boyfriend is already whining about the cost.

I was so stressed out last night I just sat down mindlessly in front of the TV and started eating. Anything that came to hand.

I took my poor cat in for a prolonged bout of diarrhea, which he still has, and they gave him back to me crippled.I'm tired (little sleep for 3 night worrying about him), really angry (they must have really manhandled him at this new vet), and I also feel guilty for taking him there in the first place (our regular vet's hours are not good). I'm also really worried that they can't "fix" whatever they did to poor Mishi and he'll have to be put down

All the time I was eating last night I knew it wouldn't help but I couldn't think of any other way to get this out. I should have come to the computer before the binge, but at least I'm here now. I'm not going to weigh myself this morning - I'm too depressed.

Dagmar
Old 04-20-2007, 06:52 AM   #64  

S/C/G: 148/144/130

Height: 5'5

Mudpie- I'm so sorry about your cat, I can say I know exactly how you feel. My cat, whom I've had for 16yrs, ran away 2 days ago and we can't find him. I'm in denial and trying not to think about it, at least your acknowledging your feelings. I hope everything goes well, I'll be thinking of you.

Welcome Mami and Dawnlight

Things are doing really well, I haven't gained anything back so far, and I have been eating really well. It's just the exercise, but I never have time to fit it in. Anyone else have this problem? Well, tomorrow is Saturday and I have no excuses.

Have a great day all!

Dana
Old 04-20-2007, 08:50 AM   #65  
April

S/C/G: 165/ticker/130

Height: 5'6"

I'm sorry to hear about your cat too, Mudpie. My cat used to sneak out when I let the pups out and one night he didn't come back in. The next day I saw his collar hanging very high up in our tree. I think he hurt himself when it got hung up and ran off to die. He was microchipped and everything, and should have been traced back to me. I know that's not the same though. I would be LIVID, if I were you. Just try to remember not to take it off on yourself!

Sodi--I'd love to SAY I don't have time to fit it in, but that'd be a total cop-out. I know I have time, but I spend most of it with my fat but parked in front of this computer. (Not that this group isn't helpful!) I need to get some discipline and STEP AWAY FROM THE COMPUTER!!! LOL.
Old 04-20-2007, 08:57 AM   #66  
April

Question

Well, scale said 146.....then bumped it up to 146.5!! But I guess I can't expect much when I didn't do much this past week. I really need to get it in gear.
Old 04-20-2007, 08:59 AM   #67  
April

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mami View Post

What goes up must come down, right ??

I LOVE this!!!
Old 04-20-2007, 09:12 AM   #68  

S/C/G: 174/137/135

Height: 5"5

Hi, guys, I just wanted to check in. This week has been a real struggle. Nothing compared to Allison or MudPie, though! My heart is with both of you. Please take care.

Earlier this week, I was bumped at a stop light by an SUV. My little hatchback appeared to be in fine shape, nothing visible, so I didn't think anything serious happened, then as the day went on my headache grew and Wednesday I felt like I'd been worked over! Yesterday was better, though, and I made it in the gym, which felt good from a psychological perspective.

Today, seems even better, but my scale jumped up 3 lbs because TOM's in town. I'm trying not to focus on it and appreciate that even for the time being things seem to be getting better.

Here's hoping to an uneventful weekend and a fresh start Monday.

Hope everyone is hanging in there too.

K.

Oh! SusanB, what part of Alabama are you in? I lived in Southern Mississippi for a couple years and absolutely fell in love with Gulf Shores when we went down to visit.
Old 04-20-2007, 10:26 AM   #69  

Mudpie

That has to be awful. My cat, Bijou, is my baby. She got very sick a month or so ago to the tune of about $2000 in vet bills. At least kitty health insurance covered about $800 of it. I was exhausted from having her there, and she had to spend the night one night as well - I visited her three times during that day. She recovered completely and is up to her usual nosiness I'm happy to report. I'm so sorry!!! Can you bring her to your regular vet? I would be going totally ballistic if that were me and I thought they did something that hurt her. How could they not know she wasnt' walking before they gave her back to you?

On my weight front - I changed my weight ticker to what my at home scale said yesterday. In the past two days, however, that scale has said as high as 154 and today as low as 149. I'm more inclined to believe the 149 side and think I'll probably be hovering in my usual 147 -148 zone in no time. It's better right now for me to be able to change the ticker, even if the weight isn't even close to correct. (Day before yesterday, I was 142 at the doctor to give you an idea). I also changed my goal to 130 -becuase I'll be about 125 or so when my at home scale says 130 at this rate.

Love and hugs to all who are having a rough time
Old 04-20-2007, 11:05 AM   #70  
Doughnut

S/C/G: 161.4/158.6/130

Height: 5'5.5"

Mudpie and Sodium I'm really sorry about your cats. I'm a lover of our whiskered friends too and really hope things work out for both of them. Let us know
Old 04-20-2007, 02:26 PM   #71  
Whittlin

S/C/G: 170/144/140

Wow, Dana and Dagmar keep us posted about your pets! Dana, go out and call - set food out? Can't think of anything else. Tell neighbors?

Hello to Kylie - hope you feel better.

I got in a really good workout - was really sweating and went to my max.

about Fluctuations - anything up a few pounds I just don't acknowledge. When it comes back down, I'll believe it. Of course lately I've been ignoring a fluctuation for several weeks. No matter. I have to decide on SOME guideline, or else I'd be changing the ticker every day. Only up 1.5 to 2 pounds. Just not going to worry about that snippet.
Old 04-20-2007, 08:59 PM   #72  
Ilene the Bean

Fluctuations, SUCK!! I fluctuate between 148 & 152 sooo annoying!!

Sorry to hear about the kitties, I love my two cats and get as worried about my fur kids as I do about my real kids ...

Today was a good day exercise wise NOT food wise, when will I smarten up?!?

I went to the gym this morning and biked later in the day for the first time this year, I did 20k in 58 mins ... I felt really good afterwards... Tomorrow if all goes well I'll run in the morning and bike in the afternoon ... It's been gorgeous here today Spring/Summer has arrived
Old 04-20-2007, 09:40 PM   #73  
Constant Vigilance

S/C/G: 150/132/<130

Height: just under 5'4"

I wouldn't mind the flunctuations so much if they were within a range that was about 10 lbs lower than the range I am fluctuating in now. At least I hope it is a fluctuation--so far it has been a fluctuation all in one direction--up!
Old 04-20-2007, 11:01 PM   #74  
Whittlin

S/C/G: 170/144/140

Quote:
I wouldn't mind the flunctuations so much if they were within a range that was about 10 lbs lower than the range I am fluctuating in now.

Barbara,
you are a wit.

Glad you enjoyed a bike ride in the great outdoors, Ilene.

Today was a good eating day with extra veggies. Wish I hadn't had some crackers I absentmindedly scoffed down, but I'm going to assume that's minor. A good exercise day and good eating day in one - that's rare.
Old 04-21-2007, 03:17 PM   #75  

S/C/G: Starting over

Height: 5'7"

Yes I would love to fluctuate in the 10 lb lower range. Or even 20 if we are going to create an ideal situation.

Yes I am a fluctuator too. Today the scale was up to 162 and then after the run 158 but of course that was due to dehydration. It does make me feel better about the earlier number.

Oh well. I had a really big dip last week so there is bound to be some rebounding. That is the only bad thing about going down into the next 10s place. If you gain 1 lb then you are back up another 10 lbs. not really of course but it feels that way. Ahhh mind games.

Keep on keepin' on....
Closed Thread