Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 04-12-2007, 08:07 PM   #76  
Ilene the Bean

S/C/G: 165/149/140

Height: 5'3"

Hey Gang ... Not too much snow here but cold, wet, rainy, dreary are a good description of what it's like out here...

Dh doesn't gain weight and is very slim but he still has to watch what he eats because his cholesterol is high, genetics in his case...

I've been super lazy these past few days, I haven't exercised since Sunday, must be the weather, well that's my excuse anyways ....
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 08:18 PM   #77  
Ilene the Bean

Warlock -- I watched that show last night too I really enjoyed it... I love watching any documentary related to weightloss/gai... I felt that the 18 year old would not keep it off even with the surgery... The comedian looked so good and I loved her outlook, it was more in tune with what I believe in...
Old 04-12-2007, 08:54 PM   #78  
No Sniveling!

S/C/G: 168/130/130

Good afternoon everyone.

Just got up from some wonderful sleep I really needed it. I basically just got up walked on my treadmill, had dinner & I'll go back to sleep in about an hour! Making up for the sleep I didn't get yesterday.

Ennay-I don't get much sleep but it's not USUALLY because I have insomnia. It's my crazy work schedule and keeping up with going to my son's activities. Because I usually know the days I'm not going to get too much sleep I can plan my food out and spread it out through the long hours so that is probably different.

Warlock-thanks for the info on that TV show. Sounds good.

Allison-I am totally like you with the freezing (although I guess mine is not wine related). I'm always freezing and I've been checked for anemia, etc. and I'm healthy as a horse so go figure!

I've been doing much better with my eating this week. I pretty much always keep up with the exercising so if I just manage to reign my eating in I'm ok.

Hope everyone has a great day. Jane
greatchoice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 09:49 PM   #79  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Well, Ilene ... you need to move closer to me and my neighbour Grace. I already walk/jogged today and did arms ... but Grace is just so sweet when she calls ... I went out again for an hour. I'm tired now.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 12:10 AM   #80  

So I have some very bad news and some very good news.

The bad news: I ate a trough of french fries tonight, and a handful of hushpuppies. I didn't even really want them when I had them, even though I was hungry... and as I was eating them, kept telling myself to stop - which only happened when I hit the bottom. The other bad news, is that I'm having trouble identifying a trigger - this was not a bad day - I was feeling great, on plan (for multiple days in a row), I wasn't "celebrating" anything either.

The good news: I did not purge. I did not drink. I've exercised every single day this week for the first time in my life. And tomorrow is another day to be on plan. And I h ave all ya'll on my side.

goodnight
YuppieGirlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 08:59 AM   #81  
Whittlin

S/C/G: 170/144/140

Height: 5'6"

Hi guys - I've been trying to get into Featherweights for a week or so, and everytime I've clicked on the word, "Featherweights", my computer has locked up (well, I mean I have to exit the window/connection. Another one will come up fine, but again quit if I click on FW.). Doesn't do it anywhere else on the net so must have something to do with a particular ad that tries to come up when I click FW? It has happened randomly at other headings on this site before, but never consistently like this for Featherweights. Anyway, this is the first time I've seen any of the posts "in here" in at least 7 days so I have a lot of catching up to do!
Whittlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 09:10 AM   #82  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

I finally have paid for the ad free connection. It's only $15 per 6 months and well worth it. I just get so out of sorts if I can't simply come here and read in a relaxing manner.

Morning everyone.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 10:31 AM   #83  

S/C/G: 156/133/130

Height: 5'2"

Down 1 lb. this week . I'm really happy about that because I actually lost 2 lbs. last week and gained them back over Easter weekend. But, I lost those 2 plus 1 more this week. Finally the scale is starting to move!

I also had a NSV this morning. When I went to find some jeans to put on this morning, I happened to see an old pair of jeans I had kept that I could not zip or button. I thought I would try them on, just for kicks, and they fit! They zipped and buttoned and are quite comfortable. In fact, I wore them to work today

Hope everyone has a great day.
abbyin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 11:32 AM   #84  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

wooohoo Abby!

The ads dont bother me much, I think my firewall takes out the popups so all I have is the banner ads.

You know you are too tired when it takes you 3 tries to make coffee. First I almost put the coffee in the basket without a filter. Which was ok because I hadnt GROUND it yet. So I put in a filter and put the coffee in, water in, etc. was about to hit the button Remembered that I really like it if I put some cinnamon in the grounds, took the basket back out. I STILL HADNT GROUND THE FREAKIN BEANS!

What a day already and its only 7:30

Yuppie - yesterday was a horrid day for me too. Today is another day.
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 11:36 AM   #85  
Ilene the Bean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whittlin View Post
Hi guys - I've been trying to get into Featherweights for a week or so, and everytime I've clicked on the word, "Featherweights", my computer has locked up (well, I mean I have to exit the window/connection. Another one will come up fine, but again quit if I click on FW.). Doesn't do it anywhere else on the net so must have something to do with a particular ad that tries to come up when I click FW? It has happened randomly at other headings on this site before, but never consistently like this for Featherweights. Anyway, this is the first time I've seen any of the posts "in here" in at least 7 days so I have a lot of catching up to do!
I'll ask Suzanne about that... I wondered where you'd been... I always love your posts
Old 04-13-2007, 11:40 AM   #86  
Ilene the Bean

on the loss abbyin !!!
Old 04-13-2007, 11:57 AM   #87  

S/C/G: 140/137/125

Height: 5'2.5"

all i have to say today is The freeking weather
canadian mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 02:12 PM   #88  
April

S/C/G: 165/ticker/130

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whittlin View Post
My Dell Guru brother, installed a program called Ad Blocker Plus and let me tell ya, it's a dream! I run Firefox instead of Internet Explorer, and it comes as an add-on. I don't know if you can use it for IE, but you can always go to downloads.com and search for it. It blocks ALL adds. Banners, pictures, whatever. Blocks them all.
midearthseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 02:14 PM   #89  
April

S/C/G: 165/ticker/130

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadian mom View Post
all i have to say today is The freeking weather
I think the cold weather makes us want to hold on to out fat stores, like bears in winter, in case we starve. Then again, in the blazing hot Summer, it's too hot to do anything. Makes you tired. It's a lose/lose situation!
midearthseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 02:38 PM   #90  
Sleek and Fit. Finally.

S/C/G: 159/139.4/135

Height: 5'5"

Heya!

Congrates on the loss abbyin!!! Congrates on beating down those Easter weekend pounds.

Don't get me started on the weather. grrrr. I went for a run, which felt great, but it's certainly too windy/cloudy/cold out to go for a decent bike ride. I don't know what I'm going to do! Oh well, I'l find something to do I guess.

midearthseeker, that's totally true. And I've even heard it said that our bodies burn different amounts of calories in spring/fall... for fat storage and that kind of thing. I mean technically speaking, humans as an animal would have at one point not been able to eat very well during winter, so it would have been all about the storage. Of course now we (at least in developed countries) can get food all year round.
Cats tongue is offline   Reply With Quote