Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 04-13-2007, 02:26 PM   #91  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

I'm having one of those days when it feels like my birthday suit is too big. Ya know? It's like I shrunk but my skin hasn't caught up yet.
It's encouraging that a little bit of fat loss can make that much difference now but it's ... wierd.

Do you all know the analogy about the paper towel roll?
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 02:31 PM   #92  

S/C/G: 175+/151/135

Height: 5'7"

Ennay

My daughter is 2 and a half and I am just starting to get enough sleep (knocks on wood). But I remember!

159!!!!

What a good week I am having. Had a great run this morning.

Abbyn congrats on the loss.

Whittlin welcome back.

Yuppie girlie. That kind of thing happens. You'll be fine...just get back on the ol' saddle.

Susan that is such a good sign!

Gotta go change my ticker
hikerchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 02:42 PM   #93  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Oh hikerchick! A new ten's number. I'm not sure why but I always find that very encouraging.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 04:15 PM   #94  
Sleek and Fit. Finally.

S/C/G: 159/139.4/135

Height: 5'5"

Way to go hikerchick!!!!

I'm so bored, I should be studying, but I felt more like chatting.
Cats tongue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 04:24 PM   #95  

S/C/G: 140/137/125

Height: 5'2.5"

enney i remember the up all night thing too well. I did it 4 times althought the youngest is 2 1/2 now and my oldest just turned 10 and 9 so in a few years I'll be up waiting for them to come home.

congrats hikerchick. isn't it nice to be able to say 150s instead of 160. i know it is only a pound but I think it is a mental thing. lol
canadian mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 05:00 PM   #96  
April

S/C/G: 165/ticker/130

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by hikerchick View Post
Ennay

159!!!!

That's awesome!! I know I want to lose 20 pounds, but just ONCE I would like to see the scale hit 139 again! I haven't seen the 130's since last Summer!

In fact, you've motivated me to add a ticker for my first Mini Goal! Yay!

Last edited by midearthseeker; 04-13-2007 at 05:21 PM. Reason: added something
midearthseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 05:48 PM   #97  

S/C/G: 148/144/130

Height: 5'5

Congrats on the loss Hikerchick, a whole new number! and I feel for ya on the sleep, my daughter still gets up.

Well, I have been avoiding the scale out of fear because I have been cheating so often. I've been wearing baggy clothes and trying to hide in them. But today I felt I needed a reality check so I got on.
I LOST 4LBS!!
I almost fell over to see myself in the thirties! I got on the scale three times to make sure I wasn't seeing things. I tried on a bunch of clothes and they fit. Goes to show what your mind can tell you about your body when your feeling down on yourself. I haven't been in the thirties for over a year.

Now I have to make sure I don't sabatoge myself, feel I can eat because I lost some weight.

Susan- I feel the same with the skin thing. Since I had my daughter my stomach kinda hangs there, it sucks.

Ate okay today, I consumed too many calories too early so I have to be sparse in the evening. Instead of chocolate last night, i had a bowl full of veggies.

Spring has got to come to this country soon! I'm feeling down too. Just hold on gals another week or so.

Dana
Sodiumlightbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 09:31 PM   #98  

S/C/G: 156/133/130

Height: 5'2"

I hear you Dana! I'm in Indiana and we're supposed to get 1 - 2 inches of snow tomorrow. What's up with that! This is April, isn't it?
abbyin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 11:39 AM   #99  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

Who'da thunk? 2 baaaad binge days in a row and the scale is DOWN today. I'll take it!

But I felt ill yesterday from the food so get back on track dip
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 01:05 PM   #100  

S/C/G: 175+/151/135

Height: 5'7"

Dana and Ennay isn't it nice when the scale rewards you when least expected. That's so cool.

I think the best thing about seeing the scale hit 159 is that I am that much closer to 149. As big as each 10s digit is there is something so magical about not having to move the 50lb weight over.

Its been sooooo long since I have not had to do that I can't even remember. College probably.

I was all ready to get all fit and in shape after marraige (at this point I was about 155). We were going to go on a 1 month hike (hence the name hikerchick) we had people buy us gear and everything for the wedding. (This is 1997 BTW)

So we didn't plan so instead decided to do 4 one week long hikes. On the first day I thought I was going to die I was sooooo tired and sooo hungry up hills down hills I knew I was out of shape but not THAT out of shape. It was strange. By the end of the week I just knew it. I was pregnant. Honeymoon cancelled I went home and slept and ate and slept and slept and slept. So much for getting in shape.

Oh well I love my kids and if I had to choose I would take the kids any day.

Luckily I don't have to choose and now I have my wits about me again.

I admire people like ennay who are able to get it together when the kids are so little. The first two years are just a complete blur for me.

The cruel irony of motherhood is that in order to bear children you work harder than you ever have in your life only to come out of it more out of shape than ever.

The good side of this is that you know what its like to work hard.
hikerchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 01:17 PM   #101  

S/C/G: 140/137/125

Height: 5'2.5"

Today I did some baking. I baked low fat banana muffins. low fat oatmeal apple cinnimon muffins and some choclate banana cupcakes(sending most with DH as he is going away for the wek for work). I wanted to make some low fat carrot cake but decided to make somthing for DH insted.
canadian mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 03:19 PM   #102  

S/C/G: 174/137/135

Height: 5"5

Default New Shoes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ennay View Post
Kylie - if you go to a "real running store" they will watch you run and look at wear patterns on your old shoes if you have old shoes and determine what kind of shoe is best for your particular body. In general real running stores are not manned by teenagers but by runners, they typically sponsor lots of races and running clubs. And yes, the shoes are a bit pricier.
Ennay and Poppin3, just wanted to say a big THANK YOU!!! I went to a running place in town and got new shoes today. Up until now, I've bought what I thought were pretty good shoes ($65- $80), but it was always "hit or miss" with most of the time being miss. The woman helped me find a perfect pair with the right amount of support and cushion for the way I run.

Thanks again for the good advice.
KylieH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 04:53 PM   #103  

S/C/G: 139/137/120

Height: 5'4"

Wow, I have so much to say -- but no energy to type it all right now. I know I haven't been around much, but expect a longer post this evening!

KylieH -- anytime! I hope you love them. Make sure to report back.
poppins3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 12:16 PM   #104  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Bad news. I moved my ticker back up. I had it down to 138 but the weight only stayed there for 2 days. I've been 2 days at 140 now, so I think that it is more realistic for me. Sure, I feel bad about that, but I'll move it back down eventually--I'm not giving up!!

Have a wonderful rest of the weekend everyone! I'm off to the local Greek Festival!!!
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 02:49 PM   #105  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

I love my long run days
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote