Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 03-05-2007, 08:54 PM   #1  
where'd I go?

S/C/G: 180/170/130

Height: 5'3

Red face i can do this, right?

so last week i start feeling motivated around Wednesday or Thursday...whenever it was I decided to join this forum. i start writing down goals and decide that Monday will be my starting day to get back on track, eat healthy and hopefully shed some pounds. then last night the husband goes on this rant about how he's concerned about my health and doesn't want me to let myself go...how i need to just do it, i know what i need to do and quit making excuses etc. i know he meant well and i'm glad i will have some support when i start making progress but it was almost as if he knocked me down a knotch. i was so gung ho and i hadn't even said anything to him about it because i want to do this for me...by myself (well of course including everyone's support and incite from the website). ok, i'm not letting him get me down...ONWARD!

mj
mjchik0906 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 11:14 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 320

Height: 58

Isn't weird that your loved ones always pick the wrong time to be supportive. But you have the right idea though to keep trudging forward. Once he sees results he will think he motivated you and thats when the fun begins.

Good Luck and stay positive
mnms24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 11:20 PM   #3  
Ilene the Bean

MJ -- Onward and downward, show yourself and the man you can do it!!
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 12:12 AM   #4  
fat chick FKA Velveteen

Height: 5'5½

They mean well, they just don't always know when and how to say it! Of course you can do this!! Remember the sentiment behind his words - he loves you and wants you to be happy and healthy. Men, can't live without em, can't slap them silly when they say dumb things LOL!
PinkyPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 06:36 PM   #5  
where'd I go?

S/C/G: 180/170/130

Height: 5'3

I hear ya guys! I've never felt this motivated in all the times that I've tried to lose weight. I'm definitely pushing on and have been doing great so far this week. Thanks for the support and boost in confidence.

MJ
mjchik0906 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 06:43 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 177/168.5/140

Height: 5'5

Thats ok, my mom knows I am trying to lose weight so what does she do, on Valentines day she brings me a bag of Lindt Chocolate!! omg they were yummy though
lpgoad is offline   Reply With Quote