Old 11-13-2006, 12:16 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 181/181/130

Height: 5'4"

Default Late AfterNoon Hunger, Need Help

I'm just starting this diet. I tried starting it a few days ago but I notice in the mid afternoon, around 3-4pm, I get this overwhelming sense of hunger. And it is like that hunger will not be satisfied by fruits and veggies alone. What do you do in times like these? Just reach for the fruits and veggies anyways? Maybe this is just habit.

I would appreciate any tips if you had the same problem.

Shannen
Old 11-13-2006, 12:31 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 149/139/135

Height: 5' 3"

Shannen, I haven't been hungry one day since starting FS. Seems like those that are hungry are eating mainly fruits & veggies & not eating oatmeal, beans (navy, black, kidney, etc.), brown rice or sweet potatoes. These items really fill you up and have been key to keeping me feeling full. Remember that tofu is also allowed on detox plus yogurt & ff milk. You can easily make a "rice pudding" using brown rice and yogurt and/or skim milk & alittle Splenda plus cinnamon.

Eat as many of these items as allowed (basically one serving of oatmeal, up to 2 cups of brown rice, etc.). Add fruit to the oatmeal, veggies to the brown rice (I have a great recipe where I add pineapple), etc.

Portabella mushrooms are a great addition and I'm having one today for dinner "stuffed" with some veggies/brown rice. On detox I had mini meals basically consisting of a baked sweet potato. Try the sweet potato fries recipe.

I need variety so I've tried figuring out anything I could make to fill me up and not make me too bored (although by the 7th day I was eagerly awaiting Phase II).
Old 11-13-2006, 04:54 PM   #3  
lem
Lem

S/C/G: 163/136/130

Height: 5'7"

Hi,

I usually try to eat 1/2 of my daily rice portion at that time w/ some steamed veggies or oatmeal w/ fruit and I find those items fill me up. If I am at home I will make a fruit smoothie and if I am in a crunchy snacking mood, I will eat soy nuts. Good luck to you. Lem