Old 11-09-2006, 04:28 PM   #1  
Less is more.

S/C/G: 298/234/170

Height: 5'5"

Default Not a single pound

okay.. this, I don't believe. it's the last day of Phase one.. I weighed myself and I didn't lose anything. I all but ran out of the gym and stommped to my car.

It seems a bit unfair that I went though this horrible phase for nothing whatsoever. but I did cheat a bit and there were times I didn't go to the gym. So I have no one to blame but myself
The last thing I want is to have to go through this phase again, but I know I must. And I'll start again tomorrow, because i want to be into Phase 2 in time for thanksgiving.

Gah, I'm just a bit disapointed in myself right now.
Old 11-09-2006, 06:25 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 149/139/135

Height: 5' 3"

OK, I just have to say this. If I went through Phase I & didn't lose I'd try a different plan. However, you did say you cheated but I still believe you should have lost something!

IOW, you cheated because you were not happy with the selection/choices on detox, correct? Maybe you should just skip detox and try Phase II. Why set yourself up for failure again, esp. since you had to cheat the first time through?

Not all plans work for everyone. That's why some find success with lc, some have been on ww for years, some just count calories, etc. This forum has so many different eating plans and you might have to check some other ones out. Best of luck with your decision.
Old 11-09-2006, 07:32 PM   #3  
Less is more.

I was thinking the same thing. I've decided that I'm going to stick mostly to Phase 1.. but lean on Phase 2 if I need to. Like if I need to use a bit of cheese on something, or a serving of meat. But I'll try as hard as I can to stick to phase 1.
I hope this will give me the energy I need to hit the gym more often. ^_^
Old 11-09-2006, 11:49 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 139/137/125

Height: 5'3''

I found that I was very tired all the time just eating fruits and veggies and it was 3 times as hard for me to make myself go work out! I cheated one time on ph 1 and i went from feeling a little better about myself to feeling bigger than ever! it was terrible. Now i feel like the detox stage just isnt for me. Im gonna have fruits and veggies and some meat!
Old 11-10-2006, 07:22 AM   #5  
lem
Lem

S/C/G: 163/136/130

Height: 5'7"

Sakai - I agree, if you didn't lose, maybe you should just try P2. I feel certain it is more doable for your an dless likely to cause major incidents of cheating Good luck & have a great weekend. Lem
Old 11-10-2006, 04:16 PM   #6  
Less is more.

Oh I feel so much better already, and I haven't even changed all that much from the detox diet. Last night I had my first ever veggie burger. it tasted pretty good for being a veggan burger.

Anyways, I feel kinda dumb right now because I completly forgot my TOM was starting, so I'm sure I lost some weight but it won't show on the scale till later. *falls over* lol I feel silly
Old 11-13-2006, 06:00 PM   #7  
Less is more.

Default Update

Egads, guess what. I went to the gym here in the college and the scale there said I was 219.. meaning I lost 10 pounds.
now I don't really believe this, I want to weigh myself on the same scale as before.

Grrr I wish I didn't weigh myself at that gym, now I have my fingers crossed hopping that I did lose 10 pounds, not the scale being different or anything. Now it's just bugging me.
Old 11-13-2006, 06:29 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 149/139/135

Height: 5' 3"

Scales cannot be trusted! I remember with one of my past diets buying a new scale since my old one never seemed to budge unless someone else stepped on it that was a really different weight than I was (or I'd pick up one of the dogs to reset the scale). Bought a digital & realized that the old scale was off by around 8 lbs (in the wrong direction)! It all basically works out the same, I had still lost weight but my starting weight was obviously 8 lbs. higher than I thought.

If your other scale did not budge then it might be time to buy a new scale or use the one at the gym from now on. The best thing is taking your measurements or just seeing if your pants are getting looser.