Old 08-19-2006, 06:45 PM   #16  
bouncy

S/C/G: 236/174.5/150

Height: 5'7

Suzanne since that menu i posted from the site, the lunch and dinner
serves 4. I sound like to much egg whites or egg beater to me aswell.
I bet it was supposed to serve 4 alos. What do you think?
Old 08-19-2006, 11:41 PM   #17  
it's always something

You are allowed up to 4 egg whites per day, so I would think the recipe serves 1. The portions would be awfully small if it served 4. Eat it all, it would be a great way to start the day
Old 08-20-2006, 07:08 AM   #18  

Got the book late yesterday afternoon. In reading through it I found something confusing. In Phase I cheese is not allowed. But in the recipes for Phase I the Tasty Tomatoes calls for parmeasan cheese. Anyone know for sure. I sent an e-mail to his website but got it back as undeliverable.

Will do some food shopping tomorrow and get what I need for the detox phase. I'll try an work up a menu for myself for the next few days and see how it goes.
Old 08-20-2006, 10:58 AM   #19  
it's always something

I still can't find my book, so I can't check the recipe, but I'm guessing it uses just a small amount of parmesan cheese? Maybe he allows small amounts of foods as flavor enhancers, as long as you don't consume full servings of them. A little tiny bit of good quality, freshly grated parmesan can add a big punch of flavor for very few calories. I don't think there would be a problem with this, as long as we're careful, but it depends on the individual. The important thing is to reduce our calories and eat more nutritious whole foods. Sometimes that's easier to do when we include a variety of flavors to make it taste good

I personally plan to use the diet details as guidelines and will tweak if I need to. For example, I'd go nuts if I ate that much brown rice every day So I plan to mix it up a little. I have some exotic rices such as black 'forbidden' rice, Bhutanese red rice, and whole grains such as quinoa, millet, etc.

One thing I'm confused about is the amount of rice (etc) to eat. Phase 1 says to eat 2 cups brown rice daily. Do we eat the full 2 cups, or is that a maximum amount allowed, as in eat UP TO 2 cups? Phase 2 actually specifies eat up to 2 cups. Why the difference?
Old 08-20-2006, 12:17 PM   #20  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne 3FC View Post
One thing I'm confused about is the amount of rice (etc) to eat. Phase 1 says to eat 2 cups brown rice daily. Do we eat the full 2 cups, or is that a maximum amount allowed, as in eat UP TO 2 cups? Phase 2 actually specifies eat up to 2 cups. Why the difference?
Suzanne there are some things that are confusing but like you I am going to adjust. Just looked at the The Phase I plan and it calls for 2 cups of cooked brown rice each day.

I am also thinking if I have less than 2 cups of brown rice for dinner with veggies I could probably have the rest later in the evening if I am hungry.

No matter when I do a diet, any diet, my hungry time is between after dinner and bed time. Doesn't matter if I have eaten enough at each meal so that I am satisfied I can still eat. Funny this doesn't happen between breakfast and lunch or lunch and dinner.
Old 08-20-2006, 01:26 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 217/217/150

Height: 5' 3"

Smile I"m In !

Hi guys!

I purchased my Fat Smash Diet book from Walmart.com (it was the cheapest I found, $8.02 including shipping) a couple of days ago but I won't receive it until later this week. However, I would like to start the diet on Monday with everyone else. Good luck to everyone.

Old 08-20-2006, 06:21 PM   #22  
Less30

I am back...after an extended vacation. I had lost about 8 pounds doing Phase 1. I know that it is back after enjoying myself. Which only reminds me that a diet is only as good as your mental strength. I ate and ate while on vacation, cause "I was on vacation" and now I am back to being fat and frustrated. I will start back on Monday...I really liked the plan I did and I think if I lost the 40 pounds that I need to I would not be so hog wild on vacation. Most eating is emotional and I just felt fat and said what the ****...I am on vacation, I will jsut diet when I get home. Nothing coming up that will challenge my willpower so I plan to complete the 90 days of this program and be 40 pounds lighter!!!
Old 08-20-2006, 08:31 PM   #23  

Hi i'm new to the site and will be starting the diet tomorrow. i was so happy when i found this forum, i can really use the support. i have the book and read it twice. i have already made my meals for the next few days. i hope i can hang with the rest of u guys. i currently go to the gym 3-4 times per week i guess for this phase i will only do cardio. good luck to everyone starting tomorrow.
Old 08-20-2006, 10:43 PM   #24  
SonJohn

S/C/G: SW 226/ CW 207/ GW175

Height: 5'10"

Default Day 7 and - 9

It's the end of day 7 and I'm 9 lbs lighter. Having a few problems with body cramping (feet and hands mostly) any suggestions ?
Old 08-21-2006, 07:43 AM   #25  
it's always something

That's strange - are you getting enough potassium? Good sources are bananas and spinach. If it continues, you might want to ask your doctor about it.
Old 08-21-2006, 03:36 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 177/173/150

Height: 5'5"

Hi there. I'm BRAND new. I bought the book today and will be going shopping tonight. I'm nervous, but NEED to loose 20-25 pounds. I can't wait to detox (ACK). I'm really sad about no meat, cheese or diet coke for at least 9 days. BUT I CAN DO THIS!!!!
Old 08-23-2006, 09:02 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 240/233/175

Height: 5'6"

Default Today's the day!

I am beginning the Fat Smasher Diet today. Need to get the book, but think I have the idea-no coffee-ugh! Wish me luck
Old 08-23-2006, 06:42 PM   #28  
SonJohn

S/C/G: SW 226/ CW 207/ GW175

Height: 5'10"

Thanks for the tip, they seem to have subsided but I will keep your suggestions in mind
Old 08-24-2006, 05:58 PM   #29  

Hello to all out there. This is my first post EVER! I have been fat smashing for 3 days, haven't weighed since day 1, but I feel great. I have been reading over some the posts here and I had to check my book. I didn't know that I could eat brown rice! I have been strictly fruit and veggy. I did use some splenda with my tea and oatmeal. I hope that is ok. I'm glad that I'll have some other smashers to talk to. This is not as easy as I thought.
Old 08-24-2006, 08:14 PM   #30  
it's always something

Hi bayougrl, welcome to 3FC! Please eat your brown rice You are supposed to eat 2 cups of it every day. You also get a cup of oatmeal, some dairy, and other things. A little splenda is ok

Please feel free to check out our weekly thread where were share our menus and encouragement, and join us! Hopefully it will make it easier for you