Old 01-28-2009, 05:48 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 304/253/150

Height: 5'9"

Default Starting over..

Hi! I just found this place and signed up. I had been a member of the old fat smash forum when it was closed by Dr. Ians lawyers. Since losing that support system and I eventually fell of the diet and became depressed.

I just restarted this week and am in Phase I.

So I just wanted to introduce myself and say hi to everyone.
Old 01-28-2009, 08:01 PM   #2  
determined

S/C/G: 210/210/160

Height: 5'11"

I clicked on your post because of the title starting over. I too just today have made the decision to start over. Do you think we could hook up? Like be accountability friends?
Old 01-28-2009, 09:18 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 195/179/130

Height: 5'4"

Me too? I just started over yesterday too. It really helps to have someone to be accountable too. I was hoping to have someone to check in with everyday but so far this forum has been fairly quiet. I'm with you guys!
Old 01-31-2009, 04:48 PM   #4  

I would love to hook up and support each other! I started out on Tuesday so I am on day 5. I don't weigh in until thursday but I can already feel the weight loss.

What are you two doing for exercise? I am so fat I can barely walk for 20 minutes but thats what I've been doing this week. Plus we had some snow so I have had to shovel snow twice this week. So I am getting my exercise.

Anything special you like to eat in Phase I?
Old 02-08-2009, 10:03 AM   #5  

Well I finished Phase I and lost 6.4 lbs.

I have also been doing short walks about 3-4 times a week to build up my strength. I had to start out slow cause I was so out of shape I could barely walk 5 minutes without being out of breath and having a splitting backache.

Now I am up to 25-30 minute walks. I have more energy but its still somewhat painful to walk for more than 10 or 15 minutes. But I can feel the difference already and am breathing better and walking at a more brisk pace than before.

My goal is to get up to 45 minute walks within the next two weeks. I also want to be in my optimum heart rate range. Because for now I am way over it. So my secondary goal is to get my heart in better condition and to lower my BP. Wish me luck!!
Old 02-08-2009, 10:17 AM   #6  

A typical day's diet for me is:

Early morning snack:
Cup of herbal tea, small glass orange juice, banana, multi-vitamin and calcium tabs (have to watch my calcium intake at my age)

Breakfast:
Cup of hot oatmeal or Multi-grain cereal
1/2 grapefruit, glass of soy milk

Late morning snack:
1/4 cantaloupe, or cup of carrot sticks & cherry tomatos

Lunch:
Homemade Phase I veggie chile or lentil soup
1 glass 1% milk

Mid afternoon snack:
apple slices with 1/2 cup plain yogurt

Dinner:
1 cup brown rice covered with steamed veggies; or 1 cup whole wheat or multi-grain pasta covered with a low fat, low salt tomato sauce with veggies

Snack:
cup of frozen fruit or cup of frozen nonfat yogurt ice cream

This is just a sample of what I like. I vary it and try new recipes. I'm finding I need to learn to cook more dishes to keep with this diet.

Now that I am in Phase II I have added a little bit of turkey in my dinner menu and I also bought some salmon fillet. So I will have some grilled salmon and veggies for dinner tonite!! Woohoo!!
Old 02-08-2009, 10:20 AM   #7  

Almost forgot to add that I am carrying around a water bottle with me at all times so I sip water all day. Its a bit discouraging when every time I sip my wated 5 minutes later I have to go pee. But I do find it helps stave off the hungries and keep me hydrated especially since I sweat so much on my exercise walks.
Old 02-08-2009, 11:02 AM   #8  
Meow

Sounds like you are doing a really good job applevalleygirl keep up the great work! With the attitude you are displaying now, you will be fit in no time!!! =]
Old 02-10-2009, 04:34 PM   #9  

Well I'm into day 6 of Phase II. I weigh myself again this coming Thursday so I'm hoping I will have lost some more weight by then. I am also tracking my inches around my waist, hips, thigh, and bust and so far have lost 1 1/2".

I had some grilled Salmon this week and also tried a new recipe for broccoli cheese soup. I wanted to cut the fat and salt so I subbed half the cheddar for mozarella and used 1% milk instead of whole milk. It was delish!!

I've also 'rediscovered' whole wheat pita bread and flavored hummus and tzaziki (a yogurt dip). A whole loaf of pita is only 100 calories and 2 g fat. The yogurt and hummus dips are also low fat, low sugar, and low salt so they fit nicely into my diet.

I've been getting out for a walk about 3-4 times a week and am still so out of shape. But I have managed to finally lower my optimum heart rate while walking and keep it closer into my zone. But it still goes over that rate when I am walking uphill. I am still determined to get to my goal by the end of this month. And that is to be able to walk for 45 min. I would also like to be able to make it a continuous walk at a brisk pace.

Today I did a 30 minute walk and felt stronger but I still had to stop twice to rest and catch my breath. But at least I am walking with fewer rest stops and at a brisker pace. So I am hopeful I reach my goal of 45 min.

Tonite I am having homemade curry lentil soup. Mmmmm!
Old 02-10-2009, 04:46 PM   #10  
I can...and I will...

S/C/G: 202/196/160

Height: 5'6"

Good for you! I'm on day 2 of EFS. And doing fine. Slight headache and tired of peeing. If this is as bad as it gets - No Problem!!!
Old 02-10-2009, 04:51 PM   #11  

Aww! the headaches and the peeing!! LOL Yup! But keep your goal in mind and don't quit. BTW-- its okay to take an aspirin for the headache. All the peeing means you are dropping a lot of fluid so when you weigh yourself you should see some good results!!

And the headache means you are flushing your system of toxins. I used to drink coffee and cola so flushing the caffein out of my body gave me headaches for a few days.

Last edited by applevalleygirl; 02-10-2009 at 04:53 PM.
Old 02-12-2009, 01:06 PM   #12  

Today is my weigh in day. I'm sad because this week I didn't lose any weight. However, I lost 1 1/5 inches from my body measurements. I definitely feel lighter and can see changes in my body so I know its working. I will weigh in again next Thursday morning so hopefully I will get to see some more weight loss.

This week I made my own hummus:

1 can (10oz) chick peas, drained
1 tablespoon of olive oil
1/4 cup fat free chicken stock
1/2 of lemon freshly squeezed
2 tsp of crushed garlic & juice
2-3 tbs of finely chopped cilantro
white pepper

Blend altogether for about 1 minute.

OMG Yummmmmy!!! Its so easy to make and so delish! This is so good I'm going to use it as a snack food to eat with my whole wheat pita. Its low in fat, salt, and calories.

Last edited by applevalleygirl; 02-12-2009 at 01:08 PM.
Old 02-12-2009, 01:58 PM   #13  
I can...and I will...

S/C/G: 202/196/160

Height: 5'6"

Yum, the recipe looks great. Will definitely try that. I have got to take my measurements so I can track that too. Having a hard day, today, but chin is up and so far OP....
Old 02-13-2009, 05:10 PM   #14  

Today I put in another 30 minute walk. I am walking 3 times a week for 30 minutes now. I want to take walks 4-5 times a week and am very impatient to get my body going. It stills fatigues me alot doing a simple walk but I've noticed my heart rate is better and staying closer to its optimum range.

I don't know why this year is so much harder to begin again compared to last year. But its been really hard and so I am trying to take one day at a time and press on with my exercise and food requirements.

Tonite I'm gonna try sauteeing some baby spinach. I've never sauteed greens before but thought I might enjoy it. Mostly I realised that I wasn't getting enough leafy greens so I thought I would give it a shot.

I have a fillet of salmon left so I think I'll have that with the greens.
Old 02-13-2009, 07:44 PM   #15  

applevalleygirl - that sounds delish and you are doing a great job!

Last edited by NewEnglander; 02-13-2009 at 07:44 PM.