Old 08-20-2008, 02:17 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 177/174/135

Height: 5'4

Default how do I choke down this whey protein??

Maybe mixing it with milk would be better, but I tried it for lunch (I'm on EFS) with water to save calories and couldn't force it down!!! I was thinking a shake might be better too but that would require buying a blender.

Any other ideas? Please help, I can't drink it if it's always this disgusting!

Last edited by lunabella; 08-20-2008 at 02:20 PM. Reason: accidentally hit enter so it posted before I was done :)
Old 08-20-2008, 04:08 PM   #2  
Anne

S/C/G: 407/358-Dec2007/tracker/125

Height: 5'4"

If you've bought a large amount of it (ie. have to use it) I'd suggest mixing it up ahead of time and getting it nice and cold. In the past when I've had flavours I don't like I found that if it was really cold, and pre-mixed, they were marginally better. Depends on what flavour you've bought but there really is quite a difference. If where you bought it sells sample flavours try a few different kinds.

Although I can mix and drink mine with just cold tap water, I use a shaker cup to mix it. Otherwise you'll get lumps. I really do prefer them in a blender though, usually mixing chocolate flavoured powder with frozen fruit. It's a yummy post workout shake for me. I've never used it as a meal replacement and to be honest I wouldn't suggest it as one. Liquid calories are never very filling.

Oops - was going to add that I tend to mix a chocolate flavoured whey with a fruit flavoured one anyway. I'm never that fond of the straight chocolate ones and the fruit ones are often too sweet for my tastes.

Last edited by RealCdn; 08-20-2008 at 04:10 PM.
Old 08-20-2008, 10:49 PM   #3  

Height: 5'6

So stupid question, but is it in powder or liquid form? When I use to be on the track team in high school and even through my first semester of college I couldn't mix it with liquids, I would throw up. I ate a lot of yogurt, so I mixed it together. The powder didn't take long to dissolve and I couldn't taste it.
Old 08-21-2008, 12:30 AM   #4  

S/C/G: HW-300.2 GW-<175

Height: 5' 5.75"

Lots of people put it in their yogurt, cottage cheese, or oatmeal depending on the flavors. I think someone even suggested in sugar free, fat free pudding earlier.
Old 08-21-2008, 01:07 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 177/174/135

Height: 5'4

oh I didn't even think about that, that's a good idea! It's the powder form in vanilla flavor. And the only reason I'm using it as a meal replacement is that I'm on EFS and it's one of the listed 4 meals + 2 snacks for the day