Old 06-16-2008, 02:18 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 165/165/125

Height: 5'3"

Default I am new and have some questions..

Hey everyone! I am on Day 1 of FS, and so far so good.
I have been reading a lot about the Extreme Fat Smash and I'm wondering if I purchased the wrong book! I just need to lose 15-20 lbs and from what I have read it is better to do the EFS.

I just purchased the other book and currently dont have the money to purchased the EFS,so I was wondering if someone could help me out on the difference in the two? Also, do you lose weight faster on the regular FS or the EFS? Thanks for everyone's help! ~Hollie
Old 06-16-2008, 02:26 PM   #2  
I can do it!

S/C/G: 446.8/ticker/170

Height: 5 foot 7

You could probably see if your local library has EFS. I don't know anything about EFS so I couldn't tell you the difference.
Old 06-16-2008, 11:47 PM   #3  
Latoya wants to be a 10!

S/C/G: 201/184.5/160

Height: 5'5"

One difference I know of is FS requires 9 days of detox and EFS requires only 7. I think the phases are named a little differently also.
Old 06-18-2008, 11:43 AM   #4  
A Healthier Me!!!

S/C/G: 240/232/185

Hello All,

I am going to start FS next Wednesday. I am cleaning out my fridge this weekend to make room for all of the fruits and veggies!

This is much more of a mental process for me because I love fruits and veggies, I love exercise, but I also love SWEETS!!!! I have a habit of talking myself into eating bad foods when I am a work lunch meetings, family gatherings,etc. I need to learn how to make the right choices.

P.S.

I have been browsing through the site and there is a Forum titled Fat Smash Diet versus Extreme Fat Smash. It gives a detailed description of both and how they differ.
Old 06-18-2008, 09:11 PM   #5  

Height: 5'8"

Holly UA - I haven't done any research on the EFS, but if you read the book, Dr. Ian says that this isn't a fast fix. Sure, you can lose a lot on the detox phase which is fast, but the rest of the time, it's healthy to lose 1-2 pounds a week. He also says that anything that lets you lose weight fast will also let you gain it back quickly, too.

I have been doing this (with my own little flair) for about 9 months or so, and I think that it's great to teach you how to be healthy overall, and the weight loss is a result of that. Hope this helps you...even if it's not the answer you wanted. Sorry!
Old 06-19-2008, 01:26 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 165/165/125

Height: 5'3"

Hey! I am considering this a lifestyle change instead of a diet. I know that it is not good to lose weight fast in an unhealthy way..but, I usually when your diet changes from fast food everyday to healthy vegetables and fruit you lose fairly quickly at first. That is why I wondered which one made you lose the quickest. I am doing just the FS and I love it so far! I love vegetables and brown rice, and the fruit satisfies my sweet tooth!

I havent felt this good in a while!
Old 06-19-2008, 08:18 PM   #7  

Height: 5'8"

Hollie - I'm glad to hear you're approaching this the right way AND that you're feeling better than you have in a while. It is a great plan I have found, too, since it's just a natural way to live. The detox is difficult, but it still makes you feel so good. Good luck with it!