Old 06-06-2008, 07:22 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 153/153/145

Height: 5'4"

Smile Please critique my Menu

I haven't received my books yet but today I sort of started based upon the wonderful information I've been able to obtain from this board. I was hoping that some of you experienced Fat Smashers would review my food journal for today:

B - one cup of oatmeal, one cup of decaf coffee with l/f milk (8:30 A)

S - 6 oz low fat yogurt with strawberries & 1 pack of sweetner (11:30 A)

L - 3/4 c brown rice w/black soy beans and salsa, one veggie burger (1:30 P)

S - apple (3:30 P)

D - steamed cabbage w/2 t olive oil, 1/2 c brown rice, one veggie burger (6P)

S - soy milk smoothie w/ blueberries and peaches

I appreciate all comments and suggestions and thank you in advance for your help. Have a great night!
Old 06-06-2008, 08:27 PM   #2  
I luv my curves

S/C/G: 255/ticker/180

Height: 5'1 3/4

It sound pretty good to me the only thing I question was the salsa, however I am not sure.......
Old 06-06-2008, 09:39 PM   #3  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matilda08 View Post
It sound pretty good to me the only thing I question was the salsa, however I am not sure.......

Hi! Thanks for answering my post. The salsa I used didn't have anything in it except for tomatoes, peppers and onions. There was no added sugar or thickeners of any kind. It was jarred but basically like home made. I'm just sort of "practicing" this weekend and will be starting "full steam ahead" on Monday. I recently lost 70 pounds doing Medifast but haven't been able to focus and loose the last 10 pounds so I'm really ready for a change and for some REAL food!
Old 06-10-2008, 11:24 AM   #4  
new chickadee

S/C/G: 329/304.5/150

Height: 4'11"

Thumbs up

hey auntie! congrats on losing your previous weight. i know how hard it is to start a new food plan after you've been on a 'break'.

have you gotten your books yet? i wanted to tell you your menu looks pretty good except the coffee. unfortunately you're not supposed to have it the first 9 days, but after you make it thru the detox you can have one cup a day! also you're only allowed one veggie burger a day or a slice of cheese so maybe eat the veggie burger at either lunch or dinner.

after you read thru your books and do some menu tweaking you will be well on your way to smashing the fat for good! i know you can do it gurl especially if you've already dropped 70 lbs.

good luck and let me know how things are going for you. just remember to think positively!
~amy
Old 06-10-2008, 12:02 PM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by radgranolagrl View Post
hey auntie! congrats on losing your previous weight. i know how hard it is to start a new food plan after you've been on a 'break'.

have you gotten your books yet? i wanted to tell you your menu looks pretty good except the coffee. unfortunately you're not supposed to have it the first 9 days, but after you make it thru the detox you can have one cup a day! also you're only allowed one veggie burger a day or a slice of cheese so maybe eat the veggie burger at either lunch or dinner.

after you read thru your books and do some menu tweaking you will be well on your way to smashing the fat for good! i know you can do it gurl especially if you've already dropped 70 lbs.

good luck and let me know how things are going for you. just remember to think positively!
~amy
Hi Amy: Thanks for the words of encouragement and for reviewing my menu. Yes, I have received my books and I guess I must've missed something because I didn't know we could only have 1 veggie burger per day. Do you know what page that's on and does that mean on a day I have a veggie burger I can't have tofu? Also, I've switched to decaf green tea. I think his book is a little "light" on guidelines. To be honest with you, after being on Medifast for so long, I'm actually afraid I might GAIN weight doing this! There's a little voice in my head that keeps telling me I'm eating too much. For example, on Medifast you're not allowed to eat any fruit, dairy products, soy milk, brown rice etc, so eating these things is a little scary for me. I am carefully and diligently journaling everything I'm eating which I think is important to any weight loss program. If you don't mind my asking, how long have you been doing this? I like it and find it easy to do despite the fact that I'm a confirmed carnivor. I just love a big, old honking piece of steak! Thanks again and have a great day.
Old 06-11-2008, 07:57 AM   #6  
new chickadee

Talking

lol i hear ya about the steak! i love steak too, but i've been trying to stay away from it for some unknown reason. after i started the detox, i read a couple of people got sick from reintroducing red meat in phase 2 so i just started with turkey and chicken. i've replaced my beef burgers with turkey burgers and smoked sausage with smoked turkey (cook it with some onions and green peppers and serve on brown rice...mmm, mmm, good!)

i've been on the diet since may 5th, so about a month and week. i started a blog if you want to check it out: 3fatchicks.com/diet-blogs/radgranolagrl/

oh and the veggie burger information is on the page of 'allowed foods' half way down the page after the yogurt. sorry i don't have a page number right off hand (my book is out in the car).

you'll doing just fine! just remember portion control for everything but the fruits and veggies and you'll be squared away. i use a food scale because i have those same thoughts. when i went into phase 2 i was afraid i was eating too much but i still lost 2-3 pounds a week. keep it up grrlfriend!
Old 06-11-2008, 01:24 PM   #7  
I can do it!

S/C/G: 446.8/ticker/170

Height: 5 foot 7

I did phase 1 for a week and then had a chicken sandwich (we had a power outage from a tornado and McDonalds was the only thing with power) and I was so sick the next day. By the time I was finally able to get out of my house and eat a salad did not look appealing to me so I just got the sandwich I wish I wouldn't have, it not only derailed me for a couple days I was so sick I couldn't eat. I hope when I do move onto phase 2 I don't get sick from eating meat and chicken, that would be so sad.
Old 06-12-2008, 01:37 AM   #8  
new chickadee

Smile

southerngal, congrats on your weight loss!

i hope you and your family are ok after that tornado. did you have a lot of damage? living 2hrs from the coast in nc, we have to prepare for hurricane weather sometimes so i know the feeling to be without power and water for 9 days.

you should be alright after phase 1 as long as you ease into the meats. you know first hand from that chicken sandwich that your body will take some time readjusting to meat. i think it's because your body is so used to eating healthy, pure foods. my best friend went to turkey for vacation last year for 10 days and when he came home he ate a big, fat cheeseburger and fries only to be sick to his stomach for a couple of days. remember to take it one day at a time!