3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Fat Smash Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/fat-smash-diet-211/)
-   -   Fat Smash & Weight Loss Buddy (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/fat-smash-diet/139341-fat-smash-weight-loss-buddy.html)

ManDy29 06-21-2008 09:24 AM

OH yes the treadmill or elipitical... I too just stare at the timer, lol... Do much better walking outside or with someone. Yesterday I walked pretty much everywhere I went, plus my walk. Not just because I wanted to ...partly because gas is soo high and partly because I know I am going out tonight and then have a family dinner tomorrow. Plan to try and get in as much activity as I can this weekend and drink LOTS of water to make up for any "cheating" that may occur. I'm most worried about tonight, nobody knows where we are going for dinner so I will have to decide when we get to the resteraunt. And these are my best friends, from back in highschool, we go out maybe once a year, lol. So I'm pretty sure I won't be thinking fat smash the whole time. After dinner we are going to hit a few bars, my friends are married and their husbands are joining us too. Normally they end up buying us drinks, so I"m trying to get a plan before I head out. But anyway, other than that things are still going well. Sounds like everyone else is doing pretty well.

Annie, sorry to hear bout your day yesterday... I agree with Tara she had some great words of encouragement.

DIVA Welcome... glad you found us!!!

Tara I used to have a gym membership to an all women gym and I had time to go before work after I dropped my son off at school and I loved it. Went every morning. And then still walked when I could. I felt so much better, so I completely know what you mean. I got a new job two years ago in another town so had to give up my gym. I joined a gym here but it's just not the same I never go. So since I'm off in the summer my workout goal is to get back into a routine of at least moving more. I tell my son we are going to walk every morning. So far it hasn't been every morning but I have got it in some. My sister has a pool too so I'm hoping to take advantage of that too.

Hope you ladies have a great weekend!!! :D

annierew 06-21-2008 10:22 AM

Tara - to be honest about my trainer, we're doing it under the table. If I went through the gym, I would have to pay $60 an hour, but since he's just starting out, he's trying to get steady clients. So, he worked it out with a few of us that he trusts to just pay him cash during our workouts. It's quite scandalous, since I stick the money in my book and when nobody's looking, he sticks it in his pocket. Hilarious! But I promise, as soon as my next workout is over, I'll get him on a plane to Clinton Township. He won't mind! Ha ha!

annierew 06-21-2008 10:28 AM

and thank you so much for the encouraging words. I'm not letting him stop me, but it just added to a bad day, and sometimes that's all it would take to send me off plan. But, I'm trying to take it as more motivation that I can do this, and I'll show him. I'm not someone who takes nicely to people telling me I can't do something. That's actually one of the reasons why I started losing weight in the first place. Bad night with a guy (who started as a friend became more, then was back in friend category)...long story that just sucks. Now I don't even see him, but it's what forced me to start, and I just kept going. Can't wait to prove my boss wrong.

ManDy29 06-21-2008 11:14 AM

YAY ANNIE! ;) That's the way to do it... Sometimes rude/mean (or whatever you want to call em) people are all the motivation we need :D

LisaNJ33 06-21-2008 02:08 PM

Does anyone else get head aches... ugg I was feeling so good now off and on since last night I have had them. I am guess from the sugar withdrawl?

kara d bride2b 06-21-2008 03:26 PM

Annie: So sorry you had an 'ugh' day, but glad you seem to be back on your A game today. It can be easy to get thrown off course, and I am SO SO proud of you for coming home and still eating on the plan!! That takes major willpower, especially when emotions are involved. I am really proud of you. Also, I think it's a great idea to use what your boss said as motivation to get you moving. I've had people tell me that (it's usually other large people) who will say that they just don't worry about trying to lose weight because they are tired of fighting who they really are. Well, I don't want this to be who I really am, and I know I've looked/felt better, so it can't be who I really am. And like Tara said, we should always try to better ourselves. So congrats to you for using that as motivation!! :D

Mandy: Yeah, I like to walk outside too, and I'm not using this as an excuse, but I live in Louisiana, and it is SO hot here during the summer, and walking outside in the heat makes it like I've walked for 45 minutes as soon as I step outside, so I stick to indoor exercise during the summer and then do outdoor the rest of the year. We do enjoy swimming though. :)

Tara: Thanks for the info on the Podcast. I am going to read a little bit more into it. I might need to get a little bit more weight off before I start trying to run-I'm not exactly light on my feet. But I am definitely going to do that-I think it will make me feel so good to be able to run. So thanks!!! :)

Alright ladies, have a great day, and I'll check in later-I'm going bowling tonight with a big group of friends and they have THE best snack bar, but I'm not going to eat anything off it, darnit!! :D

ManDy29 06-21-2008 06:30 PM

Oh yea, I too have had headaches :(... I assume the same thing

annierew 06-22-2008 12:14 AM

Kara - hope you had fun bowling tonight and didn't give in to that snack bar. When I was at the movies last night, I heard all those bad foods calling my name. I just keep thinking, it's just not worth it. Right now I'm trying to envision how everything I eat will affect me, like if I eat that, then I'm going to feel sluggish, or I'll have to work out for five hours to burn that off, or if I eat that I'm going to feel bloated. It's making me think more about what I put in my mouth. Before I would just eat it without a second thought, so this making me think of those things and why I feel I want it.

Thanks for the encouraging words, girls. It's helping me out.

Good night! Tomorrow's another day! :D

kara d bride2b 06-22-2008 01:09 AM

Annie: It's funny how I write about one thing on one of these threads, then come to this one and see that I wrote the same thing...sorry for the redundancy!! Yeah, I didn't give in to the vicious snack bar. I talked about it on the other thread if you're interested...hehe. I am the same way as you. Salty buttery popcorn, nachos, etc. would just keep the pounds on me, and I'm trying to do the opposite, so I've got to be determined to not cheat for as long as possible. Luckily, I haven't gotten stuck in any situations where there was no on plan food, but I'm sure it will eventually happen. At least for the time being I'm a-ok!

Glad that the words of encouragement help! Have a great night! :)

janmot 06-22-2008 10:55 AM

Tara,
Thanks for the info on the podcast. I went to the site and I really think this is doable.:hug:
Jan

ManDy29 06-22-2008 05:40 PM

Ok ladies... so here is my weekend so far. Saturday night went out with friends, I ordered one drink at dinner, and did not order according to plan, but don't feel horrible about what I had. I did good the rest of the night avoided all other drinks offered to me and drank water. Today at our family gathering I took a small serving of things not on plan, and much bigger portions of veggies, I ate all the veggies first trying to fill up so that I would only eat what I wanted of the other stuff. The funny thing was the other food even after only 6 days didn't taste as good anymore. But I did eat most of what was on my plate. But the most exciting part, I declined dessert, that is just something I don't do, hence how I got to where I am lol. But anyway, haven't walked today, stayed out way too late completely unmotivated, but i did walk some laps at the track yesterday while my son had ball practice. I'll probably try and walk a lot tomorrow. And as for today trying to drink a lot of water, and eat light but on plan the rest of today.

I hope everyone else is having a great weekend, looked like we were all going to be facing temptation this weekend. Can't believe I am on day 7 already... Can't wait to weigh on Wednesday :D

kara d bride2b 06-22-2008 08:13 PM

You did great Mandy! The whole fact that you deliberately did things according to the diet (like getting small portions of everything but veggies) just shows that you were conscious of your choices, and that's the most important thing in all of this, I think. Great job!!! :) And walking around the track is awesome! That's the one thing I suffer from the most is the lack of exercise. Good thing I bowled for 3 hours last night. My abs feel like I've been doing continual crunches-haha!

Yep, I think the weekends bring the most temptation for a lot of us. Congrats for making it to Day 7-I know I couldn't wait to weigh in, and I'm sure you will do awesome!!

Have a great night everyone!! :)

Kara

annierew 06-22-2008 10:34 PM

I'm a little nervous about tomorrow with work. We have a lunch meeting with a potential client. We believe she's ordering for us, but I don't know what it will be. I spoke with my boss about seeing if I could tell the client that I would only want a side salad, but she said that it was inappropriate. I understand where my boss is coming from, but I really don't want to go off plan. It's frustrating to go into a situation blindly when I know that a major part of this is the planning. Hopefully I can make it work. I'll keep you all posted.

Well, we all survived the weekend...whew! Thank goodness that's over with. I decided to take my mind off food today and did some gardening. I forgot to put on bug spray and now look like I have the pox! You would have thought I would have caught on by the first few bites, but I didn't. Oh well. At least the house is looking a lot better. I didn't get enough mulch, so I'll be back at it tomorrow night.

One quick question for all of you...how do you deal with other people having really bad food in the house? I was able to get them to hide the bad food before my sister's wedding, so I wasn't tempted and could fit into the dress, but now they put it all out again. They eat an unbelievable amount of crap. Right now there is: potato chips, chocolate chip cookies, chocolate graham cracker cookies, graham crackers, cheese its, chocolate donuts, vienna fingers, cheese and cracker packs, ginger cookies, pretzels, tastykakes, soft pretzels and lots of ice cream. I'm probably even missing things, but I'm not going through it all to confirm! What are ways you have all resisted temptation by other people's junk in the house? When I ask them to keep it to a minimum, they tell me that I need to just have self discipline. I really want to move out on my own, but that's not an option at the moment. Hopefully I'll find a permanent full time job soon and then can move out in the fall. Let's hope!

taragettingthin 06-22-2008 11:10 PM

Hello ladies, I haven't had a chance to log in over the weekend while at home because my bf was busy fixing computer.

Well... I did okay over the weekend except little slips. Yesterday, I had skinny vanila latte... At least it was iced skinny, not like frappuccino or something like that. We went to Coney Island and I ordered a small greek salad with light dressing, I didn't touch any olives or cheese. Then at night, for some reason, I had bad cravings for whatever I couldn't have...like Sushi and chicken sandwich my bf was eating. I ate some chickpeas and it took care of it. Whew!

Today, we went to Red Robin's and I ordered the gardenburger with salsa. Well... I had like 1/4 of the bun, which I know I shouldn't have but at least it was the whole bun...and was wheat bun. I then ended up eating their fries and really didn't feel good, although it was only 4 of them. It was my first slip and am going to try not to do that anymore because it made me feel not good...

Annie, I still have all those stuff at home..and wish I could give you some good advice, but I can't. I don't know how but it's like i turned off the switch for it. I even scooped some icecream for my bf and didn't even lick the spoon. I'm sorry to hear that you are not getting support. You will be in my prayers for your job and family.

annierew 06-22-2008 11:32 PM

Thanks, Tara. I think overall, you did pretty well this weekend. We're moving right along! Woo Hoo!!

So far, I haven't had an urge to eat all that junk, but I'm trying to be proactive and figure out ways to avoid temptation before it sets in. I'm doing okay with it in the house for now, since I'm trying to figure out what the real value of eating each thing is...like how it will make me feel, how much I'll need to work out to burn it, etc. I really want to reach my goals, so I'm trying to keep planning to avoid any of these temptations.

PLUS...I have two appointments scheduled with my trainer this week. I'm getting moving, which will help me lose the weight. Woo Hoo!!!!!