Old 04-02-2008, 09:06 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 181/181/145

Height: 5'6

Default What would you do????? Phase 1 emergency!

Okay so my fiance just told me we are going out to his Dad's house on Tuesday, next week. Now on Tuesdays his Aunt cooks a home cooked meal for everybody, and it is like rude if you don't at least eat some of it. I told him it interfers with my diet, I'm in the Detox phase (which doesn't end until next Thursday)... and he said his dad is going away for 6 months on a job and that we have to go! Ughhh, I don't know what to do, because I know what is going to happen. We are going to go and I'm going to be expected to eat dinner with everyone else. Should I maybe eat light and then continue doing Detox for an extra day... what would you do... opinions opinions plz!!!!!
Also I really am having scale withdrawals and it is Day 2!
Oh, and I bought apple flavored oatmeal when I went shopping yesterday thinking that when it says Oatmeal in the book it meant that it would be okay... and now I just read the FaQ at the top about Phase 1 and it says only regular oatmeal....UGhhhhh... I'm so frustrated!

Last edited by ashisback; 04-02-2008 at 09:08 PM.
Old 04-04-2008, 01:30 PM   #2  
*My blessing is IZRAEL*

haha! You sound like I did! The oatmeal you got is ok, but I heard the regular oatmeal is better. What i did was got the "Weight Control" kind and it comes in other flavors (in packages) and if you look at the nutrition info, its better than the strawberry and peach kind flavored kind. Also, don't get discouraged about the family dinner! You don't have to eat whatever they make, but if they do, try your best to stick within the diet, but I don't think there is any harm with eating a little bit of what they make. You can always workout extra or something like that. Remember you don't have to not look at the scale. I looked! But I wouldn't do it everyday cuz you'll drive yourself crazy! Its gonna be ok girl!! =) =) =) I know it sux to be in that position though!
Old 04-04-2008, 04:09 PM   #3  
I can do it!

S/C/G: 446.8/ticker/170

Height: 5 foot 7

Speaking from what just happened to me: I thought it would be fine to have some cake for my b-day. I figured I would get back on plan and just work off the cake. My birthday was the 26th of March and I am just now getting back on plan. Maybe you can bring a salad or something with you and tell them it's not them you're just on a diet. I have found expecially in the past that the more willing you are to go off plan the more likely you are to keep doing it.