Old 07-30-2007, 08:59 PM   #1  

Default bad idea maybe? :0(

ok so it didnt dawn on me til after i did this...i got 3 cans of garbanzo (chickpea) beans...rinsed them off with water to try to eliminate some of the artifical stuff they put in the can...turned on the pan and put 1 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil in it....marinated the beans with onion powder, garlic powder, black pepper, and basil....and tossed them into the pan so i can heat them all up....well....yea...im not that much of a cooking buff so i shoulda realized this even before...i started to hear the "sizzling" sound as if it were frying...
so i was rotating the beans around so they can al get heated up....and then finished...well now im left with a bin of what im thinking to be FRIED garbanzo beans...i mean they arent "fried" per say...but...should i just toss it and not consider eating it?...im not sure this would be the same as eating regular beans that i just throw them in the pan and wait till they boil....damn
Old 07-30-2007, 09:25 PM   #2  
Time For A Change

S/C/G: 225/205/160

Height: 5"5

I really don't think that would hurt you. Besides you did use olive oil. I wouldn't through them out. T
Old 07-30-2007, 09:29 PM   #3  

yea its messing psychologically with me right now...lol...im worried that its technically "fried"...so its bad...and may screw up my 3rd week of phase 2....damn...lol...ive been averaging about 5pounds per week...
Old 07-30-2007, 11:34 PM   #4  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

If you are ok with beans and a small amt of olive oil, these are perfectly ok! There is no nutritional change that happens while frying in that small amt of oil, other than the additional fat and cals in the oil (minimal in 1 tbsp on three cans of beans).
Old 07-30-2007, 11:46 PM   #5  

great!!!...thats reassuring...ok so im deciding to stick to them this week...if i dont drop the same amount of weight...for whatever reason...im going to attribute it to these "fried" beans...and crack back to my regular plan which didnt include the herbs and spices and all the other stuff...a friend of mine told me to be careful with the powdered stuff like onion powder and garlic powder because they contain high amounts of sodium....so now im worrying about that too...i figured that the onion powder and garlid powder on their own would be just that....without any extra additives or sodium and all that crap...bah...this sucks...these litte extras are killing me...
Old 07-31-2007, 01:02 AM   #6  
it's always something

Regarding onion powder and garlic powder, those do not have added sodium so you'll be fine. It's the onion salt and garlic salt that would be off limits.

Some of the South Beachers roast garbanzo beans by tossing with a tiny bit of oil, then adding seasoning and roasting in the oven until crunchy. Makes a good snack!
Old 08-02-2007, 01:01 AM   #7  
raheemsmom

S/C/G: 317/306/180

Height: 5 feet 3 inches

Wink

Changing to this new way of preparing things is new to a few of us. Wanna hear something funny? I tried the pizza that is among the recipes for phase one (the garbanzo bean and oatmeal crust, etc, etc) It looked gorgeous once I was finished, but it tasted like something awful. I ended up tossing the crust and just dining on the toppings. It took everything not to scrub my tongue with brillo. I know that I must of did something wrong. I may try it again later.