Old 07-23-2007, 05:14 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 241/198/175

Height: 5'4

Default Burnt Out

Greetings fellow fat smashers. Just a question for the group. Who all has been on the Fast Smash Diet for a long time? If so have you gotten burnt out and if so what did you do to beat it? Me personally, I've been on the diet since February. 40 lbs and counting, but I am SOOO burnt out! I swear. It's like I'm ready to jump ship and either switch to something else or just stop and try it on my own. I know I have had wonderful sucess but I am truly feeling the blahs... Any advice or support from others who have been on the diet for a long time?
Old 07-23-2007, 05:24 PM   #2  

Gosh, that I awesome at what you have lost since February. I am starting at the same weight you have and I did not to so well for the first phase. I am hoping I will hop back on and get going again. I would LOVE to have the success you have. I feel bad because I have no advice for you on how to get out of the blah phase. I wish I did, but I just wanted to let you know that your weight loss is great and I can't wait to be there! (we are the same height also...what a coincidence)

Good luck to you!

Dana
Old 07-23-2007, 05:52 PM   #3  
Time For A Change

S/C/G: 225/205/160

Height: 5"5

I have not been on this diet long, I am just a day away from completing phase 1. It appears that if you have been on this particular diet for nearly 6 months, you have already adapted to healthy eating habit. With that being said I would no longer call this a diet its a life style change. You can still lose wait with healthy eating and excercise. Keep in mind that you are going to start incorporating other foods back into your life just in moderation and not that often. You have done exceptionally well! The weight is still going to fall off as long as you to revert back to those old eating habits. Remember, exercise does play a important role along with water.....water.....water. I know the weight is sooooo easy to put on but twice as hard to get it off. Not sure if this helps any but you can do it. Look at how far you have come already!
Old 07-24-2007, 09:36 AM   #4  

I think we can all relate to feeling burnt out after dieting for a long period of time. Heck I did Extreme Fat Smash for 3 weeks and couldn't take it anymore.

I took 4 days off and ate like a regular person, got my energy back and by yesterday, I missed my fat smash food. I'm starting phase one again today with a renewed energy and fresh motivation.

I agree with MissVee that it is a lifestyle change and we've learned how to eat healthy whole foods and feel better for it.

A suggestion could be to go to maintenance for a week or two to give yourself a break. If you let yourself go too long feeling this way, you will sabatouge yourself and get into old habits again.

Congrats on your success so far. I would be SO proud in your shoes!
Old 07-24-2007, 02:45 PM   #5  
Amanda

S/C/G: 160/147/115

Height: 5'2"

Well what have you been doing since February?? did you go through each Phase yet? How did you lose 40? I can see how you could go crazy staying on only phases 1,2 and maybe even 3 but the last step seems easy to me..almost like you could not even lose very much ..but I guess that is why it is for life.
Old 07-24-2007, 08:55 PM   #6  
chitownrn

S/C/G: 180/180/140

Height: 5'2"

Have u thought about doing the extreme fat smash version?
Old 07-28-2007, 03:48 PM   #7  
raheemsmom

S/C/G: 317/306/180

Height: 5 feet 3 inches

I agree with everyone that maybe you should take a short break. Don't give up and maybe look into spicing up the menu. At first I could not even swallow the brown rice, but looking at some different recipes is helping alot.
Old 07-29-2007, 10:39 AM   #8  
ms.extreme

S/C/G: 292/287/270

Height: 5'7

I'm on the extreme diet cycle 3 and I must say I've lost my will to be on this diet. I lost 8 lbs in cycle 1, 2 lbs in cycle 2 and none so far in cycle 3. I exerxise 6 days a week and it seems every since I started to add in regular food, my body isn't letting go of anything. I have not gained any weight back but still I would be happy just to lose 2 lbs per week. Any recommendations of how I can get reboosted
Old 07-29-2007, 10:42 AM   #9  
ms.extreme

S/C/G: 292/287/270

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by raheemsmom View Post
I agree with everyone that maybe you should take a short break. Don't give up and maybe look into spicing up the menu. At first I could not even swallow the brown rice, but looking at some different recipes is helping alot.
For some strange reason, the brown rice look more appealing to me than the white rice. I guess its because I like to experiment with different foods and the better it looks, the more I want to eat it. I've come up with so many different ways of preparing brown rice and beans, I think I should publish a book.LOL

Now, I'm starting the wheat(brown) pasta. DELICIOUS!