Old 07-07-2007, 02:09 AM   #1  
The Keymaker

S/C/G: 328/250/160

Height: 5'7

Red face Back on the wagon

So I started Fat Smashing about a month ago and made it through Phase 1 with flying colors. It was hard the first two days, but it got easier. I lost 8 pounds and was really proud of myself. But then I caught a nasty cold from my husband which turned into bronchitis (as it tends to do with my system) and I pretty much fell back into my old eating habits. So now that I've gained back what I lost and feel the most out of shape I have been in my entire life, I'm ready to start back up.

But I can't do it alone! I had some great diet buddies the first time around, but we sort of lost touch in one way or another. I think the support system on these boards is priceless and would love to hear from other newbies, other second-timers, and just fellow smashers in general!

Let's smash the fat together! I would really love to hear if there are any local smashers in the Ohio area. Thought about signing up for a marathon in like 6 months to give me a goal date and it would be great to have a partner!

Jess
Old 07-07-2007, 11:16 AM   #2  
Smashing to a fit me

S/C/G: 205/202/150

Height: 5'6"

I'll join you, though I'm not in the area, I just started and could us a friend to help me out.
Old 07-08-2007, 05:23 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 314/314/150

Height: 5' 4"

Default I'm back on the wagon also

I started the program last summer/fall and for one reason and then another quit. I was doing ok but gained back the few pounds I had lost.

I might not be able to check in every day but at least I'm in the same time zone! lol Not to mention our weights are similar and our goals probably are also.
Old 07-10-2007, 03:51 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 153/144/130

Height: 5'5

It's great to see that you've jumped back on the wagon. I first did FSD in January and lost 8 lbs then went to Aruba in March and fell off the wagon...hard! My husband decided to join me in this go around and its been much easier having him do it with me. We've been on it for 1 month and I lost 10 lbs, he lost 15 lbs. We went to St. Louis over the 4th and I gained back 2 lbs but it didn't discourage me. We knew when we came back that we'd go back to P1.

I just have to make sure that I have plenty of food prepared so I don't grab something unhealthy to eat.

Good luck and keep rollin'!
Old 07-10-2007, 05:08 PM   #5  
Started June 1st '07

S/C/G: 205/165

I'm on day 3 of FS phase 1. So far so good.

I also want to do a marathon - the Fargo Marathon is in May. I'm shooting for the 1/2 Marathon.
There's an awesome program to get started called Couch to 5k - for beginners. I'm going to start there, even though I have some running experience in the past year.

Keep up the good work - and post often - I will too !
Old 07-15-2007, 10:49 PM   #6  
Smashing to a fit me

S/C/G: 205/202/150

Well, I fell off the wagon the past couple days, but I knew I was going to, so I planned on adding extra time on P1 before moving on. I really need to buy a cheap scale to weigh myself, I haven't done it since I went to the doctor last month. Anyone done the P1 through a period? Giving up my chocolate during all the cramps is going to be hard.