Old 07-06-2007, 08:48 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 160/156/133

Height: 5'7

Red face Cycle 1 results on EFS

Hey Everyone,
I started EFS last Saturday and am on my last day of cycle 1. I know that we are not supposed to weigh until the end, but like most people I need results to keep me going.
When I weighed on my third day of EFS cycle 1 was down 3.5 lbs, and now on my last day of the cycle I am the same weight....Is it normal to lose more in the first few days and then have it taper off?
It makes me nervous to start cycle 2, I hope that I can peel off at least a few more pounds in that cycle but I am worried that my body is already getting used to the plan & exercise...
Anyone experience the same? I would appreciate any comments!
Thanks!
Old 07-06-2007, 10:43 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 154/149/135

Height: 5'2"

I also started on Saturday and as of this morning I have lost 4 pounds. I find the diet easy to follow, but I find that I am hungry after meal #4. I save a snack for the evening, but I always go to bed with my stomach growling. I haven't cheated yet, but this makes it really hard. I am doing the beta version maybe I need to go to alpha. What do you guys think?

Keep up the hard work!
Old 07-06-2007, 11:29 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 160/156/133

Height: 5'7

I am also dong the beta version. I have done more than the required exercise almost every day. I know that 3.5 lbs is about the avg, I just hope that it continues in the next cycle.
My concern is that there is brown rice for dinner many nights. After going to the gym straight from work I typically don't get home until 7 or so & I don't eat till about 7:30 which seems too late to be eating carbs...
Maybe I should move to Alpha, but I am not sure either....
Old 07-06-2007, 11:05 PM   #4  

Height: 5'3

I've been doing EFS through 3 rotations now. I lost 4 pounds the first week, then slowed down to 1 or 2 pounds a week but have plateaued for a couple of weeks (and I always have trouble breaking my plateau weight, no matter what diet so it's me not EFS). I found that I lost less the weeks that I ate less and had better results when I did the alpha version and also had my two snacks. I only went to the beta version or skipped snacks when I knew I wasn't going to be able to work out as hard. I stopped feeling bedtime hunger after the first three weeks, except for when I do the first day of cycle 1 over again, that day is always tough and it definitely feels like a way of life now. I try not to eat after 6pm, though that's not always possible. When I do, I also eat a little less at the evening meal and try to have more snacks.

Best of luck!
Old 07-09-2007, 10:40 PM   #5  
Behold the Green and Gold

Height: 5'8

Can you eat yellow rice, I know it said no white rice but what about yellow?
Old 07-10-2007, 02:05 PM   #6  

Height: 5'3

The rice needs to be whole grain brown or wild rice. I don't know what kind of yellow rice you're talking about, but the only kind I've ever seen is actually white rice colored with saffron or turmeric, so that would not fit the rules.
Old 07-10-2007, 06:30 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 240/236/185

Height: 6'

I have had the same 'success' from the first cycle of the EFS. I lost 4 in the first 2 days but stayed still from then on. To be honest though, the diet didn't fail me, I cheated and didn't exercise like I needed to. I guess that makes me an Alpha.

Oh well, here's to a better 2nd cycle!
Old 07-12-2007, 11:47 AM   #8  

It seems alot of us have had the same experience with EFS

I lost 3.4 pounds in the first 4 days and 0.4 pounds in week two and another 0.4 pounds this morning. For a total of 4.4 pounds lost in 16 days. That's more than enough to keep me going.

A note that I switched from beta to alpha a couple of days ago and added a third snack because I didn't have enough energy to exercise as intensely as I like.
Old 07-14-2007, 03:26 PM   #9  
Behold the Green and Gold

Height: 5'8

Thanks for responding, i'm not much of a cook and i didn't know if yellow rice was just white rice covered with some type of seasoning.