Old 06-25-2007, 04:43 PM   #1  
Determined to succeed.

S/C/G: 230/ticker/130

Height: 5' 3"

Unhappy Bathroom Problems Normal on Day 1 of Detox?

Sorry in advance, this is kind of gross, but I just wanted to see if the rest of you have experienced similar symptoms while on the detox phase of the program. I followed the plan almost to the letter yesterday (not sure if the dressing I had was low fat), but I had plenty of fruits and vegetables. I had oatmeal for breakfast, plenty of water and I had 5 meals, spaced about 3 hours apart.

By bedtime, my stomach started bubbling and (again sorry!) I had major diarrhea at night and again this morning. Is this part of the detox process? Is my body getting rid of nasty toxins that are in my body? Or is it just because of the veggies? Also, is this going to keep happening for the next 8 days?

Let me know....
Old 06-25-2007, 04:50 PM   #2  
Finding My Bliss

S/C/G: Fit & Fat!

Height: Tall & Strong, Baby!

What do you normally eat? If your diet prior to Phase 1 was vastly different from Phase 1, you likely are responding to that with the gastrointestinal issues you describe. You probably ate more fiber yesterday than you ever do! Hope you feel better shortly.
Old 06-25-2007, 05:16 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 380/286/175

Height: 5' 6"

Grace - I actually laughed out loud when I read your post, even though I realize that it's not that funny to you. There are so many posts here that I can identify with, and yours is one of the best!

I was just talking to my sister yesterday about how I have never spent as much time in the bathroom as I have since I started FS. OK - let's stay graphic - both #1 and 2!! But my tummy did settle down after a few days. I still have moments of "rumbly tumbly", but nothing like the first 2-3 days.

But, I figure that (A) - I'm eating way more fiber and (B) - If I'm going to lose it, it has to go somewhere. If it goes down the sewer, I can't get it back!

Don't worry - I think you'll get used to it. If not, I'd check with a dr. just in case. Good luck -
Old 06-25-2007, 11:40 PM   #4  
Newbie on a Mission!

S/C/G: 218/198/170

Height: 5'10"

I'm sorry to hear that you're having a rough time with it. I'm actually have the opposite problem.

Are you eating any rice or oatmeal? That may solidify things up a bit for you. Good luck, Hon!
Old 06-28-2007, 06:23 PM   #5  
Off the chain, bizzurd

S/C/G: 248/180/150-135

Height: 5'9"

For the first few days-nothing. I mean nada.

Then, starting yesterday, it was all the time. i'm glad I was home today, because I have been in and out of the bathroom alllll day. Glad to see others are experiencing the same thing.

I hope it means I'm losing weight, LOL!
Old 06-30-2007, 05:27 PM   #6  
No longer super size!!!

S/C/G: 282/ticker/190

Height: 6' 0"

I didn't have the BGs (bubble guts) but I go waaaaayyy more frequently now.