Old 06-14-2007, 09:09 PM   #1  

Default Exercizing Questions for Extreme Fat Smash! Please Help!!

I am on day 4, cycle 1 of the extreme fat smash diet. I like it and I am really hoping that it will work but I am not noticing much difference right now. I have been following the diet EXACTLY. The exercise too but here is my question..............

On certain pages of the book under each days exercise description he specifies to stay in the fat burning zone for your heart rate. My question is, are we supposed to stay in the fat burning zone EVERY time we exercise or just where specified? Also, I was looking ahead to cycle 2 and in the exercise section on a few days he describes some ideas for what to do during the 55 min workout. Sometimes he suggests running/walking, or the elliptical, and THEN he mentions the exercise bike and in parentheses he says to stay in the fat burning zone-but only by the bike part. And if he asks us to run, is it ok if we are not in the fat burning zone? Because I know that if I run or go on the elliptical my heart rate will shoot up and it will definitely NOT be in the fat burning zone. I am so confused!!!

What kind of results has everyone gotten?? I am getting worried that I wont see any results and I am working so hard! I find I am hungry a lot through the day so it gets hard to stick to it when I am not seeing any changes. So since I cant encourage myself by my own results,....maybe you guys can encourage me by your results! I hope you are doing well!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-14-2007, 09:24 PM   #2  
it's always something

I think he wants you to stay in the fat burning zone each time. I noticed in this and the first book that he tends to "remind" us of things every now and then, even if he doesn't consistently repeat them throughout the full text.

It sounds like you are very dedicated and are doing everything right. Try not to worry about results. Everyone's result may be different, but you'll definitely get something out of it. Congrats on putting forth the effort, we look forward to your success story
Old 06-18-2007, 04:01 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 225/ticker/158

Height: 5ft 7in

I wouldn't worry about not seeing results after only 4 days. If you stick to the plan you'll see results over the long haul. I lost 17 pounds after my first 4 weeks on EFS and I didn't follow the exercise plan exactly.
Old 06-18-2007, 07:05 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 372/310/170

Im on Day one of cycle 2...per my work schedule I get hardly any exercise...Ive lost about 6 pounds
Old 06-22-2007, 09:07 PM   #5  

so can you eat and not exercise
Old 06-22-2007, 10:46 PM   #6  

Height: 5'3

Yes, you can do just the diet and not exercise, but it's not recommended because exercise will help keep your metabolism up and you will lose more weight if you do the exercise. I had the flu and a sprained ankle during the first three weeks I did this diet, so I lost about 9 pounds instead of the promised 15.