Old 05-12-2007, 12:09 PM   #16  
- ArMy WiFe -

S/C/G: 155/150/125

Height: 5'3

Can Someone Help Me Im Not Sure Im Using This Website Correctly
Old 05-12-2007, 12:13 PM   #17  

Height: 5'6

I've also tried Weight Watchers in the past and did exactly what you did! I just don't know why no matter what I do, I DO NOT lose weight!!!!??!??!?!?!?
Old 05-12-2007, 07:13 PM   #18  

Hi.

I am on day three/phase 1 of the original Fat Smasher diet and I have been doing very well. I haven't cheated at all and don't plan on stepping on a scale till after all 9 days are up. I definitely don't want to get discouraged if there is no immediate weightloss.

Although I have gotten through these three days with ease, I know that after a few more days of veggies, brown rice and beans, I am going to start to crave other things.

If anyone has any great recipes or snack ideas, please pass them along.

Old 05-12-2007, 09:53 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 241/233/135

Height: 5'6"

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by tintangel View Post
I am in day 3 of phase 1 from normal fat smash diet.

I had good days so far. Yestrday stopped my temptation to eat pizza when i was out with sis at Pizza Hut. Took a tomato basil soup.

How much people usually lose on phase 1 9 days ?

Thanks.
I think the amount of weight you lose in the first 9 days really depends on each individual person and exactly what you're eating. I had A LOT of stuff the first time I did FS that I wasn't supposed to have. Not intentionally but until I read the thread that showed what Dr Ian said about various foods and beverages you should avoid until phase 2. Still, I went from 260 to 249 in the first 9 days. I weighed myself on day 1 and again on the 10th day (after I had completed 9 days) and I was really impressed. This time I will be 100% compliant with phase 1 and I hope to at least match the 11 pound loss this time around.
Old 05-12-2007, 10:03 PM   #20  

Also, due some unforseen bumps in the road I wasn't able to shop last night and will now be starting phase 1 tomorrow. The good thing is that it allowed me to purge my kitchen of all of the foods and beverages I can't have with the exception of the things I buy specifically for my children. Good luck everyone. I'm sure that if we support each other we'll all be successful.
Old 05-12-2007, 10:40 PM   #21  

Default Hi

Thanks a lot Tai,

I am glad to see so many people doing the FS. I am doing it now and have not yet felt any craving or hunger any time. It is a very filling diet rich in fibre. I shall let you all know how I progress. I have not so far have major slips except may be some cottage cheese and larger portion a few times.

many thanks for the support. From Monday, there seems many people joining in.

Cheers.
Old 05-13-2007, 01:09 AM   #22  
chrystal11705

S/C/G: 215/198/145

Height: 5'4

My mom had great success on WW too. She lost alot of weight and I had never seen her look so happy, a skinny. She was bigger for as long as I could remember. She ate pretty healthy and used her points wisely. However, she grew tired of eating all the processed foods and fake butter and sugar. Did you know they bleach the ingred. used in margarine because they turn black during the process. Then they add dye to make it the yellow color...That changed my mind about that stuff real quick.
Old 05-13-2007, 02:33 AM   #23  

Hi there...I'm on day 6 of the FSD and good grief....it was super hard at first but I'm getting used to it now. My scale shows that I have dropped 8 lbs already and those results are better than when I lost on Atkins. I really have to get my weight under control because I have PCOS which affects fertility and can lead to diabetes. Let me know if you wan to chat via aim or myspace because it's always good to have a buddy. I'm so motivated that I may eat normal for 2 days then start smashing again!
Old 05-13-2007, 08:47 AM   #24  

Hi All! I am doing Fat Smashers too, so I am with you all! I love it so far. I am seeing results. Today is mothers day, so I am going to cheat some, but I will go back on phase 1 tomorrow!

Happy Mothers Day to all the Mamas here!!
Old 05-13-2007, 08:56 AM   #25  
Caroline

Height: 5'0"

I'm on day two now and I spent all day yesterday starving. Maybe it wasn't such a good idea to start during PMS, but if I'm going to do this diet long-term, I'm going to hit PMS eventually. I didn't cheat, though, and I'm about to go make some oatmeal, so hopefully I'll make it through day two as well. One day at a time is how I will survive detox. And here I didn't think this was going to be hard for me at all!
Old 05-13-2007, 10:24 AM   #26  

I found this board and I was just going to lurk and learn but I decided to join and actively participate I have done fatsmash detox with great results but I fell off after phase I, this time I want to see it through and see just what I can do. I haven't weighed yet but I know it is waaay too high so I am starting fm tomorrow. I am sooo looking forward to this!
Can anyone recommend a good workout dvd?

Good luck everyone!
Old 05-13-2007, 12:10 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 192/192/150

Hello everyone I am so glad all of you are here to join me on this journey. Since it seams that the majority of us are on the original FatSmash plan I will be starting a weekly support thread for us to just check in with each other and keep ourselves motivated. Right now I am getting my grocery list together and go to the store. I am very excited and feel real positive about this. I bought the EFS book but like someone else said on this thread it seemed to extreme to me and also I am concerned that once I lost the weight I would put it back on after I was done with the diet. I know that with original FS it helped me train myself to have better eating habits. I am glad we are all here and am looking forward to embarking on our journey together. Happy Smashing!!!!
Old 05-13-2007, 12:14 PM   #28  

Hello everyone and Happy Mother's Day to all of my fellow mothers!!! Well, today is now officially my day 1 and so far so good. For those of you who have already started, keep up the good work. Today is a day for celebrating mothers and even if you're not a mother, you have one so don't be too hard on yourself if you cheat a little today. Just remember not to go overboard. Most importantly, don't beat yourself up tomorrow for what you do today and I'd recommend not weighing yourself tomorrow. The "damage check" can backfire sometimes. Especially if you either lose some weight still or maintain your weight. It makes cheating more often easier because you rationalize with yourself that you've cheated before and either had no setbacks or still dropped X amount of weight. Even worse is when you hop on the scale and see that you've gained a significant amount of weight. You don't want to end up eating the wrong things if you're an emmotional eater.

thistoo...
Something I learned my first time around the block with FS....Water is your friend. In between your meals and snacks try drinking a cup or bottle of water. I know it probably seems like you're drowning in water drinking it all day already but it helps. Also, it's good for you. We all hate retaining water. The funny thing is; the more water you drink, the more your body disposes of. So, you combat the water retention when you flood your system. I know this not only from personal experience but also from the career I had in the Navy before I decided to go back to school and pursue a degree in a field totally removed from the medical field. You can always check with your own doctor or nurse if you would like to hear it from a practicing professional. I'm not sure if Web-Md would have anything about it but that's always another good source to get more information. Mostly, I want to say that you have our support in this one day at a time journey. Reach out whenever you need a helping hand or just need someone to talk to. I personally have yahoo and msn messenger services and will log on to chat with any of you. I'm usually pretty fast replying to email also.

God Bless and keep smashing everyone.
Old 05-13-2007, 12:55 PM   #29  
I will lose it this time!

S/C/G: 227/221/145

Height: 5'3

Hi Everyone,
I am starting Extreme Fat Smash Monday, May 14. I bought the book last night and have almost finished reading it. I am looking forward to this diet and hope I get some better results than I have in the past. I love to workout so that part of the diet is great for me. After I jumpstart my weightloss with EFS, I am going to go right into the orignal FS. I got that book also. I am sick and tired of my size 16 BabyPhat jeans, size 10 here I come!!! So I am ready to start with everyone else!

Last edited by HotMom27; 05-13-2007 at 01:00 PM. Reason: Forgot to add something!!
Old 05-13-2007, 02:16 PM   #30  
Caroline

Height: 5'0"

Hi Tai, thanks for the encouragement. I do drink a lot of water every day -- I try to take in at least 80 ounces a day, sometimes more than that. Unfortunately my body is being stubborn. But I'm halfway through day two now, and while I'm still hungry, it's not unbearable, so I think I'll make it through the whole nine days. I just went shopping and bought a ridiculous amount of fruits and vegetables, so at least there's plenty of food in the house. Now I just have to convince myself to go to the gym.