Old 05-09-2007, 05:04 PM   #1  

Question EFS and working out

Hi everyone. I was just wondering what everyone does for their up to 60 mins of cardio a day. I'm finding it a bit hard, lol.
I don't belong to a gym, I workout at home, so if anyone has any at home ideas, that would be great. I do have a treadmill, but I get bored of it quickly.
I've also found that my energy is just zapped (I'm on day 3 of the 1st cycle) and it takes a lot to make me do anything, lol. But so far I'm keeping to it!! I did wonder if anyone else felt that way though...
Thanks!!
Old 05-10-2007, 10:47 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 150ish/???/125

Height: 5'2"

One thing that might be fun is to do 30 minutes of speed intervals on the treadmill and then 30 minutes of hill intervals... that could mix it up. Also, do you have a TV near the treadmill you can watch? Or music? That always makes the time go faster. You can also alternate walking outside or rollerblading (if you have rollerblades!) Or you can get a workout DVD or rent one from the library. Hope these help!
Old 05-10-2007, 10:28 PM   #3  

Height: 5'3

I've been going to Jazzercise, walking, and playing raquetball for my exercise. I've been feeling weak which makes it hard to work out as intensively as I want to. I've been noticing that my dumbells are feeling much heavier than usual and the toning work is feeling harder. Probably some muscle burn as well as fat? It helps a little to have a handful of raw almonds or some soy milk about a half hour before exercising and then one of my meals right afterwards.
Old 05-11-2007, 08:57 AM   #4  

Thanks for the help. We don't have any gym or classes around here, we live out in the "sticks" a bit. I'm on Day 5 and I am feeling very weak today, but hopefully I can force a workout later on. Good to know I'm not the only one who has that weak feeling. It's a bit discouraging...Anyways, I'm hanging in!

Quiltz, you and I have about the same stats, btw.
Old 05-11-2007, 09:20 AM   #5  
*~HONEY BUN~*

S/C/G: 151/150/130

Height: 5'5

I take my son out for an hour walk in his stroller if I can't go to the gym. Also TAE BO is good cadio. So just do that. You gete such a good work out with that! You'll sweat a whole lot!