Old 03-19-2007, 01:18 PM   #1  
Optimistic Lady

S/C/G: 275/275/160

Height: 5' 7"

Default Fat Smashers Weekly Weigh In~ 3/19-3/25

Down another 5. Hoping for 10 this week!
Old 03-19-2007, 02:44 PM   #2  
a new me

S/C/G: 200/192/145

Height: 5'2"

good job on the 5 lbs. You're just melting away. I was down 2 after this weekend. Looking for that last 3 before the end of the month. I just need to plan a little better. So with that said I will be 185 be April 1.

How's your eating going? I know you said that you wern't doing Fat Smash strictly.
Old 03-19-2007, 03:33 PM   #3  
Making it happen

S/C/G: 160/130/128

Height: 5' 4"

Down 1 lb. Not really doing very well this go 'round. I think I have restarted phase 1 just about everyday this week unsuccessfully...
Old 03-19-2007, 08:58 PM   #4  
Spin Shell Spin

Height: 5'6"

Well, finally stepped on the scale and down 7lbs!! I'm kind of happy but diappointed. I did P1 back to back (on the 16th day) and expected to lose more weight. However, I've noticed a lot more lean muscle from hitting the gym and muscle weighs more than fat so I'll take it!!
I'm staying away from the scale for at least another week or so. I really don't like that thing and I swear it calls me!!
Old 03-19-2007, 09:34 PM   #5  
lem
Lem

S/C/G: 163/136/130

Height: 5'7"

congrats to all of you! I look forward to weighing in on Fri. Detox started (AGAIN) for me today after falling off the wagon last week and I will take ANY loss. I usually stay off the scale until the 9 days are up but I just can't this week..I need to see at least a lb or 2 loss by Fri so I can stay motivated. Have a super smashing week everyone. Lem
Old 03-21-2007, 08:18 PM   #6  
11 months til my wedding

S/C/G: 241/217/140

Height: 5'4"

Red face cheating

well, had a great time in Chicago! The food was fab and so was the concert. Gained a couple of pounds as a result (I downed a bag of Cadury Mini-eggs, on top of everything else) but I was expecting to. Getting back on track this week, and trying out a couple of new recipes.
Old 03-22-2007, 12:41 AM   #7  
a new me

Hi all,
glad to see everyone doing so well. my eating has been pretty good. I actually made Salmon patties for a friend. I fried hers and sauted mine with Pam. they were still good. And I eliminated the crackers i use to coat them. We also had these Thai lettuce wraps for dinner. Not sure if they were alltogether FS appropriate, but i stir fryed some veggies and figured i'd more than made up for the plum sauce in the wraps.

So I begin phase 3 tomorrow, but don't feel as confident going into it. P2 has been great, but adding that bread and pasta just might get me. So I may just keep doing what I'm doing. I don't feel like I'm missing anything much.

Oh had a question? Do you all eat rice regularly? I usually eat oatmeal, and beans. I'm not much of a rice eater, so that is soo hard for me to get in regularly/
Old 03-22-2007, 04:13 PM   #8  
lem
Lem

Hi Lovemacon-

You are doing so great on FS!!! Congrats!

I eat rice about 3-4 days a week. I like it best when I make fried rice...its my favorite when I have time to cut up all the veggies and saute them. When I don't, I eat my steamed broccoli w/ rice mixed together, some Lawrys seasoned salt and a few sprays of I Can't Believe Its Not Butter. I also like to make a chicken/rice casserole or put it in the slow cooker. I put a 1/2 or whole chicken (or you can use boneless breasts if you don't want the bones) in the slow cooker w/ a few cans of chicken or veggie broth(or a combo of each), chopped onions, celery & carrots & cook it all day. The last hour I add a bag (the boil in bag instant brown) of rice and another can of broth. It is so good! Sometimes I will do this same thing w/ more broth and make a chicken/rice soup. You can do the same thing and cook it in the oven as a casserole. Salmon patties sound good, I haven't had them in ages. P3 would be very hard for me as I have never made it that far. I do 1 & 2 but am afraid I can't be trusted w/ bread and pasta because they are like dessert for me - I don't know when to quit. Keep us posted and let us know how it goes if you make the transition.

I have 5 more days on detox this time around. I haven't had any problems this week staying on track or getting in my cardio each day. I will do my weekly weigh in tomorrow and see what happens.

Have a great rest of the week everyone! Lem
Old 03-23-2007, 08:45 AM   #9  
lem
Lem

I weighed in at 136 today...my lowest ever. I am so happy. Detox ends Tues but I might stay on it a few days longer. Easter weekend will be here soon and that is a huge food eating weekend w/ my family. I should make my new goal of 130 within 2-3 weeks. Good luck and have a great weekend.

Lem
Old 03-23-2007, 11:15 PM   #10  
a new me

Well I weighed in today and I am down 20...check out my ticker!
I usually do a Friday and Monday weigh in. that way I won't cheat on the weekend.
I just started p3 and had my first piece of bread since Feb 20. Actaully it was a whole grain pita. I know he says bread, but I figured that was just as healthy as 2 pcs of bread. I put some spinich and grilled chicken and roasted red pepper, salsa and some avacado in it. It was good, but I am not going to get into the habit of eating a lot of bread. I think it will be too much of a trigger for me.

Lem-congrats on the loss. Sounds like your doing well.
Have a good weekend all.
Old 03-25-2007, 01:15 PM   #11  
lem
Lem

Good job lovemacon! 20 lbs is awesome! Pita sounds so good about now - I used to eat all my sandwiches on whole grain pita pockets, I miss them Have you tried the flat tortilla looking things they use for roll ups? I also like them and they have them in whole grain (I think they are about 70-100 calories). They have them at WalMarts grocery. They also have a website listed on the wrapper that has great recipes. They are also great to bake and make a very thin crust pizza, just fyi.

I am sad the weekend is nearly over, it has been so beautiful here - 80 degrees the last 2 days! We are back to mid 50s next week.

Talk to you chicks later! Lem
Old 03-25-2007, 05:05 PM   #12  
a new me

Lem,
Thanks for the pizza tip. If there's one thing I'm missing is pizza. I could make my own with that rollout thing using tomatos and veggie cheese. I was wondering if those were ok for p3 or not. It's soo hard because he's kinda vague in the book, plus I think I have the first run copy. I was in target yesterday and saw a second printing of the book. It had additional recipies and workout stuff in it. The weekend has been pretty good. I made a soup out of pureed garbonzo (chick peas) that was fantastic. I got the recipe out of the parade magazine a few weeks ago. I put it over brown rice and had a salad with it. The only thing I didn't do was use light coconut milk. I just used the regular, so I have to cut somewhere else. I also went to a birthday party and managed to do pretty good. It was mexican food (like chipolte) but I stayed away from the rice and the chips and just made a salad. I also ate just a little bit of ice cream and no cake. and ice cream is allowed in p3. overall I feel like I am doing good. It's been so nice here I've been getting about a 2-3 mile walk outside. But my DH is back to work early tomorrow so it's back to my watp videos. They're good, but I like walking outside better. My new mini goal is 178 by the end of April. So help me out chicks.
Hope you all start your week out smashing. I am!
Old 03-25-2007, 05:10 PM   #13  
a new me

Another question for you lem, when you do your chicken and rice, if you don't use instant rice, should I just add it in the beginning since it takes so long to cook? i am a true cookbook cook, so I follow all of the rules at first, then i try and do some experimenting after that.
Old 03-26-2007, 05:08 PM   #14  
lem
Lem

Hi lovemacon - I always use instant rice just because thats usually what I have on hand and I add it to the crockpot the last hour I am cooking the chicken (I sometimes have to add more broth at that point too). When I have cooked in a casserole in the past, I went ahead and used the traditional brown rice dry but it is hard for me to judge how much I need. Sometimes I had too little and sometimes it was overflowing in the pan You could add just regular brown rice in the crockpot in the beginning but I have always been afraid if I wasn't there to watch it, it would absorb all the broth and stick. I guess you can do what works for you Lem