Old 03-12-2007, 09:00 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 240/225/150

Height: 5' 7 "

Default Fat Smashers Weekly Support~ 3/12-3/18

Good Morning Smashers!

Sorry to have been missing in action for so long. My whole family came down with the flu. But, I am happy to say that we are all well now. Dh came home from work a day early because he was so sick. I didn't even know he was coming home. He came in the door and I knew he was sick. He was burning up with fever. But, he left this morning to go back to work for 18 days. He is going to try to make up for the time he missed.

So how is everyone doing? Still smashing??? I have been off plan.. but I am going to get back at it soon.

Brandilynn~ Hi! Good to see you back!

I hope you all have a great day!!

Sherry
Old 03-12-2007, 10:21 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 205/195/135

Height: 5'2

We certainly missed you. Sorry for the down time but glad everybody is on the mend. GREAT! to have you back.
Gelli
Old 03-12-2007, 12:11 PM   #3  
lem
Lem

S/C/G: 163/136/130

Height: 5'7"

Hi Sherry,

We all go missing from time to time I hope you are doing well and enjoying this beautiful weather! I am back to detoxing today after 2 weeks off the wagon. What phase are you on?

I hope everyone is well! I am going to go back and try to catch up on what is going on. Lem
Old 03-12-2007, 03:44 PM   #4  
Optimistic Lady

S/C/G: 275/275/160

Height: 5' 7"

Sorry to hear about your family all being sick Sherry. Thats just not fun! And you were missed on the boards...I think everyone was a bit lost without our weekly weigh in and support reminders

I lost an additional 6 pounds this week bringing my total to 31 since I started fat smash 5 weeks ago. I have strayed a bit from the plan after my 3 week induction. Basically I am doing low cal right now, but will be going back to induction after my weight loss contest is over in 11 days. I am currently in second place by 1% point of body weight lost. My only real competition has been the guy. I'm staying positive and optomistic about winning still....I could use a cruise

Keep up the good work everyone. Weight loss is not easy but it is SO worth it!
Old 03-12-2007, 03:59 PM   #5  

Height: 5'10"

Nice work, Sbebs!

I'm checking in today, too. Down 25! I just re-claimed a closet-full of old work pants and jeans!
Old 03-12-2007, 06:39 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 240/225/150

Height: 5' 7 "

Hey all,

Good to see everyone again! We have had beautiful weather here today. Joshua and I walked and walked today. He loves it. I love getting out of the house and breathing fresh air.

Lem~ Hey! I am loving this weather! I am starting phase 1 AGAIN!!! I do really good with it for about 6 days or so... then I seem to lose it. Gonna give it another shot.

Hi to everyone else!!!
Keep Smashing!!

Sherry
Old 03-12-2007, 08:06 PM   #7  
11 months til my wedding

S/C/G: 241/217/140

Height: 5'4"

Smile welcome back

Glad to have everyone back! Glad you're feeling better Sherry, it's awful being sick.. I had it right after Christmas.
Sbebs, good luck with the contest! I have my cruise next Feb, and I can't wait!
s2theb, I am sooooo jealous! I have several totes full of clothes I haven't fit into in the last 5 years, some I've never worn! I can't wait to be able to get into them.
Good luck getting back on track Lem!
It was beautiful here too, tomorrow is supposed to be even better! Of course I have to work.. , and of course it's supposed to be cold and yucky on Friday, when I go to Chicago! Oh well. Can't have everything I suppose.
Old 03-12-2007, 08:28 PM   #8  
Back to make it to goal!

Location: Seattle, but an Original CA girl! I miss the sunny days!

S/C/G: 204/see ticker/140-135?

Height: 5'3

Hello everyone! I'm sorry I've been MIA lately. We've had a lot of stuff going on, so I haven't really been able to hop on here. I hope everyone is doing well.
I haven't really been good at following the diet. But I decided to modify everything and do it at my own pace. I think I was just too hard on myself, so I let it go. But I'm still exercising and eating in moderation.

Sherry glad to see you're feeling better!!! The flu is not fun at all.

Lem Great to see you back!!

Gelli, Sbesi, and Dragon...glad to see you guys on here!!!! Pretty soon, you'll be known as the veterans! LOL Well I will check in with you guys! Talk to you later.

Love

T
Old 03-12-2007, 11:45 PM   #9  
Spin Shell Spin

Height: 5'6"

Hi everyone! I've decided to start the month off right and started smashing! I'm doing something a little different where I'm doing phase 1 for double the time. I've also commited myself to the gym, ALOT!! I do spin classes a min of 3 times a week and pilates at least 2. Cardio kickboxing is a plus on Wed if I can get out of work in time!! Anything in addition to that is a plus! I refuse to get on the scale but I've already noticed a huge difference and it's only Day 8.
It's my second time around Smashing and I really wish I had this site the first time. Thanks and good luck....March on!!!

April 3 - Extreme Fat Smashing Begins!!
Old 03-12-2007, 11:46 PM   #10  
Spin Shell Spin

Hi everyone! I've decided to start the month off right and started smashing! I'm doing something a little different where I'm doing phase 1 for double the time. I've also commited myself to the gym, ALOT!! I do spin classes a min of 3 times a week and pilates at least 2. Cardio kickboxing is a plus on Wed if I can get out of work in time!! Anything in addition to that is a plus! I refuse to get on the scale but I've already noticed a huge difference and it's only Day 8.
It's my second time around Smashing and I really wish I had this site the first time. Thanks and good luck....March on!!!

Glad to hear everyone is feeling better, Stay Well!!

April 3 - Extreme Fat Smashing Begins!!
Old 03-13-2007, 09:36 AM   #11  
lem
Lem

S/C/G: 163/136/130

Height: 5'7"

Shell - sounds like you are kicking butt at the gym, thats great! Keep up the good work. I almost always do P1 back to back instead of moving to P2 because I always fall off the wagon on P2!

Tinky - glad to see you are still around. You can't beat yourself up over dieting/exercise. I learned that the hard way. I wanted to drop my weight and be in shape in 2 months and it doesn't always work exactly like you think it will. Real life gets in the way - holidays, family, vacation etc. But, I am glad mine has come off a bit more slowly because I think it will help me keep it off long term. I am sure you will do great!

Dragongoddess - I don't think you were around when I was here a bit more regularly but welcome just the same. 11 months til the wedding? Thats great! I jsut got married a month ago Congrats!

Sbebs - wow! You are losing it fast, that is so awesome. Keep up the great work!

S2theb - Doesn't it feel great to have new clothes? I did the same thing, I found so many things that I could wear again. Unfortunately I didn't dig things out soon enough and came across a few things tht were already too big but I am not going to complain about that!

Sherry - C'mon girl - lets ride out this detox for the full 9 days! We can do it! day 1 was fine for me yesterday and I went to the store last night so I am prepared. Sorry everyone was sick, I missed a week of work myself a few weeks back so I know how bad it was this year.

I weigh in on Fridays and I will continue to do so even though the end of my detox isn't until next week. I have to keep myself in check and I wasn't able to weigh in last Fri. I am just hoping to be in the 138-139 range and am looking for a 4 lb loss on detox - trying to be realistic and anything more will be a bonus. I am still jazzercising daily and using light weights to work my arms 3 days a week. I haven't been running like I was before I was sick but I am going to get back to that now that warm weather is here. Once I get to my goal I am going to start weight training for my entire body. I don't want to stall my loss while on detox

Good luck everyone! Lem
Old 03-13-2007, 06:25 PM   #12  
11 months til my wedding

S/C/G: 241/217/140

Height: 5'4"

Unhappy slacker

well, I'm slacker right now. That junk treadmill I have is driving me crazy! The incline was so steep I had to hang on for dear life, and it was bothering my back, so I lowered it, well.. now, the darn thing won't run! I put it on high, (9 mph) and it only goes 2.3 with me on it. Crappy motor! Yes, I could go outside, but I won't do it. That's why I never exercised before. I won't do it if I have to leave my house. So, I guess I'll be doing a whole lot of nothing until I get my elliptical, which has just moved way up in priority! Weigh in tomorrow.. hope I'm down another 3!!
Old 03-13-2007, 09:52 PM   #13  
Spin Shell Spin

Smile

Sorry about the double post, I don't know how I do that!

That's exactly why I'm doing P1 back to back, you give me a little more food in P2 and I'm done for !! It's tough living in CA with all of the good Mexican food, that's my biggest downfall!! It's much easier to do P1 with all of the organic and fresh fruit and veggies here. The varieties are endless. Although I REALLY want an Avocado!! Maybe I'll let myself have a slice in a few days!!

Dragongoddess - Try doing some yoga or pilates. The exercise helps with the weight loss but even doing some pilates can burn some serious calories and gets you abs nice and tight! When it's nice out, make some time and go for a walk!

Sherry - Stick with it, you're almost there!! Get a shopping list together of all the fruits and veggies you like and go for it! I made some brown fried rice last night with fresh veggies and it came out pretty good. It's time to get creative!!

S2theB - Great job! Isn't it great to slip into something and have it be big on you?

Everyone Else - KEEP SMASHING and keep up the good work.

Just a little suggestion - Try to hang up a little reminder somewhere in your house to keep you motivated. I got this idea from my spin instructor. He comes into the class and hangs a bikini up in the front of the class. If that isn't motivation, I don't know what is!! I have a picture of myself on the heavier side and one of me on the slimmer side and just looking at and comparing the two keeps me on track!! You have to find what works for you!
Another suggestion is Yoga . It totally relieves you of stress and relaxes you. Stress is one of the main factors of weight gain. I do yoga at least once a week and I come out with a whole new outlook and geared up to keep smashing despite what obstacles lie ahead.

Take care everyone!!
Old 03-14-2007, 12:28 AM   #14  
a new me

S/C/G: 200/192/145

Height: 5'2"

Default Checking in

Hello to all of those returning and the newbies. Well today wasn't the best day, but it wasn't the worst. I'm not going to beat myself up about it though, because if I am bless with it, tomorrow is a nre day and another opportunity to do better. SOOOOO saying that, I will just recap my day. I had this Ezekiel cereal. Anyone know about it? It tastes like tree bark, and I'm not alltogeter sure it's an approved food. (I'm in p2 now) but I ate about 1/2 to 3/4 cup with strawberries and banans in it. Then I worked out. After that i think i ate a string cheese. My downfall was lunch. I waited waaayy to long to eat. It was almost 2:30 before I could eat, so of couse I tried to eat slow, but it was sooo hard. I had a salad with chicken strips. I usually only have about 2.5 oz of meat, but I bumped it closer to 3 today. Then, I ate a half of a grapefruit. I just couldn't get full. I think I hadn't had enough water though.
Then I made the seafood gumbo in the book. I actully had some brown rice flour on hand and used that, but it came out really good. But because it was so good, I kept dabbling, you know a little here and there as I was putting the food away. I would probably have eaten my other half of grapefruit, but my cutoff came instead. 8pm. So I did a 2 mile WATP video and jumped online. I never stuffed myself, but it just didn't get satisfied like I usually do. I think my cycle is coming. So I've got to keep my eating under control.
Sorry for the long post. Hopefully everyone can keep posting and motivating everyone else. I know it helps me smash out!
take care all.
Old 03-14-2007, 08:08 AM   #15  
Making it happen

S/C/G: 160/130/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning smashers!

I just can not seem to get it together. Ok, today is Day 1 Phase 1 again for me.