Old 01-22-2007, 10:40 PM   #1  
lem
Lem

S/C/G: 163/136/130

Height: 5'7"

Default Weekly Support 1/22-1/28

Hi,

Just thought I would get us started this week. I hope everyone is doing well and thawing out around the country

I didn't lose a pound last week but since I ate cookies, cheese, crackers etc, I didn't expect to lose. I am just happy I didn't gain. I got back to detoxing yesterday so I am hoping for a 5 lb loss this time. I never lose as much when I detox within 3 weeks of my last detox for some reason but I am working out more now so anything is possible.

Have a super fat smashing week! Lem
Old 01-22-2007, 10:50 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 238/227/150

Height: 5'6"

Good luck, lem! You can do it. I didn't lose anything either, but I also overdid it a little. I have decided to go back to the detoxing rules and hopefully I will lose 5 pounds too. If I lose 5 more pounds I will be below 200!!! Haven't been there since highschool...I'm excited.
Old 01-22-2007, 10:55 PM   #3  
lem
Lem

You will do it Shauna! Sometimes taking a week or two to indulge is what I need to motivate me right back to smashing again. Plus when I eat unhealthy thing, my body doesn't like it and I feel crappy I hope I can get to the maintenance stage in the next 6 weeks. I am not sure if you saw a post from a month or so back but myself and another smasher agreed to post our photos here in bikinis May 1. That in itself is VERY motivating! Take care - Lem
Old 01-23-2007, 09:04 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 151

Height: 5'4

Hey LEM how is the jogging going? I cant wait to see your photos. You are doing great.
Sgregg- I also am at a crucial weight stage. It is motivating to be close to a semi goal weight. for two years I have gotten down to 149 then that is it. Something always happens and I go right back. I keep losing the same 5 to 10 pounds. Ugggh. Good luck to ya. I am going to make it past this stage this tiime.
Old 01-23-2007, 01:24 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 151

Height: 5'4

Hey all, ok I have to share some news. You guys are the best to tell this to because I feel like you will really understand. Ok as you know I go jogging 5 days a week and 3 of those days is m-w at the track where I drop off my youngest for pre-preschool. Anyway there is this older guy who is like a legend in our town. He is out on this track 7 days a week and runs for an hour. He is in awesome shape and so he is a little intimadating to me. But I have been out there nonetheless doing my slow slow jogging for my hour and he is always there. Last week for the first time he acknowledged me with a nod and I was so proud, like ok now I am in the IN crowd. But today when he was running up and past me he yells out "your a great distance runner. How long do you go? Wow, you should be very proud of yourself. I am impressed."

And then off he went. I was like glowing. I know that is lame, but I dont care. It is one thing to get a compliment from family(its like their duty) but from a complete stranger.... Anyway had to share. I am now even more determined to keep this up.
Old 01-23-2007, 01:48 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 200/191/136

Height: 5'6

Its great when other people notice! There is only a few people that I tell that I am losing because I want people to notice and then comment. It totally helps my self esteem and motivation!!
Old 01-23-2007, 04:04 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 238/227/150

Height: 5'6"

Wow! That's great. I would be glowing too! I'm also the same way. I want people to notice that doesn't know I'm dieting and stuff. If they can tell I'm losing then I KNOW I am.
Old 01-23-2007, 06:00 PM   #8  
dawnj

S/C/G: 170.2/168/145

Height: 5' 5.5"

Wow, what an awesome "wow" moment. I agree with the others, I'm not telling anybody I'm doing fat smash, I want them to just see the difference. I'm only on my second day of detox, have a killer headache from lack of caffiene, but I feel this is the best choice for me.
Old 01-24-2007, 09:42 PM   #9  
lem
Lem

Madiwy that rocks! I know how good it feels to be acknowledged whether its running, dropping weight or whatever. It sounds like you are kicking butt. How long do you run at a time? I am forced to use the treadmill in these frigid temps so I am up to 30 min 3 times a week. Next week I am going to try adding a few minutes if I don't die of boredom

I am also in the same boat with some of you guys - I have wanted to get back in the 130s for so long and so many times on past diets I have been close - 142, 145 and then right back to the 160s This time I WILL see the 130s and I WILL get to my goal especially with all of your support. Everyone is asking me how I am losing and I am telling them about fat smash but also that I am working very hard in the gym too. I think that makes a huge difference at least for me. I am heading to step class tomorrow for the first time in a LONG time so hopefully I won't fall off the step (it has happened to me before)or pass out.

Happy Smashing...Lem