Old 01-19-2007, 06:36 PM   #1  

Question confused phase 1 authorized foods

Hi I just got the book today and I'm starting detox tommorow but I've been reading and I see foods mentioned that weren't in the book. Is there a list of approved foods for phase 1 anywhere. Like are sweet potatos and veggie shreds(veggie cheese) authorized. Thanks for any help.
Old 01-20-2007, 08:32 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 204/204/145

Height: 5'7"

I know sweet potatos are OK but don't know about the veggie cheese- sorry!
Old 01-20-2007, 09:12 PM   #3  
it's always something

The lists in the book are confusing, particularly since there is a list of vegetables for phase 2, and not a list for phase 1. However, any and all vegetables are allowed in both phases. The list in p2 is just to give you ideas of what all is out there. The only limit on vegetables would be white potatoes and avocados, which are not allowed. Otherwise, you are fine with any vegetable.

The other approved foods for Phase 1 include 2 cups brown rice, 2 cups skim or soy milk, 1 cup oatmeal, any fruits, 6 oz low fat yogurt, and 4 egg whites.

I'm pretty sure the veggie cheese would be phase 2.
Old 01-21-2007, 02:24 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 223/ticker/140

Height: 5' 7"

heres a question, Phase one allows Soy Milk, Soy Yogurt, and Tofu, which is made from Soy........... why not soy cheese or TVP, Textured Vegitable Protien, a "fake" meat product made from all Soy??? The cheese would have some added fat, but the TVP has no added fat or salt...... hmmm. I am going to be using them this week and see if it makes any difference, I am trying Phase one again. I think with a couple alterations, I can stick with it which is better than falling off completely.

Lettie
Old 01-21-2007, 05:26 PM   #5  
Going to Loose IT

Height: 5'7

Question Soy Sauce Phase I

Is it Okay to put Soy Sauce in the brown rice!!! I feel it needs taste becayse it taste like ........ thanx
Old 01-21-2007, 11:57 PM   #6  
it's always something

Soy sauce should be fine, Crystal. I can't remember if he listed it or not. You might want to buy the low sodium variety since the regular type may cause water retention if you use too much. I totally agree that the rice will need some kind of seasoning. If it doesn't taste good, we'd get bored too easily and go off plan. I like Forbidden black rice plain, though. It has a natural slightly smoky flavor that's kind of nice
Old 01-22-2007, 12:00 AM   #7  
it's always something

Quote:
Originally Posted by zambejaly5 View Post
heres a question, Phase one allows Soy Milk, Soy Yogurt, and Tofu, which is made from Soy........... why not soy cheese or TVP, Textured Vegitable Protien, a "fake" meat product made from all Soy??? The cheese would have some added fat, but the TVP has no added fat or salt...... hmmm. I am going to be using them this week and see if it makes any difference, I am trying Phase one again. I think with a couple alterations, I can stick with it which is better than falling off completely.

Lettie
It's all confusing! We are supposed to eat a lot of brown rice, but he said we could not eat brown rice pasta until P3. It's still just brown rice! I ate it anyway, lol, and still lost weight You can use your own judgment on the veggie cheese. I've never bought it so I don't know if it's calorie dense, etc. I think that you should probably be able to use it as part of your 'dairy', as in the equal value of the soy milk. Do you think that would work? Otherwise, eat a little and if it helps you stick to the plan while still losing, then it's a good choice

I'm a firm believer in tweaking
Old 01-22-2007, 10:44 AM   #8  
dawnj

S/C/G: 170.2/168/145

Height: 5' 5.5"

I think the reason we're not supposed to use some soy products is because they have wheat gluten in them and we're not supposed to have any wheat the first phase. My husband has a problem with wheat gluten and he had a problem the first time we used the soy meats. Checked the ingredients and sure enough, gluten!
Old 01-22-2007, 11:00 PM   #9  
lem
Lem

S/C/G: 163/136/130

Height: 5'7"

He does say no veggie shred in P1 in one of the FAQS but I used it on the P1 pizza (in recipes thread) and also sometimes on top of my veggie chili but I didn't use it daily, just to add a little different taste. I lost 7 lbs on detox the first time so it didn't really hurt me I don't think. Good luck. Lem