Fat Smash Diet Recipes Yum Yum

Old 04-02-2007, 05:04 PM   #1  
Optimistic Lady

S/C/G: 275/275/160

Height: 5' 7"

Default Phase One: Black Bean & Rice Cakes

2-1/2 cups dried black beans, soaked 8 to 10 hours
1/4 cup oil, divided (Can be reduced with cooking spray)
1 large red pepper, chopped
1 onion, chopped
1 Tbsp. ground cumin
1 tsp. salt
2 cups cooked brown rice
1 egg, lightly beaten
Salsa or FF yogurt to top it off

DRAIN beans from soaking liquid; place beans in large saucepot. Add enough water to cover beans by a few inches. Bring to boil on medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer 30 min. or until beans are tender. Cool beans in their cooking liquid; drain. Set aside.

HEAT 2 Tbsp. of the oil in large skillet on medium-high heat. Add peppers and onions; cook and stir 10 min. or until crisp-tender. Stir in cumin and salt; cook 1 min. Transfer to food processor; cover. Process until well blended.

ADD beans and rice; cover and pulse until beans are coarsely chopped. Transfer mixture to large bowl. Stir in egg until well blended. Cover and refrigerate 2 hours or until chilled.

SHAPE rice mixture into 16 cakes, using about 1/4 cup of the rice mixture for each cake. Heat remaining 2 Tbsp. oil in large nonstick skillet on medium-high heat. Add rice cakes in batches; cook 5 min. on each side or until lightly browned on both sides. Serve each cake topped with salsa or FF Yogurt.
Sbebs01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 08:30 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 155/145/130

Height: 5'7

Default Thanks!

Thank you so much, Sbeb, and for all the other recipes, too. Don't know if you have made the No-Cream Cream of Broccoli soup, but I did and it is good! Mary
maryblu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 03:21 PM   #3  

THese are absolutley delicious! thanks so much for sharing.
shariann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 11:36 PM   #4  

LOL! I did this absolutely wrong - left it in the food processor too long, and forgot the egg. What resulted was something akin to fried black bean mush - tasty enough, but the presentation left much to be desired!

Oh well... I guess I'll just have to try it again and be more careful!
Pisha is offline   Reply With Quote