Old 05-18-2006, 05:39 AM   #1  
melissa.chickie

S/C/G: 348/331/236

Height: 5'8"

Default I Realized Something Amazing Yesterday

...that God was walking with me when I walked down the side walked. I felt His presence there with me. I felt and heard the cool breeze of the tree leaves ruffling as we walked further and further.

As nuts as that might sound, I truly believe He did!
melissd1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 02:51 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 256/205/150

Height: 5' 6"

Doesn't sound nuts to me , cause I feel His presence all the time , what a blessing it was for you to feel that , embrace it and long for it.
Take care.
higherfaith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006, 10:42 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 220/220/135

wow i think thats totally awesome.... thats something i long for..... youre definitely not sounding nuts....
LauraCarrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 11:37 PM   #4  
melissa.chickie

Thanks for believing...

It does happen more times than many of us probably even know about because God promises us that He'd be there with us to the end of ages...

Have a good Memorial Day Weekend!!!!
Old 05-27-2006, 08:21 AM   #5  

It must have been a great feeling!
2CMEAGAIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2006, 10:12 AM   #6  

That is beautiful and I do not think you are nuts at all!
WaterWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 02:16 AM   #7  
melissa.chickie

I dunno why but I feel like crying because it makes me so happy to know others believe in the Lord this much too. The more I step closer to Him in my life the more I see evidence that He has always been there with me. Silly, huh? I am an emotional nut right now. God is so good!!!!
Old 05-28-2006, 09:22 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 256/205/150

Height: 5' 6"

Psalm 37:4 says it best for me ... Take delight in the Lord and He will give you your hearts desire. I studied that scripture to find out what it meant to me to take delight in the Lord and what my hearts desire was , well I came to this , taking delight in the Lord IS my hearts desire , what we are doing here is taking delight in the Lord , oh how wonderful it is to be a Christian in this day and age and to know the presence of God within us around us . Thank you for sharing your feelings .
higherfaith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 01:21 PM   #9  
fruitful47

S/C/G: 253/same/150

Hello Everyone - I am very new to this Fat Chicks thing...depressed...very overweight (morbidly obese in the medical field) & not knowing where to start this awful dieting again....Too many attempts to count....I read EVERY inspirational word I can get my hands on only to put the book down & go back to square 1...I really believe that until I somehow get my stress level under control nothing is going to work...ANYWAY....on a lighter note....I am a Believer in the wonderful, marvelous JESUS!!!!!....Probably the only constant for the past 8 years coming from a tumultuous past...Well, any reqs on how to drop these unwanted 100 pounds???....My health is finally beginning to suffer...When I leave this site I was going to investigate OA in my area...This eating thing is an obsession with me....I thought maybe a more Christ-centered group would work better for me.....However, the closest I can come right now is this link....SOOOOO til we meet again I will kiss my children (21 & 18) & 4-month-old grandson, work, read & EAT (HA!HA!)....Strugging in PA
fruitful47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 04:33 PM   #10  
melissa.chickie

Hi Fruitfull,

i am doing this super awesome 60 day online course called The Lord's Table through this website: www.settingcaptivesfree.com. What the deal is: you work on growing in your relationship with the Lord by refocusing your craving emotionally to Him, and in Him we get all we need...minding you that we still need to eat. I am on day 11 of the course, and feel quite inspired by it. The Lord's Table is giving me freedom and allowing me to grow enough and more than I ever have expected in Him. I was gonna do OA too, but I don't have time. The daily lessons for this 60 day course are not very long, depending on how much time you spend writing and doing it. I enjoy it and love having the mentor assigned to me inspire me and answer any questions I might have. TLT is a blessing to me more than I ever dreamed it would be.

Melissa
Old 05-31-2006, 01:42 AM   #11  
fruitful47

S/C/G: 253/same/150

Dear Melissa D.
Thank you SOO much for taking the time to respond...I WILL look in on that site tomorrow..I never did get to OA because other issues took precedence...I have a problem with time as well...That's why it is 1:30AM after a very trying shift at work & I'm just now getting time to look in on the "chicks".....May the Lord continue to give you the strength needed to reach your goal...By the looks of it - you're well on your way...HALLELUJAH!!!!
I'll let y0u know how things go......LONA
fruitful47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 02:52 PM   #12  
supaphatchick

I do feel the LORD with me whenever I least expect it. I remember feeling so lost like nobody could ever love me...and giving everything to God...I was walking along outside my condo. I asked God's will...and I walked right into a rose somebody had dropped! It was the 2nd time that had happened in that month...2 different spots from each other (my condo place is pretty big...477 condos!)

The LORD speaks and moves through to us so many ways. It is a battle every day for me to be open to hear him, not only through his WORD but also in everything and everyone on the planet, heaven and earth +
AmericanWomansong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 02:38 AM   #13  
melissa.chickie

God is sooo amazing! Even in my times of distress these past weeks, I still feel, see, and hear him in all I do. I know for sure He has me in His hands.
Old 06-13-2006, 11:42 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 159/146/120

Height: 5'0"

Smile thank you

Just started the Lords Table course. thanks for posting it.
iluvkomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 01:18 AM   #15  

Height: 5'8.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by melissd1
...that God was walking with me when I walked down the side walked. I felt His presence there with me. I felt and heard the cool breeze of the tree leaves ruffling as we walked further and further.

As nuts as that might sound, I truly believe He did!
Doesn't sound nuts to me at all! I often think of His walking along with me and ask Him to help drag me up those hills.

In fact I often laugh as at times I think of the prayer about Jesus carrying us and can hear Him saying... "Nope you have to WALK up this hill so you can get skinny, but I am right here walking WITH you! "
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote