Closed Thread

Old 12-10-2005, 10:01 PM   #16  

S/C/G: S/C/G: 260/(see ticker)/160

I'm soooo excited!

This evening while sitting at my computer...I got to thinking maybe I should try the Flylady thing again.....nothing like major accountability (first diet...now housework!) ....although, I do like the way you answer back to your emails....haha

Anyway, my subscription still wouldn't go through...but after I messed with it for awhile....I figured it out...and now....wala!

I can't wait to start deleting all of those emails...saying to myself...'some day'...hahaha....actually, I really love the program....Even doing a tiny bit of has done wonders fo my home!

Bye again.....talk to you Monday!
Old 12-12-2005, 07:19 AM   #17  
1 Day, 1 Choice @ a time

Ok...will attempt to do the copy/paste thing, as my computer is kicking my butt this morning. I've been booted 3 times already.
I hope you have a wonderful day today as well. I have my timer set so I won't "play" too long! It's 7:20 and I would like to get to Sunday School this morning. I'll be making that one of my goals for next year...I need the accountability and it's a great way to get some time in my Bible!

Yay! Flying! I'm still doing the baby steps but DO have a FLY journal I did up when I joined up. YAY! You can get your reminders again! Way cool! I read a testimonial this morning that was really good and hit home for me. I usually delete the reminders. In my journal, I printed pages that I felt would help me...the zones etc. As I am an apartment dweller...I may be missing a zone or two! LOL! I am so blessed, in applying her principles to my everyday routine. I know when my spaces are a mess...I feel like one..so MESS=DISTRESS.......spiritual and physical in my place. It's such a simple joy to get up in the morning and have a clean kitchen and coffee pot ready to flip on! (still don't do my shoes every day!) Stubborn girl that I am.....God has shown me a tip of late..yes He cares that my environment is a mess!......It's "do ONE thing".......so when I do that ONE thing, more often than not, I am energized enough to continue!

Yes, the exercise feels great...when I'm done! LOL! I just KNOW I'll look forward to it one day!
I was in the floor this morning, cleaning/de-cluttering my bottom file drawer and found something I intend to keep......it's a page I'd written on July 1st of 2000. I weighed 188 and needed to lose 58 pounds to reach goal of 130! WOW.........I gained 50 pounds (actually 54) AFTER that was written. Just two days later I was taken to the Hospital with a major vertigo attack and knew the Meniere's had reared it's ugly head again! Yikes! I believe God meant for me to find that as a wake up call TODAY! I MUST get real and real quick! I am committing my food /weight issues to HIM today!! So it's refrigerator boogy time in my place!

Oh I believe you would really like the collards! I cook mine with a bit of bacon and toss a whole jalapeno (or two) in. I usually do about 4 bunches.......remember I'm lazy about hackin' and dicin'.......so do a big batch and freeze my containers. I have these perfect, stackable containers and often grab ‘n'go for lunch.....I don't need frige space at the office as they stay frozen ‘till lunch time.
I love spinach too and yes that IS good in soup! I laughed at your reaction to the ONE cup serving! Mine was the same! Looks rather puny! I'm coming off the Fritos..today! I'm putting ‘em away in freezer bags and asking God to stay my hand! I am in TROUBLE!

I'd better go.....I'll be saying...log off..... I can't shut up! I haven't figured out how to do the smileys! I want stuff too!
See ya here later..........Bren
Old 12-12-2005, 08:55 PM   #18  

Hi Brenda!
Boy, can I relate to computer problems!! I just typed an entire message....and lost it!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I'm sooo stunned! I'm wasn't sure if I was supposed to weight in this morning.....it seemed like I remembered reading that you weren't supposed to weigh until the end of Phase I.....but....since I couldn't find where it said that.....I went ahead and got on the scale......

Get a load of this!........I lost 8 1/2 lbs!!! I couln't believe it!!! I know it's probably water......and I certainly do not excpect to lose that much every week! .....but wow oh wow!!!!

Just as I typed that last sentence, I realized why they don't want us to weigh in.....I'm sitting her defining my success this week...by what number happens to show up on that scale!!...as opposed to #1) all the fantastic food choices I made this week #2) all the things I've learned....like portion control....and...portion control....and portion control....!!! haahha #3) and the fact that I can actually feel a difference in my body!!! since I've been off sugar/sodas for 1 week.....my joints don't ache....and I have real energy!!! Now what would have happened if I'd only lost..say 1 lb.....or didn't have a loss at all.........major discouragment would have crept in......when that doesn't change the fact....that I'm still doing whats best for my body! Weird huh......I think the Prism precepts are starting to get to me!! (I'm sure that's a good thing!) Who would have thunk it!

I'm sending mucho encouragement your way.....I'm so glad you found the letter......especially since it's given you renewed zeal to get down to business!!!

Flylady stuff: I had to laugh when I read about the trouble you're having w/ 'having your shoes on your feet every morning!' I have problems with that one too!

Well, I gotta get going!

I hope you've had a wonderful filled w/ victories!!!

Adios for now, dee

P.S. When I click 'post a reply'....this little box comes up w/ the smilies on it (to the right of where I type).....I just click on those little guys when I want to add one ....and ....wala.....there they are! Hope this helps.
Bye for now!
Old 12-13-2005, 12:16 AM   #19  

Hi Brenda!
I figured you would probably be reading this tomorrow.....soooooo......

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

I pray that you will have many birthday blessings today!! dee
Old 12-13-2005, 08:42 AM   #20  
1 Day, 1 Choice @ a time

Talking

THANKS SO MUCH!!
It's my Birthday, get my shoes on.....I will have a blessed day..... it's off to a wonderful start!!
Ok..I "found" the smilies yesterday after clicking on advanced at the bottom. My play time was up so I din't get to prowl around. I don't wanna have to do that each time so will start out there?

OH WOW!! AWESOME!! 8.5 pounds down and hey..we count water coming on so if 3 of it is water it counts going off! What a wonderful surprise and you are getting it down!! The program AND the pounds! What a blessing! Even if it wasn't "weigh-in day"! Yes, that will keep you excited and committed!
Woohoo! I must dance for you......OK I just wanna dance and will use ANY reason!

I had a breakthrough yesterday and am praising God! I am committing to doing my daily prayer/praise/devotional time. I printed a small guideline and put in the front of my notebook. Number 7 was PM Praise Pause.......instead of hitting the kitchen first thing when I get home, I want to start this new habit. Well, I went to Mom's after work and was wondering how I'd "fit" it in......God took care of it! On the way..about a 25-30 minute drive......I sang (what I could remember) gospel songs, prayed and praised God and it was SO freeing and such a blessing! I did the same coming home and my spirit broke for the first time in years! I cried, prayed and sang myself home! It was awesome and I am still praising Him this morning. I have today-Friday off as I am taking my last two vacation days and will be with HIM........all four days!
It is SO wonderful...how God meets us at our point of need, brings us OVER and through! Woo-hoo! And...it's my Birthday! I FEEL RE-born! What perfect timing and it's God's doing.......Your prayers are being answered already!!
Old 12-14-2005, 05:23 PM   #21  

Hi Brenda!
I'm so glad you had a wonderful birthday!! And praise the Lord that you're feeding your spirit again!! You sounded so excited and I am excited for you!

I'm running so far behind today. I do not have time to post much....I laughed when I read when you said 'we count the 3 lbs of water when it goes on!" ......I thought to myself....'she's right!' ....I love it!!

I hope today has been a good one for you spiritually and physically.

Have a great day in the Lord, dee
Old 12-15-2005, 08:57 PM   #22  
1 Day, 1 Choice @ a time

Hello Dee!
I am still in overdrive and SO excited....to be getting back what I gave away or allowed the enemy to steal from me.
I have an awesome $10.00 blessing....I'd ordered a set of wireless headphones to listen to TV and my music. I got 'em tuned in and set up...and I am listening to Joyce Meyer while I "play" here and clean my place. I am on CD # 2 of the set "Beside Still Waters"..WOW!

I'd gone to Mom's again yesterday after I got my truck out of the shop, brought home 2 bis bags of asparagus (frozen) that they won't eat...and a headboard that fits my bed..hooray..... I talked to Mom some more about my meltdown the other night and am glad I had the opportunity. I may have told ya...I yelled at her and my brother..to "SHUT UP...just Please shut up"......as they were sniping, griping and it got on my last nerve. I'd had the awesome time with God, going over and the second my brother walks in, they start..it usually progresses to a cuss fight....my Mom doing the cussing and it makes me crazy. God used my outburst for good tho.....in that it shocked them into silence and opened the door for me to talk to Mom about how that behavior affects me........plus she's had two strokes, a major heart attack, resulting in a quadruple bypass...and doesn't need the stress....SHE induces! I told her that 90% of my brother's remarks do NOT require a response......I pray I made some progress there. I love them both and above all pray for their salvation......they have no idea what they are missing in not having that realationship with God.

Ok...I'll boogy....in a minute! The baklava was a HUGE hit and I have a request for a new batch on Wednesday as there is none left of the first!! I'd made two batches....one for Jo at teh other office and one for me..which I split with Sharon, my co-worker...her hubby says it should be against the law!
I took the rest to my Mom's and LEFT it! I have 4 pieces in the freezer for my friend Cissy.

Have a blessed evening Dee......I'll be back tomorrow! I thank God for you and the wonderful crew at The encouragers group.......God bless you richly!
Love and hugs..Bren
Old 12-16-2005, 10:40 AM   #23  

Good morning Brenda!
I'm rejoicing in your spiritual blessings!! Amen!!

I know it can be trying with unsaved loved ones.....I hope (if you haven't already) that you will have an opportunity to open God's Holy Word and show them how they, too, can receive Jesus Christ as their Saviour!! Their response may not be a good one (neither was mine when my sister showed me how to be saved!!) but the Holy Spirit will take the Words of God and work in their heart....as he did with me.....and I will be forever grateful that my sister is a soul winner....and had the guts to share the gospel with her big bossy sister!!! Praise God!!! (Proverbs 11:30, Romans 10:13-15)

BAKLAVA!!!! I could feel the pounds creeping back on just from reading the word!!! AHHHH!!! I've never made it, but boy can I eat it!!!
I'm really in a quandry (sp?)....I LOVE to bake....especially at this time of the year....but I've almost made it through week #2....and their are NO deviations allowed.....I'm not sure if I can bake and not "TASTE" if you know what I mean! haha. I think I can resist....but I still do not want to mess up what I've already started!! We'll see how it goes!

How are you doing on your program? Are you staying faithful to what you set out to do? I'm praying for you. I'll be gone for a couple of days.....it's deer season...and we are off to the lease....(I think) ....plans seem to be a little unsure at the moment! I'll get back in touch as soon as I get back!!!

Have a wonderful day/(s)....and don't forget your goal to get to a healthier you!!

Bye for now! dee
Old 12-18-2005, 02:05 AM   #24  
1 Day, 1 Choice @ a time

Hi Dee!
Thanks for your encouraging post! I have talked to Mom a LOT about spiritual things and she's more receptive than Bubba. Bubba hasn't had any Christian influences in his life..but two of his friends (husband/wife) are Christians, and provided the pop up trailer he lives in. He's "homeless" but for that and the kindness of another friend's son who lets him keep the raggedy trailer on his property and hook up to their electricity. Other than food stamps he has no income of any kind.

While doing my Christmas cards, I'd asked God for a scripture to use...I opened my Bible and it was Jeremiah 29: 11-13........PERFECT! Of course all He does IS and it blessed me to share that with the 12 or so folks I sent cards to, along with a personal note of love and encouragement.
AND....Mom was so moved..she's going to go back to Church and is making an effort to tone down her temper! God is SO good! I pray he gets my brother's attention and does a work in his heart and life......I know there are chinks in his armor.

I AM.....taking good care of me. I caught a cold Thursday..woke up tonight with a croupy cough and went to Wally World at 11 PM for supplies....I pray for a speedy return to health! I am a weenie and it knocks the starch from my sails to be sick. I have some chicken soup made and my juice in there too so will be laying low and taking care of my precious self!
I used yesterday as my rest day...and I really needed it! I'd been blowing and going since Monday.

It's been a LONG time since I hung out in the woods! I loved it when I did but may be too old and whiney to think of it as fun now! I used to go camping at Mineral Wells State park, when I lived in Dallas...and DH #2 and I would go to the ranch where my Dad worked, and camp on the river. Way back when!

I'm headed back to bed.....hope for recovery pronto! Night night!
Bren
Old 12-18-2005, 07:38 AM   #25  
1 Day, 1 Choice @ a time

Thanks for the scriptures too! I just looked 'em up! Woohoo!
I have Joyce Meyer on again....and having my hot water w/lemon and honey, before I have my coffee.
I am up again......I have been napping in spurts for a couple of days rather than going down and staying down, but as long as I rest well and enough,I'm ok. I'll get back on schedule soon enough!
Old 12-19-2005, 09:33 PM   #26  

Hi Brenda!
I'm back!!!

I'm so sorry to hear that you are under the weather! I hope that you are feeling better now.

Praise the Lord that your mom received the message in your Christmas cards. I'm glad she is going to church.... has she ever trusted Jesus Christ as her Saviour? Keep praying for your brother.....I have no idea how long my sister prayed for me....but I'm sure thankful that she did!!!

I'm praising the Lord...I cannot believe I remained faithful to the Program even while we were camping. It wasn't easy....and I'm so thankful the Lord gave me the presence of mind to have a lot of precooked soups and stews....I packed them along....took pre-measured baggies of cereals and things that are allowed and had all calories totals written on the bags. Whew!! I'd have never made it otherwise!!! I cannot believe that I am on week 3!! Too wild. I'm already feeling a difference in my clothes!! Who would have thunk it!

I'm not sure how much I will be able to post this week. My husband wants to go out to the lease....and it's always kind of short notice. I'll check in every day that I'm home..and I'll be praying for your speedy recovery....and that you stay on track with your own personal program!!

Have a good one! BTW....I loved the scriptures you used in your Christmas cards!! Bye for now, dee
Old 12-20-2005, 08:54 AM   #27  
1 Day, 1 Choice @ a time

Talking

HOORAY for the victory!! That was very smart planning, in taking measured portions of your foods with you...and your commitment to doing the program is inspiring! That's wonderful! Week three! where does our time go Dee?

I am doing very well right now and am praising God at my place too. I am back down to 233 this morning, after gaining back up to 238....have had two nights with no after dinner snacking and am watching portions, making an effort to get more fruits and veggies in while lowering carb intake. Especially at night, when I would over-do and my fasting blood sugar was much too high.
Knowing what my trouble spots and triggers are, I am asking God to shore up those areas, gaurd me and be the Lord of my appetite. I want HIM to be my first response when temptations hit!

I honestly don't know if Mom has received Christ as her savior. She prayed with a neighbor several years ago to be saved and has gone to church off and on for a few years.......I'm not sure she understand the "heart relationship" that is vital; to our walk with Christ. I mentioned that in my note to her, as it's my desire to see her living for Christ and enjoying the last years of her life, knowing she has a home in Heaven when she leaves here. I will be talking to her more and yep..Bubba is in my prayers daily! They are a part of my "household" and it's promised they will be saved!

I am feeling MUCH better! God is merciful to me even when I bring things on myself! I will learn to dress for the weather!
I am taking today as my rest day and will be doing my cooking tomorrow. I got another "order" for the baklava and will be doing 3 batches. I want to do my cooking for meals while I'm playing in the kitchen...so will get my list ready and be prepared to start in the morning.

have a good time while out the lease...enjoy yourself wherever you are! I'll be here.....
Bren
Old 12-21-2005, 11:05 PM   #28  

Hey Brenda!
Sorry it took me so long to respond. Wow! 5lbs!! Way-to-Go!!!!!

It sounds like you are on the right track and sticking to the plan! That's fantastic!!!

I came back in from the lease to go to church.....while I was gone my husband got a deer. He was so excited!! I am too....I LOVE vension!! Yummy!

I hope you are feeling better by now. Are you ready for Christmas? I'm so excited...our young people our singing a special for the church on Sunday morning....and our bus children are doing a special too. We don't know how many will actually show up...but we are praying they and their parents will come. What an awesome way to spend Christmas morning!! I can't wait!!!

Well, I've got to run...tons of stuff to do....and the clock is ticking!!

Have a wonderful day!!! Your friend, dee
Old 12-23-2005, 07:53 AM   #29  
1 Day, 1 Choice @ a time

Oh me too.....love venison! My friend is going to bring me a roast when she gets into town...that her SIL provided from his last deer.
Yep..I was excited to see 233 again after playing around for weeks....I haven't been under 230 but maybe twice this year so when I get back there I will be shoutin'! LOL!

My co-worker is beating herself up for over-indulgences and I feel bad for her. I whip myself a bit..we all do...but staying there leads to depression and bondage, illness etc. that our enemy loves to heap upon us. I am praying for LIGHT for her.....she's a Christian and needs more than ever to sense the presence and love of God, as well as healing. Mind, body and spirit.

I am almost fully recovered from my nasty cold and praise God! I've had some wonderful rest the past three nights, no waking from coughing etc and my strength is returning! Thanks SO much for prayers for me as I know God hears you my friend!! I am SO blessed!

Your Christmas plans sounds lovely! Our church is having a morning service, minus Sunday School for those who want to come. I'll be at my Mom's......will go over Saturday after work. My boss is giving me 1/2 day off Saturday so I'll be there by 1:00. I believe we will have a calmer, peaceful time than at Thanksgiving and I thank God for that as well. For restoring peace to ME....
so I can share it with them!

Have a blessed Christmas and a wonderful week ahead! I am excited about a new beginning with the right spin on things in the year ahead!
Love, in Christ.....Brenda
Old 12-23-2005, 09:54 PM   #30  

MERRY CHRISTMAS

HI Brenda!

Just a short note to tell you thank you for you prayers and encouragement.
This week has been tough to stay on program....but I'm still hanging in there by the grace of God! Amen!!

Have a wonderfully, blessed time with your family!!!
Bye for now, dee

P.S. I probably won't be back until next week! During this holiday season....let's not forget our goal of better health!!!.....let's try to make good choices....so we can look back on this time...and say to ourselves....well done!! No regrets, no pig outs...a destroyed body is just not worth it!!!!

Adios again! and Merry Christmas to you and yours!! dee
Closed Thread