3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Faith Based Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/faith-based-support-groups-127/)
-   -   ♥ Christian Encouragers #209 ♥ (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/faith-based-support-groups/68522-christian-encouragers-209-a.html)

pixiefalls 12-06-2005 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crk05
Hello everyone! I am new to this website and forum, and I was thrilled to find a Christian support group!

Allow me to introduce myself and tell you all a little about me. My name is Christina, and I am 27 years old. I live in Florida with my husband and our cat, and I am a chemistry graduate student. I have been married for 11 months now, and my husband has been such a wonderful blessing in my life. He is a man of incredible faith and has helped me develop a deeper relationship with God and grow stronger in my beliefs :cool: After our wedding, we got into some pretty unhealthy eating habits (takeout and frozen foods - ugh). So this November, we decided to go on SBD together to lose a bit of weight and help us adopt lifelong healthy habits. So far, it's going incredibly well, and it's great to have my husband along to motivate and support me! In my free time (haha!) I enjoy writing, walking, scrapbooking, photography, cooking, knitting, and Pilates.

It's so nice to meet everyone, and I look forward to talking to all of you!

Hey Christina! It's wonderful to see new faces. All the things you mentioned.. I like to do them as well but some of them I favor muchly.. like photography, pictures are beautiful but I love them all! It is a great blessing to find a husband who is understanding, supporting, and has a deep faith in God. I'm happy for you:). It's a great support here, wonderful people who share the same faith so stick around.. you'll love it:^:. I'm glad you posted, I was feeling a bit down until I read it.

:)

beth1167 12-06-2005 10:51 AM

Welcome CRK05. You will love these guys........gals.....women and man, men........people.......aw heck, you know what I mean. This is a great group. It is awesome to have your husbands support. It makes it much easier to go through.

Hilary - way to go girl. Keep up the good work.

Lori - Glad to hear your kidneys are better. It is good that Deb has you for a friend. She will find her niche in church too. Encourage her to get involved in a group. Women's circle or Bible study. It is awesome to have a close knit bunch of people to fellowship with. I'll pray for her. I know that my church has been been great for my family and we look forward to Sundays and being with all of our friends.

Gary - congrats on USC's win. I am kinda lost when it comes to college ball, but yeah USC!!!!!!

Greetings to everyone else.

I apologize for the short note........my husband and I are involved in a tax class. We have been going 2 times a week for the last 4 weeks, now we will be going everyday for the next 2 + weeks. It is very interesting and fun. I now understand much more about credits and deductions etc. We plan on doing taxes part time in the New Year. Anyway, I think I am going to go bonkers going at it that hard, but we'll see.

Till the next time......
God Bless everyone.

mkay 12-06-2005 03:34 PM

Needing to Slow Down My Life

Hello All...I feel like I'm a MIA person.

I have been marathoning jewelry for the big show last weekend WHICH WAS A FLOP! :( :?:

That's ok though, experience teaches us. We are going to have a Jewelry plus Craft Open House this weekend at the community house where my friend lives. Hopefully we'll do good. I sell most of my jewelry on the side.

How is everyone? WOW...the siggys are beautiful! And...a lot of new names.

All you CAers...is it warm there?

SunnyD...it MUST be cold there in OH. It is here. I have a fleece blanket (lap size) around my shoulders today at work. I look like an old lady...BUT...I'm warm.

EZ...I was hoping to see the pic of you and your lovely bride up close but I can't seem to get it bigger. Do you live close to Michele?

Michele...Are you going to be sending me any of that good food you've been making?

Sprout, Wilma, everyone...I pray each and every one of you have a blessed Christmas and safe travels wherever you go.

Be back!

EZMONEY 12-06-2005 07:27 PM

Tuesday Afternoon

HI GALS:wave:

I see things are a little slow around here "again"! You all must be out there exercising :strong: :wl: :tread: like I am :sssh: :nono: :sssh: NOT!..and why is that? :dunno: I have had plenty of time the last few days to with work being slow for me right now. I was watching television this afternoon and saw a show I hadn't seen before, on Discovery Health, called I LOST IT...about people that have lost a lot of weight doing the right things such as Weight Watchers, exercise and Curves...oh, and of course eating better!! Good show to inspire!:)

My son just called me on his way out the door of his classroom...he is heading to look at a condo to possibly purchase...anyway, he is a RAIDER fan just like me...and of course we got creamed by the hometown favorite CHARGERS on Sunday night...he didn't teach on Monday, as all the first year teachers had to go to a conference...this gave his classes time to post a bunch of CHARGERS WIN~RAIDERS LOSE stories all over his classroom~~ pretty funny.....wonder what the sub thought?:rofl:

MKAY Good to see you! ACTUALLY Mary, it has been rather :snow4: chilly here the last few nights and mornings...in the high 40's....brrrr....OK! STOP!!:lol: ...for us that is cold;) I know I have a pair of long pants around here somewhere:smug: At least the days have been sunny :sunny: and in the low 70's. I talked to my mom in Illinois yesterday and she said that it was 14 degrees that morning when she got up. Doesn't that just "bite" on the craft show! I remember the last street fair Angie sold her stuff at...I think we worked from 5am setting up and until 5pm selling...and still lost a few $$$$. But there is always HOPE~~~ she hadn't sold anything off her website in a few months, then last week she got 12 orders....she also hadn't sold any of her weight loss and exercise journals, then a guy calls and wants 20 of them to start and wants her to print more up for future orders...ya just never know. At least you have inventory now! Good luck at the show this week-end. I am probably about 100 miles from Michele. Angie couldn't get the picture any bigger to be accepted...we have a new digital and will be taking some new ones soon, although....the smaller the picture...the better I look!!

BETH~ Good luck in the tax class, my ex-wife took a class the last 2 years and has been doing taxes on the side and during the season.

[B]CHRISTINA[B] :welcome:

HELLO and PRAYERS to everyone....off to put lasagna in the oven.

EZMONEY 12-06-2005 08:03 PM

Fat Man Still Walking

A FEW OF YOU HAVE ASKED ME IF THAT FAT MAN WAS STILL WALKING...I JUST LOOKED IT UP...HE IS...you can check it out at www.thefatmanwalking.com

Cool~~ GARY

wilma12 12-06-2005 11:11 PM

Hi All!

Just a quick note before heading off to bed. Nothing much exciting happening around here. I spent the evening watching Amazing Race and basically doing nothing. Oh, I baked a cake for a staff member who's last day is tomorrow.

We have almost all our Christmas shopping done - just a couple more things for the married ones.

This coming weekend we have 2 Christmas parties to go to so that should help get us in the spirit

Gary: Long pants!! How about a heavy parka, mitts and toque?!? I'd love to trade one winter with you. I know who would like it more!!

mkay: I'm sorry your sale went so poorly. Maybe the next one will be the bonanza for you. Glad to see you back here!

crk: Welcome to you! This IS a great place to be! We hope you post often.

Well, I'm starting to nod off here so it's best if I just go to bed.

Good Night!

doitforme 12-06-2005 11:54 PM

Hi there!

E.Z.- Thanks again! Looks like Kaylee, reba, rylee have alot in common- all beautiful full of spunk and into everything! Kaylee gives Grandma a work out she will keep her young. She is progressing so fast, she says new words everyday, she walks short steps, then realizes no one is holder her and gets nervous and sinks to the floor but soon she'll be off and running. Continued prayers for Juan and for Zac's dad- I pray for our soldiers they have really taken some bad wraps lately from our Gov't leaders. I am Very happy USC won.. for you, Your so easy to please :D Hey you mentioned lasagna for dinner, I'll be right over, love it. I'll bring a salad ...
Mitchy- Your dinner sounds yummy too! I am so glad to hear things are going well between you and Junior.
Hilary- Wow! Great job! It is neat when people notice isn't it.
Lori- Happy to hear your feeling some better. Prayers for continued healing!
Hi Christina! Welcome!
Beth- Good luck with tax class.
Wilma- Prayers for mom for healing and for son's asthma that soon doing fine.
Sprout- Sorry things still not going well with DS. Prayers for him sso happy to hear your grandson is doing better and home that must have been scary. You'll soon be walking circles around that rec-plex
m-kay- Glad you popped back in and posted, missed ya! sorry that sale wasn't so hot, your jewlery is beautiful ( saw the piece you made for michele, ) so can't imagine it not selling.
I am doing fine! I am going to help a couple friends with their Christmas party- tom night. they host prayer meeting and have a great time of singing, praying and fellowshiping, with everything from hourderves (something like that) to baked Alaska- yum! I help her every year, we have fun, well getting the food and stuff ready. So i will be busy tom afternoon with that. I got Kaylee's new Christmas pic so I will post that tom. I am getting tired, so I gotta go to bed, I was going to wait and post tom. but after getting home from work and opening my mail l decided to pop in and say hi tonight. God
Bless and thanks again see ya!

doitforme 12-07-2005 09:36 AM

Me again!

no one has been here since I was last night! Here is Kaylee's Christmas picture, she is wearing a Chinese Christmas Dress we got when we were in China. Isn't she cute, uncle Gary! But then you knew that- I'll catch ya all later- gotta go shopping! Then off to party/prayer meeting tonight. Have an awesome day!

Mitchypoo 12-07-2005 11:55 AM

Sue, Kaylee is a beautiful child! So cool that she is wearing a real Chinese dress. She's just an angel...

Can't seem to get it together as far as being on program, but daily i do try to make good choices. Going to my friends house again today to do some cooking for her. And her grocery shopping. It works well because i'm a good shopper and I love to do it and it saves her time and money.

Junior came over yesterday to help put some outside christmas lights up and also he put up a cabinet door for my mom. Things my dad has a hard time doing after his stroke. He stayed for awhile and we looked at some old family photographs, some of my yearbook albums. We watched TV for awhile, visited with my folks. Life is good....

Busy trying to get ready for Christmas, cards to do, baking, cleaning, decorating...but i love it!! This is my favorite time of year!

Hugs to all :hug:

mkay 12-07-2005 04:50 PM

Wilma- Thank you for the compliment on my jewelry. I need all the uplifting I can get. I have almost zero shopping to do. My girls and their sig others will get a card with $ in it and DH and I are not exchanging. I really don't need anything.

doitforme! Georgeous little girl! Love the dress.

EZ- :snow4: :mad: Bring me sunshine and warm air. It is pretty to look at but I have to get out and about in the snow tonight. And just think...you almost moved right into it! Amen that you didn't.

Michele...that goes for you too. Amen sista!

Well, going to a vegetarian restaurant tonight with ladies from healthy eating class (ha ha after eating 6 cookies today). I really don't think I'm on a program right now. I really NEED to be on a program right now.

Tomorrow, is pound in signs night to advertise for the jewelry show this weekend. Then...I'm going to put away the "stuff" for a bit and settle down into home life with my t-mill, better food choices, etc. THEN...bring back "stuff" into that world. Not the other way around.

Well, gotta jet, almost time to go home...15 more minutes!:carrot:

EZMONEY 12-07-2005 05:11 PM

Wednesday

HI GALS:wave:

I as sending those in need some California :sunny: It has been chilly here at night and early morning. Last night the forced air unit ran pretty much not stop from 3am until about 7am...we set it at 63 degrees. It is absolutely gorgeous out there right now~~ low high 60's and :sunny:.

CHECK OUT THIS WAY COOL HOME WITH CHRISTMAS LIGHTS!! it is about 3 minutes long...have your volumn on~~ http://media.putfile.com/wizardsofwinter-SM

The music is Trans-Siberian Orchestra.....

MKAY~ Have a great dinner at the vegetarian restaurant. We have them around here, I used to eat at them when I was younger...trendy and cool:beach: :cool: ...now I'm just pathetic:o

MICHELE~Have fun staying busy and with JR.;)

WILMA~What is a toque? I'll trade with you anytime~~ but only for a day!;)

AUNT SUE~MAN OH MAN:) is "our" neice CUTE or what!?:yes: It is so cool watching the little ones starting to walk and "explore". She is gonna keep all of you busy...good thing there are many "hands" to catch her falls!
Juan e-mailed me yesterday and is still hanging in there. Zac's dad, Dennis remains somewhat stable...very confused at times...it is a very difficult time for his family so we do truly appreciate your continued prayers.

Well the nephew just called...needs a ride home from school...........later

wilma12 12-07-2005 06:48 PM

Gary: I wondered if you'd know that one! A toque is what we Canadians call a knit stocking like hat. Kind of like what my siggie is wearing!

mom2fivesweeties 12-07-2005 06:59 PM

Hi Everyone,

Man oh man has it been COLD here! :snow4: Last night it was around 9 and right now it's only 20 - I think it got up to 22 today - sigh - My Indian princesses turned 10 today! :gift: Ate some Chinese food and probably will eat some of their birthday cake!:hb: Oh well, that's the way it goes. It seems the counselors at LAWL have decided to meet with the clients once a week instead of 2-3 times a week. I don't quite understand it - we paid for the 2-3 times per week and now it's just once a week - hmmmmmmmmmmm - oh well, I know I won't do as well because I need the accountability - sigh -

Gary: Please send the warm weather this way - I don't do the heat well, but it seems the older I get, I don't do the cold well either! :dizzy:

Sue: Kaylee is adorable! Love the outfit! Our girls have some beautiful Indian outfits but I have put them away for them - they would have them ruined, or at least their brothers would ruin them! Thanks for the prayers for continued healing! I'm feeling much better!

Beth: Thanks for the prayers for Deb - she is going to get into grief counseling and some widow's groups - granted, some of the ladies will be older than her, but some will be her age, no doubt. She is 54. She did like the church which is really great!

Christina: :welcome3:

Angie: I know about the avatar being small - my pic is too small too! If anyone can help us out, please do!!

Hilary: Thanks for the prayers! I feel much better!

Michele: You were right - it wasn't just a bladder infection - a full-blown kidney infection, but I'm so much better! THANKS!

Wilma: Thanks for prayers about Dan - it's been a couple weeks now and the shock is pretty much wearing off -

Scarlett: Thanks for the prayers!

Mary Kay: I know what you mean about being off program - I haven't been weighing and measuring stuff for a couple weeks now - weigh in tomorrow and then I may get serious again - hang in there!

Hi to everyone else I may have missed! Prayers with you all!!

:hug:

doitforme 12-07-2005 11:41 PM

Hi there!

Mitchy- Thanks! She is an angel! But then I guess I am prejudice, at least a little. So glad things are working out for you and junior. I must agree I love this time of year, as well.
M-Kay- Thanks! Right there with ya! Hard to be on program this time of year, I haven't been for a few weeks now, so figure I'll wait till the beginning of the new year one more time. Haven't got far to go now.
E.Z.- Our niece is cute, and probably spoiled but that is o.k. She spent the first year of her life with nothing, now she can make up for it the second year. She certainly never lacks for attention. I love trans siberian orchestra- I have two of their albums, they also do awesome shows. The light show was cool.. tough being away from home on Christmas (Juan) will continue prayers for both of them and their families alot to deal with, it is a tough time watching someone going through what he is, especially this time of year. Is your nephew doing good still, he is blessed to have you as a mentor and role model.
Lori- so glad your feeling better, really glad Deb liked the church hopefully she will keep going. Kaylee's dress will be put up as well, she will probably wear it Christmas day and that will be it. This is the first time she has worn it, for the picture.
I am doing well, helped June (a friend from church) and her husband do a christmas party/prayer meeting tonight was alot of fun. Helped cut up cheese, pour punch cut up the ham do dishes ect. but always fun spending time with friends, especially Christian friends. Well off to bowling then working overtime tom. from 4p-9p, not to bad. Have a good one.

pixiefalls 12-08-2005 12:02 AM

Hey everyone! I've been so busy these past few days and trying to shake off my cold (which is almost gone except for a really nasty cough.) And school, and church tonight which was awesome:).

Sue -- Thank you, yep:). Kaylee is such a cute child! *aww*
Lori -- of course, anytime you need prayers I'll be there;) (that is just wonderful you are feeling better)

Steve (the fatmanwalking.com guy) was at Joplin, Missouri on the 5th. That's 6 hours from where I live! I've been there in 2001 and oh, it's gorgeous! We stayed at this hotel that looked like a tall old tower and it had beautiful vines and flowers growing around it.. it had a very homey feel. They brought you breakfast on a tray and put it into a slot outside your room that only you could open.. it was awesome to not have to try to make it to a free one! .. I love travel.

Sorry to cut this short but my cough is crazy and giving me a headache. Sleep well all and stay warm!