3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Faith Based Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/faith-based-support-groups-127/)
-   -   ♥ Christian Encouragers #209 ♥ (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/faith-based-support-groups/68522-christian-encouragers-209-a.html)

Mitchypoo 11-22-2005 04:40 PM

Hello all :wave:

:welcome3: to any newcomers and people coming back. I'm having a hard time posting often, probably because i'm struggling with being on program, i'm still trying and all, but i'm not perfectly on program. And with the holiday this week i've decided to keep things in moderation. I can have a little of whatever, i'm going to just watch my quantities.

I'm dating a really nice guy named Junior. We'll see what happens there. I'm making cloverleaf rolls today to practice for my homemade rolls on Thanksgiving. The dough turned out really nice, so we'll see. We're having dinner at our house with mom and dad, my brother, my friends Bob and Sandy and i also invited Junior. Not sure he will be able to make it. I'm so happy to be home for the holidays and not be rushed and be able to help mom with the dinner. It's gonna be fun!

My Vikings won yesterday!! Yeah Vikings! (Sorry, if we have any cheeseheads!)

Hey Margie, what happened with Fred?

Oh, and thank you all for your concern, i'm fine after the wreck. I was really sore for about 3 days, i still have a bruise deep on my hip from the seatbelt but it's not too bad. And my Aunt was not hurt or sore at all. She's a tough old bird!

Hi and :hug: to all!

EZMONEY 11-22-2005 10:18 PM

Tuesday Night

HI GALS :wave:

Angie painted in the living room all day so for dinner we are having sub sandwiches and chips. She is in listening to Jim Brinkman and Harry Connick right now on the new CD player. She is playing the music LOUD ...for me...but she changed my Avatar and my siggy from SUNNYD...so how can I be mad at her, right? :hug:

My kids just had a great time baggin' on me for being "behind" in the times...I heard a song, Listen To Your Heart today on the radio by D.H.T....an old song by Roxette, but this time with less instrumental and mostly piano...LOVED IT!! :carrot: anyhow, it was overplayed on their stations evidently awhile back......doesn't matter to me...I ordered DHT, Carrie Underwood and THE WHO!! greatest hits on amazon tonight! Merry Christmas to me ;)

MICHELE~ Great to see you back...a guy named Junior?...humm...kiddin'!! Good luck. Loved homemade rolls. OK~ so you and my Pastor "finally" had a win! Daunte who?

LORI You already know my prayers for Deb....but...is that the boat you fell out of?...kidding me right :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: ...it looks like it has seat belts!! ;)

BETH Angie was going to go see Harry Potter with her daughter on Thanksgiving, but Lara went with a friend soooo, we are going to go see the Johnny Cash movie, probably, on Thanksgiving.

MARGIE~ YEA!!! MARGIE is back!! Hey girl, Angie and I will cook for you anytime!! It is so nice to have someone doing the cooking for you once in awhile isn't it?! So sorry about the tennis...just keep on trying is all I can say! It is not uncommon for kids AND PARENTS to drop the ball! Do not take it personally!! You just keep on doing good things for you and your kiddo and it will all turn out OK!

SUNNYD~ humm, ....used to know a girl by that name...a looong time ago....... ;) ...not gonna tell you GALS...but she is my favorite!! :sssh:
don't tell Angie ;)

EZMONEY 11-22-2005 10:25 PM

Happy Thanksgiving

I GUESS THE SITE IS GOING TO BE CLOSED FOR THANKSGIVING`` SO I JUST WANT TO WISH ALL OF YOU A HAPPY ONE WITH YOUR FAMILIES.

ANGIE AND I ALWAYS HAVE OUR THANKSGIVING ON SATURDAY, THIS WAY THE KIDS CAN HAVE IT WITH THE OTHER PARENT ON THURSDAY...THEN WE HAVE OURS...AGAIN THIS YEAR IT WILL BE ANGIE AND ME, OUR KIDS, MY EX WIFE AND HER SIGNIFICANT OTHER (MY MECHANIC!), MY BROTHER AND HIS FAMILY, MY NEICES AND THEIRS AND ABOUT 10 OF OUR KIDS FRIENDS...WE START WITH A BOCCE BALL TOURNAMENT` HAPPY HOUR` THEN DINNER...ALWAYS FUN...ABOUT 30 IN ALL...PRAY FOR MY SANITY!!! :lol: :thanks2: :happ3: :thanks1: :thanks2: :happ3: :turkey: :thanks1:

Margie B. 11-23-2005 08:19 AM

Happy Travels to all. . .

Hey Michelle: Guess you didn't see the earlier updated, well long-story short - Fred wanted more than to just be my walking partner and I didn't (thanks to EZ I did tell him that up front, many times) and he couldn't accept that so now he's mad at me and unfortunately has even quit coming to church. He also has some other issues he's dealing with and last we spoke I did ask him to at least look for another church, it's not like we're the only one in town, the most important thing is just to be there!

Glad to see you got changed from "Minnesota" to "California" and happy you're home. I'm sure your Mom appreciates all the help on this busy weekend!

I too am glad the Vikings beat the 'cheeseheads' as I'm a BEARS fan!!! Yeah, leading the division!! So ANYONE who beats the cheeseheads and I'm happy!!!!! :carrot:

EZ: Love the new siggy on you!! How's the weather in CA? Do you all actually get any snow? It's cool here today, not quite as cold and windy as yesterday but snow (1") expected this afternoon, although I am so close to the river it usually keeps the most of it off. Heck I just picked a ripe tomato about two weeks ago, of course now the plants have frozen and when I get 2 minutes to put together I need to clean out my flower boxes and get some mulch over them bulbs!

Hope you enjoy 'Walk the Line', I would like to see it but DD doesn't like country and has no idea who Johnny Cash was.

As I stated last post, I am working on Thanksgiving Day but will be going to Mom & Dad's on Friday evening. My brothers, sisters-in-law, etc. all have in-laws and outlaws that they go to on T'giving Day so Mom & Dad do dinner 'after' (sort of like EZ) so it's not so rushed for everyone. All in all there will be about 22 for dinner, that's a lot of turkey!

And Michelle is right, enjoy the day, the family, remember to GIVE THANKS and eat in moderation that way you get to 'try' everything. Even if you overdo remember it's just one day and you can get back to it on Friday. Hugs and prayers to all for a lovely holiday weekend
- Margie

EZMONEY 11-23-2005 09:09 AM

MARGIE~ Your kidding me right? ;) OF COURSE IT SNOWS HERE! Why I remember back in '69 we were able to scrape up enough out of the grass to make 2 snowballs :snowfight Seriously! People that were around here at that time still bring it up. Truthfully, fall has set in here, it has been in the "low" 80's all week~~ we need to get out the long pants though because it is supposed to "cool" down into the 70's for Thanksgiving :happ3: Where we are located, we can be in snow in less than 2 hours.

I can't believe your DD doesn't like country~~ I can understand Johnny Cash country...but not Rascal Flats~Keith Urban~Kenny Chesney country. Around here most young girls like it, the guys stay away from it until they get a little older it seems. Take her and let her go in one she wants to see and you go into Walking the Line.

Looks like I am going to owe my BEARS fan from church a 6 pack this year since my RAIDERS, although not playing too bad, have only 4 wins so far.

Hope work is slow for you and you have a great Thanksgiving on friday.

beth1167 11-23-2005 09:34 AM

EZMoney-My husband and I want to see the Johnny Cash movie too. On opening day, I wore all black in his honor. However, my mother, daughters, and I plan on seeing a good chick flick tomorrow after the big dinner - Pride and Prejudice.
:turkey: :turkey:
Everyone-have a happy turkey day and for those traveling - have a safe day. Till next time.........bye.

mom2fivesweeties 11-23-2005 12:50 PM

Dear Friends,

Just wanted to take a moment and thank each and every one of you for your heartfelt condolences on the loss of our dear friend. I'm thankful to have been his friend for the last 27 years. I'm thankful to all of you for being here for me during my down times, my triumphs and now through this.

May you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving with your families and friends. May the Lord continue to bless each and every one of us.

God Bless all of you and your families this Thanksgiving Day~~

Love in Christ,

Lori :hug:

wilma12 11-23-2005 12:55 PM

Hello!

We're back from our mini-holiday. It was really nice to visit old friends and see the people in the church we used to attend. It's alway good to connect with them. But, the interesting thing was I was really ready to come home too. I was a little surprised about that but I guess this is now our home.

I still have the rest of the week off and I'm doing some cleaning that never gets done and I want to get out some of my Christmas things. I also plan to get started on my shopping. And of course do some relaxing too. This week is going to go by way too fast.

Talk to all again soon!

Mitchypoo 11-23-2005 12:59 PM

just call me grace

Hi all :wave:

Where are you getting the cute turkey graphics? :thanks2: :happ3: :thanks1: :turkey: Oh, i found them!

Yes, EZ, his name is Junior, or rather, that is not his given name but he doesn't like it and he was named after his dad, so he's always been Junior. I saw him again last night. He's a really good guy.

I had another accident last night, so call me grace. I was walking to Junior's apt. on the sidewalk and hit an uneven place in the sidewalk and had stuff in both my hands and i fell flat forward, scraped both elbows, bruised my hands, and my knees, but did not hit my head or face thankfully. A guy from across the street saw me and came to help me, i was so embarrassed. I'm more sore from that than the car wreck. Junior bandaged me up and took care of me.

I want to wish you all a Happy Thanksgiving too. Let's be thankful for all of our dear Lord's blessings. I am also thankful for all of you, my 3fc CE'rs whose prayers and kind words have meant more to me than you'll ever know.

EZMONEY 11-23-2005 07:34 PM

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone

HAPPY THANKSGIVING GALS :happ3:

I just want to thank all of you for the prayers and stories you all have shared with Angie and me this past year. We have kept friends, made new ones, and unfortunately lost a few to other places/activities....

It has been a pretty eventful year for Angie and I, this time last year we were returning home from Washington wondering "WHAT HAVE WE DONE?"~~ we had just purchased the lot to build our dream home on~~ as most of you know it was built and sold!! Typical "ME".....Angie and I will have new dreams, new adventures...and of course new heartaches...but we vow to get through it together....there has been a lot of laughter, hopes and dreams this year for us...and a few tears....but today Angie is painting in the house, I had a good day at work, Angie received the "2" flower arrangements I sent her for Thanksgiving...I am sooooo thankful for her!!!!!!!!!!!!! So all is good...PLUS~~ she wants to thank me tonight ;)

Tomorrow is just one day girls!!! Enjoy the food~~your friends~~your families!! :yes:

:happ3: :thanks2: :turkey: :thanks1: :happ3:

EZMONEY 11-25-2005 12:13 PM

Morning After!!!

HI GALS:wave:

Well, I didn't eat too much turkey yesterday:nono: I just couldn't eat after hearing that NICK & JESSICA broke up:?:

Angie and I just got home from the store picking up two turkeys for tomorrow, later we go to Costco for a ham and other things. having our Thanksgiving tomorrow, right now it looks like about 25+...but a few always find a way to sneak in at the last minute.

Angie and I painted all day yesterday, almost done, just a little touch-up. We had the CD's playing all day...didn't see ANY football! I had the games on, but on mute....really never sat down all day. We celebrated :barf: by going to Jack-In-The-Box for dinner! I think that is where we ate last year for Thanksgiving for some reason. we were just too tired to cook after painting all day.

I hope you all had a great day with your families!!

If you ate too much...NO BIG DEAL!!!...go for a walk today!!

Well, off to do more shopping for tomorrow....Prayers for all, Gary

lateralus98 11-25-2005 01:42 PM

:dizzy: Wow! It sounds like everyone had quite an eventful thanksgiving!

:thanks2:

I didn't overeat too much. Just on the mashed taters! I went for a workout today though, so I am back on track!

Sunny -- THANK you for the cute little signature! I love it!

I start my new classes next week, hopefully I'll be able to keep up :dizzy:

Gary -- hope the Thanksgiving dinner goes well :^: Sounds like you had a VERY busy thanksgiving day.

Did anyone go out for Black Friday? I didn't -- I already did my Christmas shopping. :p

I have to straighten up the apartment, God Bless and Mary Keep.

In Him,
Rachel

wilma12 11-25-2005 04:14 PM

Thank you Sunny for the new siggy. I love it!

DH and I got some more shopping done today. It was really nice to have a day together like that. It's been a great week off work. I don't know if I'll be ready to go back on Monday or not.

Tomorrow I'll be doing some cleaning and baking. I still have to find a sweater for our staff Christmas party next weekend so I might get out and do that too.

Tonight DH and I are going to go see Walk the Line. It looks really good so I'm looking forward to it.

Have a great weekend!

beth1167 11-25-2005 10:36 PM

Greetings everyone. Hope everyone had a pleasant thanksgiving and EZ hope yours tomorrow is a happy one.

Well, I am proud of myself. I ate reasonably - enough to be happy about, but not too much to be miserable. You know that miserable feeling when you feel like you are going to pop and you have to just sit there for a while until it is safe to get up. Ha, Ha. That was the old me.

Oh....the girls and I went to see Pride and Prejudice. Definately a chick flick. There were only 3 guys in the whole theatre and I am sure that it was for their wives/girlfriends. Anyway, it is awesome and if you are into the Jane Austen books/movies then you can't miss it.

bye for now.

scarlett_in_CT 11-26-2005 09:49 AM

Hi everyone, this is my first time posting and would like to join a Christian based community. I am trying to walk in the spirit to lead me in my eating habits. Any tips from anyone who has conquered fleshly eating habits?