Old 02-05-2006, 03:41 PM   #91  

S/C/G: 220/211/180

Height: 5'7"

Hello!
I started the Slim Fast plan!! I have been being sooooo good, and I lost 3 pounds in 2 days! I want to lose 10 lbs before my sisters come to visit me on the 20th. Yeah, it probably won't happen, but I know that with this kind of drastic change it's normal (and okay, right?) to lose 5 lbs or so in the first week.
I started doing a really hard work-out tape in the mornings. I am so psyched right now.

Also, on a churchy note. My RS pres was saying today that the book of mormon was translated in 65 days. I was thinking, and she later said, that'd be cool to read it in that long. So I'm going to do it! I've been finding time to cross-stitch and watch TV with my kids leaving me alone for like an hour every day-- I can definitely find time to read 8 little pages! Starting tomorrow -- wish me luck!

Christine
cheerio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 01:31 AM   #92  
Proud to be a Carrot-Top

S/C/G: 213/206.8/150

Smile HI all

Cheerio- WTG on starting SlimFast!!!! I am glad you are liking it! And you may be right about the 5lbs thing... but i winder if that is because it might be water weight??? Good Luck with your goal though... can't fault you for that. And as for the BOM in 65 days!!!! That's a great goal!!! I had a friend who did it in less than that... on her slow times at work LOL! I am barely finishing the BOM Challenge that Pres. Hinkley started in August. It's hard to read more than a couple pages a night with my little ones. and until recently I haven't done any personal study. Soo... we are in Mormon and fast tracking our way through to the end. I found a cute BOM chart for family study where you mark off a square everytime you read 3 chapters. I made a point of making it look really cool and doing it in front of the kids so that they are excited to start over again and mark it!

Life is doing good here... comming up on day 6 of weight watchers! LOL I hope all my counting points is working for me!!! I called a friend of mine from highscool and talked to her and got super motivated... she was fairly heavy all through HS and is now at a gorgeous 158lb!!!! We talked about all the ways it can be hard and how things become different when you lose the weight. She warned me that as she lost weight she became more critical of herself... I can see that as something I will do... that's not good... I will have to watch it.

Well.. take care and Have a good week!!!!!!!!!
JCT Mom of 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 11:01 AM   #93  

S/C/G: 189/184.5/150

Height: 5'3

Sigh. All my good eating isn't going so well. My little brother is leaving on his mission to Argentina Tuesday, so we've been having all sorts of family get-togethers, and there is lots of good food, and lots of bad food, and I seem to be having some of everything. He needs to just LEAVE already! (lol, j/k, but all this celebrating and togetherness is killing my weight loss!)
ctrsara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 04:23 PM   #94  

Oh my gosh Sara, I know what you mean! I was doing great a while back until I went to my grandma's funeral. Tons of yummy food for days, my no-dessert resolution went out the window with some moist lemon cake. It's going to be hard when all my sisters come, because a big part of our plan is CHOCOLATE. I need to figure out a plan beforehand to be able to eat some but not go overboard.

Jessica- are you almost through the b.o.m. w/your kids?? Now that's impressive! We read one column a day. If we read. It's one thing to read on your own, but I was really impressed with the parents who were actually reading the whole thing with their kids.

Hey here's a question gals, what's your favorite mormon movie? Mine is Best 2 years, but I really like pride & prejudice too. I'm excited to see suits on the loose. It's fun to live in utah where they have them in the theaters, my family gets jealous.

Christine
Old 02-06-2006, 04:53 PM   #95  

They usually have the LDS movies here too, after a while. My favorites are the same - Best Two Years, followed by P&P. I cannot handle some of them... so, exciting news - I think my DH is accepted to BYU! He hasn't gotten the letter yet, but all his online stuff is unlocked, and it says he is an admitted undergraduate! How cool is that? If we decide to go I will be excited - I miss the weather and the hiking in Provo, and it is not as far from home as BYU-I would be... (I graduated in Dec 04, about the time he got home from his mission...)
Old 02-09-2006, 10:55 AM   #96  

Woohoo! Today's weigh-in warranted a ticker change. Slim-fast is working! Yesyesyesyesyes!

I got up and all dressed to exercise this morning, came out to the living room and remembered there's a tape stuck in the vcr! I can't exercise without a tape! I wrestled with it for a good ten minutes, probably burned a few calories.
At least I exercised twice yesterday. And tonight I'll do the tape in my bedroom (duh, luckily hubby isn't as brain-dead as me and reminded me we have more than one vcr in the house.)

My BOM reading is going good too! It only takes about 20 minutes a day!

Sara- any news on byu?

Jess- looks like you've got some awesome goals going!

Christine
Old 02-09-2006, 01:03 PM   #97  
Proud to be a Carrot-Top

S/C/G: 213/206.8/150

Default Slow thread....

Hi sisters!

I have been meaning to write for a few days now.... but everytime I am about to hit submit... my baby hits the power button.

Christine- I have been wanting to explain myself about the BOM reading... I didn't always read with my kids. We started just before my son was born (before that it was very erratic) reading every night after prayers. I would only read a few verses and sometimes I would try to sit through letting them "read" a couple verses each. As we kept tp the "read every night" goal, we started reading a little more all the time. It seemed we were in 2nd Nephi for 7 months! Just before i heard about the Challenge from Pres Hinkley, I read a story in the Friend (as my excuse for not reading the BOM that night) about BOM family study.... yeah we read the scriptures that night! After that i no longer made everyone sit together to read... now they lay in thier beds while I read. If my oldest wants to read she does come sit by me and we say it together. Some nights we get though a whole chapter, some nights we may have to reread last nights chapter... but many nights we do get in 2 chapters. It will have taken us exactly 1 year to complete our first "Family reading" but we are super thrilled!!!! My girls love the scriptures and we can feel the difference in our home when we haven't read. I know that if you set a goal to read it will enrich your life as it has mine. One thing that I would advise is Don't look back... if you forget to read for a few days don't get after yourself for it... jsut start back up where you left off. It won't do any good to stop reading becasue you aren't exactly where you would have been. I have done that... and I just never pick it up again because I feel so bad about putting it down in the first place. The Lord doesn't care where you read.... just READ! And I can't let you get away without saying on the Slimfast plan!!!!!!!!!! You are rockin'!!! (my daughter says "Really Rockin' Crocadillian") Keep up the good work... ever think of moving the working vcr into the main room so you have more workout space????

Sara- UGH... family get togethers can be difficult. ESPECIALLY LDS ones!!!! Did he leave now? You'll have to keep us posted when he writes! I think that you and hubby are so lucky to be able to go to BYU (possibly) I would love to go! I will keep my for that acceptance letter to arrive soon!

Where are the rest of our sisters????? byuGrad? AmberM? Valarie250? Gategirl??? We miss you ladies... please come back to us!!!!!!
JCT Mom of 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 01:46 AM   #98  

Hello? Where are you all? I'm not a church member, but I have been an investigator on and off for quite a while.

I read this read regularly, and think you guys have so much to offer the world of 3FC.

So come back!!! Let me know what you're up too!!!

Kylie in the UK
kykaree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 03:48 PM   #99  

Sorry girls, I've been a little out of it. Much news, all taking place in the same week! My brother left for the MTC, (he was quite homesick at first, but he's in his second week and doing much better) we found out my DH is accepted to BYU, (so we'll be moving back to Provo at the end of August) and we found out that we're expecting a baby in mid-October. Surprising, but exciting, because we've been trying. I'm at 6 weeks now and had my first appointment yesterday. I have been pretty tired, and more and more sick (no bathroom visits, just very nauseated unless I'm constantly eating - not sure how that's going to go for my weight maintenance.) So yeah, life's good, if a little intense. How are you all doing?
Old 02-23-2006, 12:51 AM   #100  

Hi - I'm a newbie here, pretty new to the forum thing. It's great to see fellow LDS members here, hope you don't mind me joining in! It's wonderful to have a lot in common right off the bat! I'm a stay-at-home mom of 3. I graduated from Utah State -- so all that Utah talk brings back memories! I'm also doing WW, but just at home on my own. It's been tough not having to account for my weight loss, I've been doing way too much cheating!

Hope to get to know you all, and good luck with your weight loss goals!

Cindy

Last edited by cindymomtwo3; 02-23-2006 at 01:08 AM.
cindymomtwo3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 09:40 AM   #101  

Hi ladies,

Sorry I haven't been around. Not much to report. I'm kinda maintaining at 150 but not really trying hard enough to lose more. I'm going to get back on the exercise bandwagon today and maybe the food one today too (who knows?) I'm at my high school weight and I"m just too comfortable and have no motivation. I need to start again and at least get the stress relief of exercise.

Looks like I'm going to be released from Primary which I think sucks! We'll see, the president was released due to family issues so we were all released but I'm hoping the new pres will keep one of the counselors on (pick me...oh oh pick me!) *hehe* I'm going to apply to graduate school next week so we'll see how that goes. I'm late on registering to get into the masters of social work program.

ctrsara, Wow, big things going on with you! Congratulations on your baby! Moving back to Utah in August and a baby, that could be stressful. But I'm happy your hubby got into BYU.

Hope all is well with everyone else!
cindymomtwo3, welcome! Jump in anytime! Everyone is welcome!

AmberM
AmberM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 11:59 AM   #102  

Hi everybody! Sorry, I've been a bad poster too!

Sara- awesome! Congrats!

Cindy- hi! I'm so glad you came to join us, we definitely need more groupies in our groupie.

Kylie- hi! nice to meet our resident lurker! Feel free to post if you want to.

jess- love the new avatar pic! way cute.

As for me - I really am trying, but I swear I'm gaining weight! I'm working on eating a lot more fruits and veggies and I'm still exercising everyday. I decided to try smaller goals, so right now I'm working on losing 4 pounds in 2 weeks.
My five sisters and my mom were here this week for a visit, we decided to have a scrapbooking convention, it was so fun.

Have a good day girls!
Christine
Old 03-03-2006, 11:36 PM   #103  

Default Sonoma Diet

There doesn't seem to be much action here in this thread, so I though I would post something. I started on a new diet - The Sonoma Diet - on March 1st and I've already lost 3 pounds! I am very excited! I have been doing WW at home since the beginning of the year, but felt I needed to kick it up some. I'm really glad I found all the comments on 3FatChicks about this new diet, which isn't really new, the concept goes way back! No gimmicks, just very healthy eating. If anyone else is looking for a better way of eating, check out all the info here on 3Fatchicks about it. It's really working for me.
cindymomtwo3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 08:57 AM   #104  

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperduliaJMJ
The Church? How is your church "The Church?
Well, that is an easy way to shorten "The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints" which is a large mouthfull.

BTW, getting back to the person who started this thread, how long have you been doing judo and is there a BYU Judo club? My daughter starts BYU this fall and I'd like her to continue in Judo.

Thanks!
Stephen M (Ethesis) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2006, 03:55 PM   #105  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen M (Ethesis)
Well, that is an easy way to shorten "The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints" which is a large mouthfull. ...
Or you could refer to "The Church" as many I know do: COJCOLDS.

Pronounced "CAWZH- colds." It works for them.
Anibas is offline   Reply With Quote