Old 01-13-2006, 11:57 AM   #76  

I can't dance to save my life! I just do WATP tapes and I have an OLD Jane fonda one I can do. I bought Tae-bo tapes at a garage sale and I almost killed myself doing the one that shows you the moves!! *hehe* So those are put away for now. I'm hoping I get a bit better. I know I won't get more coordinated but hopefully I can get in better shape. I'm doing better on the treadmill but I still can't really run as fast as I'd like. I've never been good at that either...I'm just not an athletic person.
My BIL and SIL live in Lehi UT and LOVE to go hiking too. I wish we had more beautiful terrain to do it in *sigh* We really don't have many hills even in Indiana. We do have a lot of Lakes, including Lake Michigan pretty close so that might be fun sometime though.

anyway, hope all is well with you ladies! After gaining a couple of pounds earlier this week, they've melted away before today (my official weigh-in) so thank heavens. I"ve finally gotten my eating under control...at least for yesterday...one day at a time, right? That water and salt intake really make a difference on my scale. Plus I started lifting again after a 3 week hiatus so I'm sure my muscles were storing that water and wondering what I was thinking?? *hehe*

Have a good weekend ladies! That's always my bad time of the week but I'm determined to make up for the rest of the week!

Amber
AmberM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 03:08 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 220/211/180

Height: 5'7"

Oh my gosh Amber, I bet I'd beat you in a bad dancer competition. I am such a crappy dancer. I would never never take an aerobics class because I'd just be standing there looking like an idiot most of the time. The tape I do on a regular basis is one I've done for years, it's pretty simple, but I still can't get some of the moves right.

Christine
cheerio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 12:15 AM   #78  
IR:0, Valarie:1

Default Getting back on track!

hey ladies

So, I stopped taking my Metformin- NASTY side-effects were killing my sexlife, and I know what's really important in this life Sex or health? I choose the former everytime...

I'm starting the NurtiSystem diet in a few weeks. Hubbie just got a better job so we can finally afford it! I'm also joining a gym here in town. I'm going to run a 5k with my husband in the fall and I bet him I would beat his time after he mouthed off about "having to wait for a girl..." He is so going down!

I am currently on the activities committee, but the chair woman never calls, so I've done about zip with it for a few months. I would love a calling like teaching sunday school or enrichment... something more involved!

Have any of you done NutriSystem?

Valarie
Valarie250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 01:07 PM   #79  

S/C/G: 189/184.5/150

Height: 5'3

How's everyone doing after this long holiday weekend? Weight-wise I'm probably about the same, because I didn't exercise, but I didn't eat a ton, because I got the flu Friday. We're not talking full-blown Influenza-A or something, just a stomach bug that forced me to stay down for 2-3 days. I was glad for the long weekend to recover. I can't tell how truly upset my stomach was, though, because when I -thought- it was sick, all I ate was Saltine crackers, white toast, and white rice (all easier to digest), which my system is NOT used to. That might have made me sicker - all that refined flour. Of course as soon as I realized my stomach felt a little sick no matter what I ate, I also had some hamburger helper, Pizza Hut, and Chinese food. It all balanced out, but all-in-all wasn't very healthy. I'm being good again today, and I will exercise the next two days. I'll need to be careful this weekend, because we're going down to Mesa for Stake Temple Day, and we'll be eating out a lot. Anyway...
ctrsara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 01:26 PM   #80  

valarie - teehee, you go girl!

sara- ah, the mesa temple. that's where we used to go to do baptisms when I was in yw.

I have been a really good girl this weekend! I haven't been able to exercise though, once I got over my stomach bug I had a headache one morning, then pulled my shoulder this morning. Owwwww. I'm hoping to exercise TWICE tomorrow though. Yeah baby.

Christine
Old 01-17-2006, 08:24 PM   #81  

Hi ladies. It's been a while since I was online -- but I'm glad to see this thread has some life in it again.

I've put on about 3 pounds since Thanksgiving because I've been doing so much travelling for work and haven't been able to get to Curves regularly. Tomorrow I'll hopefully get there for the first time in 2006, but home teachers are coming at 6:00 and an enrichment committee meeting at 7:00.

I was just called to be Gospel Doctrine teacher, so that's going to cut into my spare time. When I taught GD 4 years ago, it usually took about 20 hours a week to do the lessons. But I had to do every lesson; this time I'm team teaching -- so only every other lesson. Plus, I've got my Old Testament lessons from before, so hopefully the prep time will be less this time around.

I've been pretty strict to my low-carb regimen since getting back from Philadelphia on Saturday a.m. I'm heading east again in a week, and then again mid-February before heading to Madrid for an extended President's Day weekend. Gotta lose a few pounds before then so I can indulge in the yummy pastries in Madrid.

BTW, for those of you who have joined in this thread since I was last on, I've lived in Bountiful, UT for nearly 3 years. Before that I was in Philadelphia for 7 years. I now telecommute for the software company I work for (I'm in marketing, not a programmer). I usually spend about 1 week a month in Phila.

Bye for now.
byugrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 06:43 PM   #82  
Proud to be a Carrot-Top

S/C/G: 213/206.8/150

Hey hey Sisters!!!!

I am new to this site and THRILLED to see other Heavenly Bodies trying to get fit! I have been overweight for... well it seems forever to me... but since graduation 10yrs ago. Dang if I could get back down to how "FAT" I was in those senior pics... wahoowah momma!

ANYway... I am Jessica, a single-divorced mom of 3 angels with crooked halos! They are Jessie 6yrs, Cassidy 3 yrs, and Thomas 10mos. I am trying to go to school, be a SAHM, live the WOW, and be that little Sunbeam my kids need. IT STINKS!!!!!!!

I have been a member my whole life... with some serious falls and self-inflicted trials along the way. I am trying to work toward my Reccomend in the next year 2006... and well come to think about it... I don't want to have to buy a fat temple dress.... hmmph.

Sooo... here I am .... and I can't wait to chat it up with you all... please feel free to IM me on Yahoo.... I would LOVE to chat!!!!

See ya around Sisters!

edited for coding errors.
JCT Mom of 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 07:06 PM   #83  

Hi Jessica. Welcome to our LDS 3FC group -- although we haven't been especially chatty lately. I know that you can achieve your weightloss and temple recommend goals!

What kind of an eating/exercise plan are you going to follow? I began low-carbing at the end of June 2004 and lost about 5-7 pounds a month through the end of the year, and another 10 pounds at the beginning of 2005. I've been pretty much in maintenance mode since then -- but at least not gaining more than 2 or 3 pounds at a time (at which point I do what I need to in order to lose them again).

I would really like to get serious about losing another 20 pounds -- but life gets complicated. My current strategy is staying away from sugar and most starchy carbs -- except for the occasional whole grains (mostly whole wheat bread, brown rice, shredded wheat cereal, or old-fashioned oatmeal). And I'm doing pretty well exercizing -- either Curves, walking (fast) on my treadmill, doing The Firm videos, or Walk Away the Pounds DVD (which is what I'm about to do in my Philadelphia hotel room tonight).

Bye for now.
byugrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 11:12 PM   #84  

Hi Jessica! Welcome to the board! Good luck on reaching your goals this year! I haven't seen very many figure flattering temple dresses around but good luck! *just kidding* It sounds like you have your hands full. Good luck with your goals!

Amber
AmberM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 11:17 AM   #85  
Proud to be a Carrot-Top

Red face Thanks for the welcome!

I'm in a mood today... and reading back through my post before I guess I was then too. LOL

Ok.... BYUGrad... hahaha... meal plan? You will soon find out that I am the LEAST likely person to have one of those! For now I am jsut doing portions.... and LOTS of water. :::I seriously FLOATED in my bed all night!::: I don't think I could EVER handle the low-carb thing... I couldn't live without my pastas and breads.... nooooo way!!!! I think that Mediteranian diet sounds interesting. I have tried no fat... which works well... and I suppose I have a tendency to cook lower fat anyway.

I have been using the old Beachbody Power90 vids... just started back up this week. HOWEVER! Of course the DAY I started to get serious... my son got croup... and then my daughter got strep... then my other daughter got it.... and then I got myself on antibiotics! LOL Sooo.... I set up a challenge for myself to do the 6 on/ 1 off workout schedule from Power90.

I was so lazy yesterday... I didn't do my work out all day.... but then I read on one of the boards that On Demand cable has exercise vids... WOW! I had FUN!!!! I did Afro-Brazillan dance, a warm up from a belly-dance vid (RIGHT), a jab-kick vid, and finally a full-body quick work out. It was nifty!

Well.... sisters... get to posting... I have no life and I read these boards for waaaay to long yesterday!

HUGS
Old 01-28-2006, 10:23 PM   #86  

Is it the saddest thing ever that I'm giving a talk in the morning on preparation, and I'm still not prepared? Lol, I have a good 2 hours before bedtime!
More importantly I got a new cross stitch pattern today.

Also I ate 3 cookies today. It was going to be two, but they were 3 for a dollar! I bought them to cheer me up, but instead I spent the rest of my shopping trip feeling like a failure. Doh!

I'm doing good exercising though! 6 days this week!

Oh, oops, Hi Jessica! I have a jessie too, she's 3. And 3 other kids too.

See ya gals!
Christine
Old 01-29-2006, 07:50 PM   #87  
Proud to be a Carrot-Top

Unhappy Oh sisters....(Vent)

I know that this isn't a very good Sunday activity... but... well it's what I need to do right quick.

I didn't do any exercise at ALL yesterday... grrr. I was whining all day because my legs and arms hurt from the day before.... wah me. So I feel like a total loser... and not in the good way either. LOL

Anyway, Church was so good today... it was combined 3rd hour and our topic was on attending the Temple. I really enjoyed the lessons and am feeling like I really need to start talking to the Bishop about a recommend. The thing is ... I am on probation... obviously I had Thomas after my divorce. So Temple attendance hinges on finishing the probation. And there are things like... going back to school and actually being on time to sacrament that are part of those conditions I have to meet.... grr. I haven't been ready to go back to school yet... and my bishop is a professor. And well... I'm just frustrated. I cried all through 3rd hour. Mostly because I KNOW how important the Temple is (my Mother is a temple worker) and how much I want to be there. Then I was thinking about how cool it would be to recieve my endowments on a Ward Temple day. Not that it really matters who's there... not like a sealing. Then it was all the "am I ready?" "have I finished the repentance process?" "Does He forgive me?" .... "do I forgive myself???" UGH. I am just I don't know... discouraged. I didn't want to be. I really enjoyed Church today....

Well thaks for listening....

P.S. Christine, Cute... is your Jessie named for anyone? My daughter is named for my great Grandmother. Thier first and middle names are Jessie Aurora. Jessie was born on my great grandparents 82nd anniversary date! Cool little tidbits. <3
Old 01-30-2006, 10:19 PM   #88  
Proud to be a Carrot-Top

Unhappy I want to cry....

Today just stinks!!!!!!!!! I don't have any motivation... NONE!

And to make matters worse.... my 3yo cut her hair... aaarrrgghhhhh

About 11 mos ago, my older daughter cut both girls hair VERY short... and I was hoping I wouldn't have to deal with that again.... my 6yo had the fear of God put into her by me and a stylist friend of mine at the time... told her it was against the law to cut hair without a license! LOL Well... seems to not have phased Cassidy... she took a HUGE chunk out off the left side jsut above the ear and in the back too... it's about 2-3in long... and I was JUST starting to get her in pony tails again... she had a pixie cut fromt eh last time... GRRRRRRR

Ok.. well the diet is off the record for the night... ugh... this isn't a fun night. Take care LOL
Old 02-02-2006, 03:05 PM   #89  

Jessica- wow, that sounds hard! Interesting, the going back to school thing. My jessie cut her hair a little while back. My little boy cut his hair and the THREE neighbor kids hair (not too bad) and then assisted her. She chopped her bangs, then got a good chunk right off the top. At least I didn't have to cut it all short, I can pretty much hide it. Her hair was getting SO CUTE before it happened though!
Oh, my jessie's actually Jessica, she's not named after anyone.
I think I'm going to try slim-fast. I like the simplicity.

Christine
Old 02-03-2006, 03:28 AM   #90  
Proud to be a Carrot-Top

Smile Joined WW

Hey all... well I am feeling a bit better now LOL! I can and did put Cassidy's hair in pony tails today! Thank heaven for small miracles!

Anyway, I jumped in and joined Weight Watchers on Tuesday... I am actually not weighing as much as I thought... which was a very pleasent surprise! But man is it hard!!!! I have the super cravings now... and I used to be able to justify it as "just an indulgence"... now I am really trying hard to stick to the plan. UGH! Are any of you doing WW???

I set a new goal too... I want to lose 10 lbs before my son's 1st bday... that's about 1 month away... If I can manage that I will only be 15# over the weight I was when I delivered him.I can't believe that I gained that much in 1year... GRRRR! Well... here's to new beginnings!!!

Take care and have a great weekend... we are planning to go to a baptism on Sat! I am good friends with this girl's mom and used to be her primary teacher a couple of years ago... how cool!