Old 10-14-2017, 09:36 PM   #16  

Default Good Spiritual Books for Weight Loss and Healing

These resources may help you with confessions:

Walk in Faith by Steve Grohman

Taste for Truth by Barb Ravelin

I have used both of these resources. I have found them to be extremely effective, soul stirring, and in depth with using Scriptures towards success with healing and changing the way we think towards food, sicknesses and disease. The Walk in Faith book is by an Apostolic couple that I've met several times. Their resources are very in-depth and informative. You may want to check out their entire website. Hope this helps!
Kept is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 08:13 PM   #17  

Default Keeping God First

I am so glad to find an Apostolic support group for weight loss. I feel like Apostolics can benefit from weight loss. We sure do enjoy eating! So my focus is more so on making sure I keep God first. It's more important to me to keep God first than it is to lose weight. I know I should lose weight but I don't want to lose my focus on what matters the most. And reading the Bible today, I read from Isaiah, Jeremiah 51, 52 and Proverbs 17. What was interesting to me is vow keeping. I thought about how I need to keep my vow to God to serve Him, and in what areas I'm slipping. I was actually thinking about turning my back on a certain Ministry that I'm involved in that I struggle to participate in. I was going to ditch working with the children at the church school because it's such a struggle for me. But the Holy Ghost led me to ask some of the Saints for prayer and they prayed for me, and despite my desire to stay home, I went forward with God's will. I'm so thankful because during the devotional time with the school we talked about the story of Jonah. And what I gleaned from the lesson was: when you decide not to do God's will, if you're fortunate, He will pull you back into His will but it may cost a lot of heartache, pain and being inside of a big fish's belly for 3 days. And who wants that? So I found fortitude in pressing forward and keeping my vow to God to be a living sacrifice. And I'll be doing His will and continuing to volunteer with the Christian School. So I am on day 8 of my weight-loss journey and I feel fantastic I'm looking forward to a lifestyle change. On day one I was really struggling and I wanted a milkshake and I wanted to bathe in ice cream. Now on day 8 I'm very grateful for this lifestyle change and for eating healthier and for keeping my calories under control. I'm allotted 2178 calories a day in order to lose 122 lb within a year. On every day of my journey thus far I've eaten less than the 2178 calories, thank God. So now I'm focused on incorporating exercise. I've already bought some shoes and some socks to exercise in. I enjoy walking and I lose weight by walking so I think what I'll do is pick between 6 to 13 songs to listen to while I'm walking and that will be my exercise for now.
Old 12-03-2017, 01:09 AM   #18  

Default Still Here

Hi everyone, I'm still here and interested in losing weight. Determined to be a healthy Apostolic, you don't see that many of us. Well, I'm glad to report that I've done my first day of exercising. Yes I've actually exercised and I feel good. I am joining a co-worker in committing myself 250 days of healthy eating and exercising habits. And of course I am keeping God first. Something that stood out today for me and my devotionals was what I read and Isaiah chapter 60, God was describing how he will overthrow the wicked and take care of the faithful. Thank you Jesus. I also recall reading in Proverbs that godly people know what is acceptable to say and ungodly people will say froward things. I went 21 days with tracking my eating habits, I lost weight and was looking thinner, and then fell off with tracking my eating habits. I'm looking forward to going 50 days with tracking my eating habits and exercising.