Old 06-21-2013, 08:32 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 159/160/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justwant2Bhealthy View Post
WINTER ROSE -- glad that you found us over here. You can just jump right in and share your heart away, any time you like. Looking forward to getting to know you better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamechanger View Post
Welcome Winter Rose!!! You've joined a great group. I've received so much help here. Again Welcome.

Thank you both for the WARM WELCOME ... I will RETURN Monday morning to share more about me ... and so I am just asking a special request for right now and that is my daughter who just joined us here at 3 CHICKS tonight is wanting to lose weight and get feeling good about herself I am asking you keep her in prayer !!! More on Monday heading off to help my hubby so see you all soon !!

Hugs and blessings

PS: Friend Requests coming your way ...
HisWinterRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 05:39 PM   #17  
wishin' for sun!

S/C/G: 260/see slider/135

Height: 5'1"

Winter Rose-WELCOME! Glad to have you here!

Rosebud-I'm wondering if those forms that ask for so many details of your possessions and assets have a dual purpose-it seems as if they may be itemizing what they can take from you and your DH to pay for his future treatment, as many Alzheimers patients usually end up in assisted living arrangements. I know many of those places down here can take assets and possessions to pay for their services. It's very unfair, because they can even manage to 'acquire' a family's farm that's been in the family for decades in order to 'pay' for their services. Many here must plan ahead if a parent has a fear of becoming ill or in need of residential assisted living help and make sure assets are distributed to children long in advance (years, in fact). I'll continue to pray for your situation.

I haven't been able to be on here for a few days because things got so hectic! Two trips to Minneapolis-one to get DS2's computer fixed and one to pick up Mom. Going to have to go back in a couple weeks when DS2's on-line class is done, so they can fix something they broke when they fixed the original problem. Got Mom home Thursday, but her mental condition is worse than we realized and I guess it's been that way for many,many years, but we didn't realize what was going on. I'm getting more info by getting some counseling myself to try to find out how to deal with her, but, apparently, many schizophrenics do not ever actually lose the delusions. When she's on the meds, and this is what we didn't know was going on, she still believes that the delusions really happened. She believes that the people who are after her are just leaving her alone because 'they won' (her words) and, since they are watching her all the time, they'll leave her alone as long as she takes the meds, but she 'isn't going to let them win' and, apparently, plans on going off the meds again as soon as she thinks she can.

Learning this has kind of thrown me for a loop, because there are things that she has told us for many years about my dad and others that I now have no idea if any of it's true or not. I'm thinking much of what we've been told all these years has been part of Mom's delusional thinking. I do know that much of what she ranted on and on about Dad was always very contrary to the Dad that I knew, so I'm just maintaining my memories. Guess I'm going to need the few counseling sessions that DH's company provides

So, this week may be a slower week, finally! Just some lawn-mowing (which the DS's will probably do) and some gardening. We're building bean trellises from pvc, but couldn't put them up today because we got lots of rain last night. The tomatoes, cukes, radishes, squash are starting to get bigger finally after a few sunny days this week

Hope you all have a great evening! God bless!
ronni62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 10:51 PM   #18  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

RONNI -- I highly suspect that you are correct in your summations. I found out several things today that were very illuminating. The saddest part of all is that the Social Worker that I hired to help me with the forms lied through his teeth: all the way through, his instructions on how to fill the form/application out were incorrect.

So much so, that at one point I asked him if it was true that he had really filled these forms out before for other people. He said yes again, but not with so much conviction. I even questioned him on some of the things he told me to put down as they sounded wrong to me. At the end, I told him that I would be going over the application again; and would be calling the trustee to check for any errors. At that point, he decided to leave. Needless to say, I will not be talking to that man ever again.

My father was right: TRUST NO ONE. As Christians, we can only TRUST GOD. I think I now am finding out why GOD told me so many times over the last year, to TRUST HIM, and Him only (put not your confidence in man). This is why ...

On the first 9 pages, I have found several errors already -- so how many I will find as I go through the remaining 20 pages, who knows? The way he had me fill it out, I would either look like a dummy with a limited education, who couldn't fill out a form correctly, which could jeopardize me from getting the trusteeship ... or at the very least, it would cause months of delay as we tried to sort out the misinformation that he told me to put on there. I THANK & PRAISE GOD for showing me all the mistakes; I kept praying & praying for divine wisdom, and HE answered my prayers.

What this man's real goal was/is, only GOD knows. My sister suspected that he was trying to foul me up to protect some friends. When she asked him who he represented, he got quite indignant. This is a case of "THOU DOTH PROTEST TOO MUCH" -- and today, I noticed times when his guilt was quite evident. What a shame that people like him are making this profession look bad. I am a social worker too, and our job is to help people not harm them. No wonder so many social workers leave their chosen career paths. As one person said to me, some have a heart beating in their chests and the rest don't ... some care about people and the rest are just glorified money handlers.

Then another fellow came by to see how we were doing; and informed me that their group deems Alzheimers as a mental health condition rather than a physical health disorder, and that is why they did what they did. He says that they have much more lee-way (more powers) under the mental health act here. Plus he said that he was not supposed to disclose that to the public; so you are going in like a blind person if you ask them for help. So we were right: we were deliberately deceived; and there was a quick cover-up going on for the actions they took.

It was so obvious that this case was being rushed way too quickly on every level. So, now I will tell everyone to be very careful of the help they ask for; some are honest, but some are not. Try to find someone who has already had personal experience with that group/agency whether it is a private or public organization. I have found out that some of these groups are businesses that are just looking for more business -- meaning your $$$ via the government; and yes, they want to find out if you can afford to pay them for their services (I was asked that more than once).

So I need all your prayers for now & the future -- I will continue using the knowledge that GOD has so graciously blessed me with and do what I have to do. I will leave the hows and whens in GOD's hands; and trust HIM to work everything out for our benefit. This whole process has been set up as a business audit or investigation without any care or concern for me. They say that this is for my DH, but it's not really. They are more interested in the $$$ than anything else.

Only time will tell what their real agendas are; and I suspect that you are very close, if not spot on. I thought things were different here, but I am being told that a lot peculiar rules and laws (legislation) are being passed here, without the public knowing about it. Prophecies continue to come true, my friends ...

PS -- and that's sad what you say about people acquiring inheritances; with these rules, many people will be disinherited. When families find out that is what the government plans to do, they and their spouses won't receive inheritances that they might have originally. I know I told my DAD to check out the laws before he leaves anything to me now.

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 06-25-2013 at 11:10 AM.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 10:08 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

WinterRose, welcome. looking forward to getting to know you.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 09:15 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

WinterRose WELCOME!!!
pattygirl63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 10:28 PM   #21  
Rosebud

Had a busy but very productive day: refilled out two forms, correcting all the mistakes from that rascal on Monday; plus finished a long & detailed 3-page questionnaire as well. Took my time to check them over & over again. Just have to get some documents, and I can send them all in. Even did two loads of laundry in between.

I'm gonna have a whole day to myself tomorrow with DH on an activity day, and sister & BIL going to the city for her monthly meeting with her boss -- SIS could use prayers for peace of mind & a positive outcome. THANKS.

We're having great weather here lately, and we all worked to put together a nice swing for the wrap around porch. It was nice sitting out on the swing as the sun sets. SIS & BIL purchased a nice boat for the lake. They got a great deal for the boat, motor, and trailer as one package. Sis wants us all to go out for a ride this long weekend.

Hope everyone's having a great week out there ...

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 06-27-2013 at 12:36 PM.
Old 06-27-2013, 10:03 AM   #22  

Rosebud, praying that this sticky situation that you did not create but are left to unravel will soon turn around. It is beginning to sound like a 3 Stooges Movie, these seem to be a bunch of people who do not know what they are doing, each one is worse than the last one.
God is greater !
Old 06-28-2013, 03:03 PM   #23  
Rosebud

BARGOO -- I think it's more a case of them trying to cover someone elses' butt & their mistakes. You see, if I screw the application up, then he looks like he was right in petitioning them to take financial control away from me. Just one of the mistakes the SW made, would have disqualified me completely. Now that's not a coincidence; esp when he made more than a dozen mistakes. When I questioned him on that one and others, he just kept lying and lying through his face. I finally had the proof I needed that he couldn't be trusted. I don't know how they sleep at night doing things like that to innocent people. Sadly, now they both will have to answer to GOD for oppressing one of His children. No matter what their agenda was, what they did was wrong.

Like RONNI says, I have no doubt that I am being attacked. When we got up to go into town today, the car didn't want to start. After a few tries, he got it started but then it wouldn't kick into gear, so we trolled all the way there at 40-50 miles an hour with the 4-ways on ... eeegads! WE prayed all the way there but we finally made it -- then the car just suddenly started working fine again. That was after BIL had called their mechanic to make an appointment to check the car out. We are hoping it is nothing major; maybe dirt/water in the fuel or something like that.

So now the whole thing is in GOD'S hands. I checked that thing over more than twenty times. There's nothing more I can do. I think I at least deserved a chance to defend myself. Thank goodness, they put our money back into our account to cover all our bills -- PRAISE GOD for that.

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 06-28-2013 at 03:06 PM.
Old 06-28-2013, 09:18 PM   #24  

Oh, Rosebud I do believe you're being attacked by Satan from every side. These people are doing Satan's work, I am sure they would deny that and may not even realize they are allowing themselves to be used by him. You are a threat to Satan, being a believer in the Glory of God, a great prayer warrior and a strong witness to the miracle of our Savior,Jesus Christ.

Last edited by bargoo; 06-28-2013 at 09:19 PM.
Old 06-30-2013, 11:48 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 315/296/160

Height: 5'10"

Default Thank You Lord for Sending Me Encouragers

Morning Glory! Morning Glory! I caught a very good sermon this morning, and I feel great. I thank God for His blessings, and I want to thank Him for His tender mercies and love. I thank Him for sending me wonderful and loving people like the folk on 3CF. Your encouragement and prayers have been invaluable. I just wanted to give you my friends and my God a big ol' shout-out. May God richly bless you, and I love you much and continue to keep you all in my prayers. I know that we are all going through something. But through it all, the Lord is faithful to bring us out whole on the other side. Please continue to trust in that and stay focused on His goodness. I praise Him for it. This morning I awoke to a new day, and the scale told me that there's 14lbs less of me than there was in May. It's a new day, and I'm in my right mind. It's a new day, and I actually had a place to wake up in with electricity and running water. I thank God that there's gas in my car, food in the kitchen, and clothes in the closet. Okay, I didn't mean to start preaching, but I'm just so grateful for the blessings the Lord has bestowed upon me. I wanted to thank all of you for your encouragement. Being able to come to this community has helped me to figure out some things and to become stronger and more faithful. God bless you and your families.

Have an Awesome Sunday!
gamechanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 10:02 AM   #26  
wishin' for sun!

Hi, everyone! And, I finally found my way off my plateau!!! Lost 4 pounds last week doing the Fast Diet. On 2 nonconsecutive days each week (I chose Monday and Thursday), you (women) eat only 500 calories and make sure they're good calories, like protein and fiber to keep you full. The other days, the diet says you can eat anything you want, but I try to stay reasonable, with fruits, veggies, and good proteins and fats. I found that, on the 'normal' days, I was eating less, too, and being very mindful of what was going in my mouth. Feeling very good, too! The only thing I did notice was a headache by evening on the 'fasting' days, so I'm being more mindful of how many carbs I eat on the normal days to avoid sugar crash. The most amazing thing I've noticed is that my digestive system seems to be improving over the last couple weeks-I haven't taken any MOM in over 2 weeks! Of course, that could be that my latest MS exacerbation is waning, f.i.n.a.l.l.y.!

Wish I had more time here to talk, but must go take Mom to the psychiatrist. She's already wanting her meds changed, so here we go again She's listing her trailer to move to AZ if it sells. Part of me is glad that my sister will have to deal with some of this for awhile and I'll get a break, but, then, I know sis doesn't need any more on her plate either.

Well, take care and have a blessed day, friends!
Old 07-01-2013, 10:04 AM   #27  
wishin' for sun!

oops! Go to new July thread