Old 01-09-2013, 10:39 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 200/145

Height: 5'3"

Default Hello

Hi. My name is Crystal. Mom of 4 in Texas, where I homeschool. I've been married for 17 years. My kids are dd 14, dd 11, ds 10, dd (almost)8.
I've struggled with weight ever since becoming an adult and with each kid. I've gained, and lost, gained and lost. My highest was 215 many years ago. Now I linger around 200 but am only 5'3". So needless to say, that's not good enough.
I really need some structure and will power. I use to have that easy enough, but not now. With school and my kids extras, I just find it difficult. I do much better on my own, though, not following any plan. I like to elliptical and use some hand weights. I love sweets, so my only diet structure is just being smart...not eating too much of anything, but enjoying what I like. I love to bake and have my kids in the kitchen too.
I have very strong faith in My God. I've been a Christian my whole life, but my relationship with God has strengthened since becoming a mom. My faith is what keeps me home with my kids, keeps me from having too big of a friend circle. My faith and beliefs are me and I find it hard for others to understand me...in this world we live in.
I hope to find some friendships and some folks to help me along my way with daily conversation and advice.
Hope that's enough about me.
P.S. It has rained for 2 straight days...love the rain, but glad for it to come to an end.
crysann77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 07:46 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Crystal. welcome ! This is a great place to find Christian friends, even though we never meet face to face, we care about each other and are always ready to pray for any prayer request.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 09:16 AM   #18  
wishin' for sun!

S/C/G: 260/see slider/135

Height: 5'1"

Crystal- Glad you've found us! We love new members! I also homeschool-just one now, a son, 16, who's a junior. Our middle son is a junior in college now, and our oldest one is married with 4 kids.

Hi to everyone else too! Finally, I get to start PT today--I am sooooo hoping they can find a way to relieve this pain! So, must start getting ready to face the world. Hope you all have a great day! God bless!
ronni62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 10:46 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bootsie View Post
Praying still Rosebud for good results on your test being done on the tumor .

Our Father is bringing rain to Texas and yeah they got orange headed toward us! Sure hope our dry holes get filled up and oats start growing for the sheep!
There will be many Texans dancing in the rain the next few days and I will be one and I don't dance!

: : Go Father Go let it pour!
GREAT news Bootsie!! I was hoping you were getting that rain. Praise God for it. I talked to my Daddy the other day in Waco and he said the problem had been that y'all got lots of rain the 1st part of the rain, but none later in the year. So while we praise and thank the Lord for sending the rain now, we are also praying that the Lord blesses y'all with it spread out over the year as needed.
pattygirl63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 09:04 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 178/167/147

Height: 5"10

Crystal-welcome to the board!! Sounds like you have a lot going on but something's that have worked in the past. I find I am actually going back to what has worked before. It's hard to admit I canT find success in The new way I tried but good to face.

Ronni- had did the PT go? I hope they are able to come up with a good routine for you!
Rintin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 08:46 AM   #21  
wishin' for sun!

S/C/G: 260/see slider/135

Height: 5'1"

Rintin-the PT went well. In fact, when she did the traction on my neck, the pain was gone and stayed away for a couple hours after. She said I can use our home traction thing every day if it's helping. I know it's going to be a long slow process and I may still end up needing the surgery sometime down the road, but I'm really hopeful that they can free up these neck muscles to make the vertebrae slide again like they're supposed to. Thanks for asking

Rosebud-just wanted to say HI, in case you're getting the chance to read here. Praying for healing and good results for you. Miss you!
ronni62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 11:28 AM   #22  
Pat

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/150

Height: 5'0"

Default Hello from Georgia!

Hi! I am new to the group! I have started a new weight loss plan and need the prayers and encouragement from other Christians. I know that I cannot do this without the help of God. I pray everyday that he gives me the strength to get through each day. I know that I can do this with the help of other Christians! I am a long time believer and am active in my church. I have three children. Our oldest daughter is married with a sweet 1 year old and another one on the way! Yay! My middle child, a son, just got married in November, and our youngest daughter is a freshman in college! All three healthy and happy! I teach 5th grade and love the people I work with and my students!

Thanks in advance for your prayers and support! I'm excited to be part of this group!

Last edited by ieduc8em; 01-12-2013 at 11:37 AM.
ieduc8em is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 12:09 PM   #23  

Welcome, iedu8em. You can do this !
Old 01-12-2013, 12:33 PM   #24  
Pat

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/150

Height: 5'0"

Thanks bargoo! Wow! You have done great! Congrats on your success! I am very excited to have found this site and getting to know everyone!
ieduc8em is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 03:01 PM   #25  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

THANKS FOR YOUR CONTINUED PRAYERS, EVERYONE ~ finally came into read today as my head is finally clearing (had like in a brain fog for a week there). I picked up a nasty flu in the hospital -- one of the worst I've had in years. Everyone here had it and we are all finally on the mend. Had to stay in bed as I couldn't even keep food down, so was very weak. This week, I am finally able to keep food down and making up for lost time.

BARGOO ~ Don't have any scales here so haven't weighed myself yet, but I sure look different. I have much more flexibility and baggier clothes. When I am stronger, we'll get to go shopping. The doctors want me to gain some weight as I lost a lot before the surgery. I still need to build up my lung strength as I tire easily still. Minor tasks takes major exursion making me feel exhausted. I know I have to take it easy and not rush things.

to all the NEWBIES ~ So nice to have you all join us here!!!

Glad for all the rain for TEXAS. WE had some rain too and now have green grass everywhere -- well, at least until next week. My family is taking great care of us here. DH's loves it here and it is a beautiful place to recover.

Am continuning prayers for you and yours ...

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 01-12-2013 at 03:08 PM.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 04:55 PM   #26  

rosebud, so glad to hear from you. So sorry you have had the flu, trying to recover from surgery and flu at the same time is tough I am sure. Did they weigh you at the hospital or doctor's office, if so ask them what you weigh. Doctor must know since he thinks you should gain. Does neighboor have a scale that you can borrow ? So glad to hear DH seems to be in a good place right now. He may think of this as a new home.
Still keeping you in prayer for a quick recovery from surgery and no revisits from the flu.
Old 01-12-2013, 05:08 PM   #27  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

:-)
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 02:23 PM   #28  
Picking Myself back up

Height: 5'6 1/2

Hello Everyone..
I am new to posting to the Faith site..
I believe wtihout God I will get no where. He is always withme..
So its time I start working off some of this weight with some Christian friends..
Cant wait to chat with everyone.
Grace73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 02:30 PM   #29  

Welcome, Grace. This a great support group and ready to pray for any need you might have.
Old 01-13-2013, 03:05 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

A quick check in.

Rosebud So good to hear from you. Sorry about you havig the flu but so glad you are getting over it. Good to hear that DH is enjoying himself. Prayers continue for you.

Thanks everyone for praying for us. DH had his 1st cortisoe injection this past Monday. Can't tell that it has helped, but then I understand it can take 2 or 3 before you see any improvemet. I really must trust the Lord with this as I know nothing about it.

Tony's DD passed her state board test ad is now an LPN. They are now getting ready to move. Interesting observation this moring at church. We had the celebration/dedication service of our new church home. It is a brand new building which has take over a year or so to build. DD and her DS came i the new sanctuary with cups of coffee. DGS came in and told his DM that they were not allowed to drink coffee in the sanctuary and he took his out to throw it away. His mother would not let him have hers. She set through the service drinking her coffee. I the realized what we had bee dealig with for these past 18 months. Total lack of respect for others peoples wishes, property or authority. If nothing else, I think DH and I have had to see this. DH's DIL had told me something about DD that I did't believe. I'm one who listens and then observes not believig everything I hear. I always want to see for myself. Well, I now realize that the DIL just may have bee telling me the truth.

What I've learned through all of this is what Job must have felt with his "friends" and the God said "Pray for them". That is where I am with them. I am praying for God to forgive them for lieing and manipulating us to get to move in with us and using us and almost breaking us financially and tearing up my home. I have had to do like Job did and forgive them, pray for them to be blessed and let it go. I am thoroughly convinced that is how we must treat the whole situation and trust everything to God.

Thank you gor prayig for us.

Prayers continue for each of y'all.
pattygirl63 is offline   Reply With Quote